Why did YOU choose the Dodge Charger? - Dodge Charger Forums
General Charger Discussion General Discussion about the Dodge Charger.

#1 Old 10-27-2012, 01:11 AM
JGcharger

(Thread Starter)
Why did YOU choose the Dodge Charger?

With all the different types and brands of cars in the market, why did YOU choose to purchase the Dodge Charger? For me, it was simple. I love the aggressive and mean exterior. The Charger always turns heads wherever she goes, whether its bone stock or heavily modded. Let's hear the reasons why we made the commitment in choosing the DODGE CHARGER!

Carpe Diem

ACES IV AND ALL QUANTUM BLUE LIQUIDS
TINT: 20% FRONT AND 5% REAR, BLASTIN BOBS THE BEAST KIT WITH FLOWMASTER 40 MUFFLER
CUSTOM SOUND SYSTEM WITH PIONEER 8400 HEADUNIT
MOPAR STAGE 2 COILOVERS AND SWAY BARS
6000K HIDS HEADLIGHTS AND FOGLIGHTS
LUMINX CCFL HALO HEADLIGHTS AND TAILLIGHTS
BILLET TECHNOLOGY NOSE BADGE

Last edited by JGcharger; 10-27-2012 at 08:55 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-27-2012, 01:33 AM
joem_

AWD + Power + Price + Luxury.

It was between a Charger and a WRX STI and the Charger won on luxury features.

Also my dad is a Mopar fan (he has two new hemis) and loves that I am now too.

2011 Charger R/T Plus AWD Tungsten Metallic -- Fully Loaded, Spoiler Delete, Sunroof Delete
Done: DS Trinity; Corsa Extreme CB; Edelbrock E-Force supercharger; Illuminated Door Sils; 15% Tint
Sound: Two Infinity KappaOne amps pushing two SSA GCONs in self-built tuned & sealed box
#3 Old 10-27-2012, 02:15 AM
FinallyCharged

Wanted one since i was in high school, hence the name finally charged lol

2007 Road & Track
Show: Universal Air System-Grip Front End-22" Wheels-8000k Hids-Hood Struts-20% Tint-Demolded-Rear Wing Delete-Charger Script Emblem-Interior L.E.D.S.-Painted 09 Tails-Flashtech UV Halos-Roof Spoiler-Trufiber 1" Cowl Hood-BT Honey Dipper Shifter-KenWood In-Dash-"FC Stripe"-Danko Single Tooth Rear Diffuser
Go: Mopar Cold Air Intake-Predator Tuned-180 T-Stat-JBA Hi-Flo Cats-Magnaflow Exhaust
#4 Old 10-27-2012, 04:01 AM
MCO_Carter

Was originally sold on the 300C (V8, RWD, full-size sedan...it was like a resurrected creature from the past).

I test drove a Charger in late 2005, but found the interior lacking when compared to the 300C...it wasn't until I saw the Daytona models that I "got it". I still love the 300C, but Charger was a way to get into the same specifications of a car while saving about $8,000 (plus all the modifications I had planned for the 300C...22" Wheels, 22Elite Deep Dish Grill).

Top Banana #321
Mods
#5 Old 10-27-2012, 07:18 AM
Hazmat11

I had a 450 WHP Eclipse GSX which I sold when my wife and I moved from Indiana. While I loved having a daily driver that ran 11.8's on pump gas, it really wasn't suited to me since I'm in my 40's. Ever since then I'd been driving her 01 Golf GTI which was a great car but not suited to me. When we moved back to Oklahoma, I bought her an 08 Explorer Sport Trac and continued to drive the Golf.

A few weeks ago, I had the desire to pick up something of my own and she agreed that it was time for me to stop getting her hand me downs and pick up a car that suited my personal tastes. After searching the web, I found an 03 EVO 9 in Oklahoma City that I wanted to look at. I called the dealership and was told that it had been sold the day before. A bit disappointed, I looked at local dealer stock and saw two orange 11 Chargers. One had some custom 22's and the other had stock wheels.

I drove the Charger that day and also drove a new Ford Focus Titanium. While the Focus was a good car, I didn't like it as much and it felt lousy on Oklahoma's traditionally rough roads. We went back to the Dodge dealership, picked up the Charger and I've been incredibly happy with it since.

What did it for me was the aggressive styling, the ride comfort, interior fit and finish and the fact that I could have a car with nearly 300HP that knocked down close to 32 MPG on the highway. Also, Toxic Orange isn't a color you see often so I liked having something that was a bit different than everyone else. More importantly, the Charger was a car that seemed to suit me and that I looked good driving. I was so impressed with what Dodge had done that we traded in my wife's Golf last weekend for a 13 Chally SXT Plus with the upgraded interior and clad 20's.

4 days per week I get to drive my gentleman's hot rod and on the last day I get to mess around in the Chally to put some highway miles on it since my wife does mostly city driving. It's the best of both worlds and I'm very impressed with Dodge's build quality and fit and finish.

Yeah, that was too long...

2013 Charger R/T

Last edited by Hazmat11; 10-27-2012 at 07:22 AM.
#6 Old 10-27-2012, 08:46 AM
R/T MUSCLE

Garage
Back when I was thinking about buy a new car, that was around 2006, I had seen the new design of the Chargers that hit the road. Love at first sight!! When I would see someone pull into a parking spot I would go up to them and ask how they were enjoying their new ride. Always got a great review. When it was time to make the move, that was the 2010 model, I first rented an SXT and did a trip from NYC to Virginia to visit family just to see how it handled and feel. I was so impressed that when we got home we went shopping to find the best deals on the 2010 R/T with r/t package.

