Tuned my 2011 Charger R/T AWD - Dodge Charger Forums
Are you interested in the Dodge Challenger? Visit the Challenger Forum @ ChallengerTalk.com for your Dodge Challenger information!

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Models (2011 - Up) > Performance Discussion/Modifications (2011 +)

Performance Discussion/Modifications (2011 +) Discuss any performance modification in this section of Dodge Charger Models 2011 and up.

ChargerForums.com is the premier Dodge Charger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11-02-2012, 08:02 PM

Talking Tuned my 2011 Charger R/T AWD

My DS Trinity arrived today, so I updated it, loaded the latest CROM files, and dropped the 91 octane tune on my car.

I've been filling up with 91 (the best we have at the pump, at this altitude) for the past couple of weeks.

I think I feel it in the butt dyno! The throttle response definitely feels better, and the increased shift firmness is really a kick in the pants, but getting onto the highway (WOT), it seemed I "trapped" faster at the end of the on-ramp than usual...

Too bad the track is closed for the winter. Maybe I can find a closed road somewhere...

Overall I'm very pleased, and especially with the awesome price provided by the vendor - $479 shipped!

Big Shout out to MarylandSpeed! Quick shipping, awesome service.

Last edited by joem_; 11-02-2012 at 09:47 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2012, 09:20 AM

Joem_
I too have been looking at getting that particular tuner, but have been hesitant to pull the trigger on it. I have a couple of questions and am hoping you will entertain them real quick like. How many tunes are you able to do using this tuner and have you played around with any of them or just the 91? Can you custom tune your own preferences (kind of like turning cooling fans on at certain temps)? Is there a function that allows you to tune for better gas mileage? Can you reset diagnostic codes using this tuner? I know it is a lot of questions, but I would like to know from someone who actually owns the device. Thank you for your time and consideration.
Old 11-04-2012, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifthwardpsyco View Post
How many tunes are you able to do using this tuner and have you played around with any of them or just the 91?
For the Charger, it comes canned with 91, 93 octane tunes. You can only have one tuned installed at a time - and only on one car. You can't tune both your Chargers at the same time with this device - you need one for each, or just tune on of them at once. You can, however, have multiple custom tunes installed on the device (or on the SD card) and switch between them.

Tuning shops with CMR tools will be able to write custom tunes for your car based on your modifications, and dyno & sensor results. There are some people who even offer over-the-internet custom tuning. Just use the Trinity to log a few runs, send the logs to your internet CMR tuner, and he sends you back a tune to try out.

Quote:
Can you custom tune your own preferences (kind of like turning cooling fans on at certain temps)?
Yep, the Modify Tune functionality allows you to modify some of the parameters of the installed tune, including the cooling fans, air/fuel mixture at WOT at various RPM ranges, auto-stick shift modes, shift-firmness, ESP enable/disable (and more)

Quote:
Is there a function that allows you to tune for better gas mileage?
Well, I know the RAM truck tuners come with a Fuel Miser tune. I don't see why one couldn't modify a tune to be more fuel efficient.

Quote:
Can you reset diagnostic codes using this tuner?
Yep, I read and reset my P0128 code before tuning.

Quote:
I know it is a lot of questions, but I would like to know from someone who actually owns the device. Thank you for your time and consideration.
No problem! My pleasure.

Last edited by joem_; 11-04-2012 at 09:36 AM.
Old 11-13-2012, 08:48 PM

great feedback - thanks! I was sold on this before it came out and now it's a sure buy.
Old 11-14-2012, 07:05 AM

My Charger: 2012 SRT8
Sounds like you got some good results. Shame you don't have the times to see how much of an improvement it made. I'm sure before long, we'll see some time slips popping up.

Current 2012 Dodge Charger SRT8
Traded 2012 Dodge Charger R/T AWD
Old 11-18-2012, 03:34 PM

Ok does this device have to be in the car at all times. i have two 2013 chargers can't i not load a 93 tune on mine and unplug it. Then go over to my wife's car and adjust the fans and shifting firmness?
Old 11-18-2012, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddawg View Post
Ok does this device have to be in the car at all times. i have two 2013 chargers can't i not load a 93 tune on mine and unplug it. Then go over to my wife's car and adjust the fans and shifting firmness?
The device doesn't have to be in the car at all times, but it can only tune one car at a time.

After you tune your car, the trinity is then 'married' to it. It cannot be used to tune any other vehicle until you restore your car's original tune.

You can use the logging and tree features on other vehicles while it's married.

Oh, and there isn't 2013 support yet.

Last edited by joem_; 11-18-2012 at 03:52 PM.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:30 PM

Got mine today....spent forever to update and load the 93 tune. Started up in the garage just to make sure it would crank. Hopefully, I'll have positive results tomorrow.
Old 11-20-2012, 10:23 PM

Had my forever and still have no upload the tune yet. Waiting for them to update the damn CALID so I don't have to downgrade.

https://www.youtube.com/user/ChargerSRT392?feature=mhee
Always looking for a good run
2012 Charger SRT8 Blue Streak Pearl
12.53@ 110! Stock
Goal - Low 11s with just a Procharger..no DRs.
2009 Tored Charger SRT8 - Gone but not forgotten.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Models (2011 - Up) > Performance Discussion/Modifications (2011 +)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.