Trade in question Charger for Charger - Dodge Charger Forums
General Charger Discussion General Discussion about the Dodge Charger.

#1 Old 09-27-2012, 02:18 PM
jimthezete

(Thread Starter)
Trade in question Charger for Charger

I have a 2006 SXT, as seen in sig. The dealer I bought my Challenger from just took in a 2006 RT Charger. I have a good relationship with them.
Here are the detals. THe RT is silver, has sunroof and 45K miles. My SXT has 65K miles. Both were well maintained and have the same leather interior and options (No Nav). My biggest gripe is I love the black color of mine.
So, to get the Hemi, 20K fewer miles and sunroof; how much cash do you think I'll need to throw in? They gave me a prelim # and I'll share that after we get a consens of a few responses.
Have fun and I'm very interested to hear your opinions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-27-2012, 02:40 PM
TNCHARGER

Your SXT brings roughly $10K around here and an RT about $14K so I wouldnt pay more than $4K diff...
#3 Old 09-28-2012, 06:36 AM
jimthezete

(Thread Starter)
Thanks TN,

Nobody else? I wasn't asking anyone to explain cold fusion. Just some pricing opinions. I should have told everyone I was trading it for a Mustang. That would have illicited some responses.
#4 Old 09-28-2012, 07:14 AM
DodgeCares

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimthezete View Post
I have a 2006 SXT, as seen in sig. The dealer I bought my Challenger from just took in a 2006 RT Charger. I have a good relationship with them.
Here are the detals. THe RT is silver, has sunroof and 45K miles. My SXT has 65K miles. Both were well maintained and have the same leather interior and options (No Nav). My biggest gripe is I love the black color of mine.
So, to get the Hemi, 20K fewer miles and sunroof; how much cash do you think I'll need to throw in? They gave me a prelim # and I'll share that after we get a consens of a few responses.
Have fun and I'm very interested to hear your opinions.
Jim,

My guess would be between $6,000-$8,000. Also depends on where you are located.

Regina

U.S. Top Care
Chrysler Group LLC
#5 Old 09-28-2012, 07:45 AM
Cotto11

Don't know if this helps any but I recently traded my 09' SXT in for an 10' RT, I got 12k for my trade, I still owed $ so I got alittle
Over 1k to put towards the 10' I was able to
Get them down to 21.5k from 25k for the 10' charger RT with 16k miles basically brand new. So yea where ur located matters, but depending on what ya have with your trade maybe looking newer than an 06' might be worth it. Def never hurts to look u may be able to make a good deal.
#6 Old 09-28-2012, 07:52 AM
jimthezete

(Thread Starter)
That does help Cotto. I was also thinking upgrading a few years, maybe even just to 08, makes the most sense.
The dealer started asking $6k difference but quickly moved to $5k. I don't think I'll be a taker unless we're closer to $3K. Probably wishful thinking.
#7 Old 09-28-2012, 08:09 AM
06Daytona

The dealer wants to make profit on your trade plus the car they have. So $3k/car seems about right. $5k is probably as good as you will do. But your car sold outright and $5k should get you into a pretty nice R/T probably later than an '06 with the color and options you want.

Top Banana Daytona #2700/4000
#8 Old 09-28-2012, 08:14 AM
jimthezete

(Thread Starter)
Agreed. This will be the thrid time they've sold it in a month. Original owner traded toward a Durango. Young couple bought a few weeks ago but found out were having a kid and re-traded it - and now I might buy it. The dealer's $ must already have been made on this car.
Also agree about maybe selling and buying seperately. I'm just afraid it won't come out like I planned. I'd hate to get into a rush. I looked at the classifieds here and liked several vehicles. Forum people always take nice care of their cars and add the little extras I like (CAI, Exhaust, billet, etc...)

Thanks
#9 Old 09-28-2012, 10:50 AM
Grit dog

Like you said, they made their money on it already...twice in a month. I would expect that to help their end of the negotiation as they obviously have a popular car. They're going to be certian to get their money a third time too. IMO you'd have more bargaining power if it had been sitting on their lot for a while. Good luck w/ the trade.
#10 Old 11-27-2012, 02:51 PM
jimthezete

(Thread Starter)
A decsion has been made. I'm going for a 2012 Chrysler 300 with the 8 speed. Has 25K miles and cost me $10K plus my car. I'm sad but happy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > General Charger Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List