It will now be going on three years since that day we bought our new Charger, and I must say, I would do it all over again. Yeah I love my Dodge Charger R/T..

Big John
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF5517.JPG
Views:	234
Size:	319.8 KB
ID:	71347   Click image for larger version

Name:	a009 (27).jpg
Views:	205
Size:	342.1 KB
ID:	71348  

2010 Dodge Charger R/T with Road and Track group package,tinted all around. Black Crystal Pearl coat paint. 1966 Pontiac GTO tripower 4spd, 390posi. GTO made the cover of High Performance Pontiac Magazine Dec/92
#7 Old 10-27-2012, 09:22 AM
GLHS837
Super Moderator

For me I was not choosing a charger I was choosing the SRT-8 that most suited the driving I love most. After owning a 360hp SRT-4 i certainly wasn't owning anything less than an SRT

"For a mechanic, you seem to do an excessive amount of thinking."
―C-3PO, to R2-D2
#8 Old 10-27-2012, 09:58 AM
Cuts2TheBone

There is not a faster 4 door sedan for under 60k...and the looks of this car is pretty menacing...the next car i want is 100k (GTR or M5) so I had to settle for this for now.

https://www.youtube.com/user/ChargerSRT392?feature=mhee
Always looking for a good run
2012 Charger SRT8 Blue Streak Pearl
12.53@ 110! Stock
Goal - Low 11s with just a Procharger..no DRs.
2009 Tored Charger SRT8 - Gone but not forgotten.
#9 Old 10-27-2012, 10:04 AM
Stevens12

Quote:
Originally Posted by joem_ View Post
AWD + Power + Price + Luxury.
x2. I had a 2011 SLT Crewcab GMC 6.2L 4x4 and what ever I wanted needed to be AWD cause we need it where I live.

Finding the Charger was a diamond in the rough as far as I'm concerned. The luxury features, 4-doors for the kids, the AWD, and the nice V8 power with decent mileage. All for a Decent price. I don't think any other car compares under $50,000.

Current 2012 Dodge Charger SRT8
Traded 2012 Dodge Charger R/T AWD
#10 Old 10-27-2012, 10:12 AM
370 HEMI
Supporting Vendor

I first noticed the Charger when I was 6-1/2 years old. David Minor was getting out of an all green 1969 Charger R/T 426 Hemi. I remember telling a friend of mine in kindergarden that the car needed a muffler!

He said no, that is David Minor's dads race car! I remember then liking the sound! Spent years drawing dragsters and hotrods until I could drive!

Picked up a 1969 Dodge Charger 383 4bbl in 1980. Have been restoring the car since 1980 and had it 32 years!

All my life I have wanted a Hemi. I remember seeing a 1971 Hemi Cuda in 1981 for $2,200 and couldn't afford it. I would look at Hemi cars periodically and finally was looking at a 1969 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed...mink brown with a black interior, black vinyl top and black R/T stripe with the 1969 recall 15 inch rims. They wanted $275,000 for it. I could have purchased it, but that is an awful lot of money!!!!

One of my friends said hey, don't buy another dinosaur, go and get an SRT8! I said I don't want a Neon! He said no the SRT8 not the SRT4! He said that is an SRT8 Charger....I said the new 4 door Charger? That one is Ugly! He said just go drive one!

I had to get my 2005 Grand Caravan SXT repaired and took it to Ganley Dodge where I had purchasd it. I know the owner well so once I had dropped off the van he asked me what I was going to drive while the van was being repaired? I said maybe I will have my wife pick me up. He tossed me the keys for a 2006 White Dodge Charger R/T. He said just drive this till they get yours back! Well 4 days of driving a 5.7 told me I had not outgrown the growl out the back.

When I returned the car, I asked him about an SRT8. He said he had just got a couple of them in. We can go take a test drive.....I said sure, why not! He showed me the 20 inch rims, the wing, the large exhausts and when I got in it, the hood reminded me of my friends 1970 AAR Cuda. When I got on the entrance ramp, Bob said hey, get on it. I did so and was like Will Smith in the movie Independence day......when he drove the alien craft...."I gotta get me one of these!!!" I went home after the experience and just couldn't shake it. I needed to get one, not just say I had driven one when they were new etc. I told my wife I am getting one and she said we don't need another car! I said don't even think about thinking about trying talk me out of this one! "what have I wanted all my life????" She said a Hemi car! I said that is why!

So, I told Bob Ganley to just order me a black Dodge Charger SRT8 with every option and just call me when it is in! That was in February. Picked it up on April 20th 2006. Hey, 45k vs 275k and have a warranty! I have loved the new experience with the Charger and am proud to park it next to the 69! I guess the desire for performance never truly dies!

Thats why!

Regards,
Brian
BND Automotive LLC
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com

More Power, More Torque, Better MPGs - It's "Rocket Fuel For Your Car"

Custom Designed & Custom Blended "ALWAYS beats off the shelf brands"

Better cooling, better protection without all "The Gunk"

Last edited by 370 HEMI; 10-27-2012 at 12:05 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > General Charger Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List