Enable sound horn on lock feature (HELP) - Dodge Charger Forums
Charger Problems/Assistance (2011 +) You having problems with your Charger? Check and see if it is a common problem and get answers here.

#1 Old 10-31-2012, 01:35 AM
esz

(Thread Starter)
Enable sound horn on lock feature (HELP)

Dear friends!

I am hoping that somebody from the forum has an idea about this problem.

The feature "sound horn on lock" has made me go crazy over the past years, starting from my first charger in 2009.

I have just purchased a brand new 2012 Charger SRT8 and was hoping that the aforementioned feature will finally start working.

The first thing I did when I was at the dealer receiving the car, I have checked if the feature is working. Of course for some reason, the feature did not work. The option is turned ON in the navigation system and it still does not work

When I visited the dealer for my first service (2500 km), the service adviser told me that it's impossible to turn the feature ON and that he had several complaints from customers about this issue.

I told him that I will not give up and that I will bring good news to him as soon as I find a way to make the feature work.

I live in Kuwait and the car was manufactured in Canada.

What do you guys think? Is it possible to turn this (silly) feature ON?

2012 Charger SRT8 (Stock)

SOLD (but not forgotten):
2009 Charger R/T (Road & Track)
MODS:JLT's Carbon Fiber CAI
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-31-2012, 06:22 AM
3996 Daytona

I found that the alarm and unlock features in EVIC are very unreliable. I set mine to turn the lights on when I unlock but it only works once in a while. The same thing with the unlock all doors with one press. I have it off but sometimes they all unlock. I gave up on it and just accepted that it will do what it wants

3996 of 4000 Go Man-Go Still bling-free (not counting the Wilwood brakes)
BT Catch can - SLP underdrive - PPP Stage II heads - BBK Headers - 268 Compcam - Jet 180 T-stat - Wilwood Brakes - BB Stage II VB - MDS Delete - Custom Tune by Johan
#3 Old 11-03-2012, 05:20 AM
nessqn

Sound horn on remote start is not working on my 2012 R/T Rd & Track Charger. So r the power pedals.The power-lock button on door handles work intermittently. Dealer/Service center is clueless...we cant have the best of both worlds i guess...
#4 Old 11-06-2012, 11:54 AM
esz

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3996 Daytona View Post
I found that the alarm and unlock features in EVIC are very unreliable. I set mine to turn the lights on when I unlock but it only works once in a while. The same thing with the unlock all doors with one press. I have it off but sometimes they all unlock. I gave up on it and just accepted that it will do what it wants
You should go to the dealer and let them fix it!

At least your horn partially works, mine is totally off
#5 Old 11-06-2012, 11:57 AM
esz

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nessqn View Post
Sound horn on remote start is not working on my 2012 R/T Rd & Track Charger. So r the power pedals.The power-lock button on door handles work intermittently. Dealer/Service center is clueless...we cant have the best of both worlds i guess...
What about sound horn when you lock your car?

Are you from the states?
#6 Old 11-07-2012, 07:53 PM
Ddaddy
Supporting Member (Lifetime)

Garage
All of my selections work exactly as selected. I turn on headlights with unlock and honk the horn upon lock.

If it isn't working properly, you might want to disconnect the battery for 30 secs and then reconnect. This should reset the system to acept the new selections and enable them. Alternatively, you can pull the IOD fuse in the trunk to reset the BCM that controls these things.

If you continue to have issues, ask the dealer to reflash the BCM with the latest version to address the issue.

Many folks forget that these cars have a Body Control Module just like the Program Cointrol Module or the Transmission Control Module.

2006 Inferno Red SRT-8
Option groups I, II, & III + Sunroof
Built Thursday February 23, 2006
Triple A Performance (AirFunnel, AirHog, Aces IV)
QuantumBlue Custom Blended Oil (Yeah, it's that good)

I will drive her until one of us dies! 1/4 mile: 13.388 secs@105.75 mph
#7 Old 11-07-2012, 08:02 PM
esz

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddaddy View Post
All of my selections work exactly as selected. I turn on headlights with unlock and honk the horn upon lock.

If it isn't working properly, you might want to disconnect the battery for 30 secs and then reconnect. This should reset the system to acept the new selections and enable them. Alternatively, you can pull the IOD fuse in the trunk to reset the BCM that controls these things.

If you continue to have issues, ask the dealer to reflash the BCM with the latest version to address the issue.

Many folks forget that these cars have a Body Control Module just like the Program Cointrol Module or the Transmission Control Module.
Thank you for your reply!

I think disconnecting the battery won't work. I will try with the other 2 options.

Good idea to reflash the BCM. Maybe that's the solution.

Do you think that the BCM software for US, Canada and Kuwait can be different from each other?
#8 Old 11-07-2012, 08:08 PM
Ddaddy
Supporting Member (Lifetime)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by esz View Post

I think disconnecting the battery won't work. I will try with the other 2 options.

Do you think that the BCM software for US, Canada and Kuwait can be different from each other?
I don't think there will be any differences in the BCM by country. This is a factory program and should cover all of the models irrespective of market. The master program is likely written to cover all models and options.

I wouldn't discount disconnecting the battery or pulling the IOD fuse. It worked on our Grand Caravan when we were having issues with the remote door locks. It's cheap and easy to try.
#9 Old 11-07-2012, 08:09 PM
GLHS837
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by esz View Post

They could very well be. I wouldnt toss out the battery disconnect, worth a shot. 2 minutes with I think a 10mm socket is worth the off chance of it fixing the problem. Being Kuwait, I imagine your choice of dealers is probably limited, but if there is another one to go to, I would try that. Perhaps if there is a separate Chrysler dealership, that might work, since under the skin, this car and the 300C are basically the same.

"For a mechanic, you seem to do an excessive amount of thinking."
―C-3PO, to R2-D2
#10 Old 11-07-2012, 08:15 PM
esz

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddaddy View Post
I don't think there will be any differences in the BCM by country. This is a factory program and should cover all of the models irrespective of market. The master program is likely written to cover all models and options.

I wouldn't discount disconnecting the battery or pulling the IOD fuse. It worked on our Grand Caravan when we were having issues with the remote door locks. It's cheap and easy to try.
Will give it a try before going to the dealer.

Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Models (2011 - Up) > Charger Problems/Assistance (2011 +)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List