Buying srt8 426 hemi - Page 3 - Dodge Charger Forums
General Charger Discussion General Discussion about the Dodge Charger.

#21 Old 08-08-2012, 03:16 AM
Grimlock

I have far less issues with this car after finding out Inertia did the work (assuming there are receipts). Also this is an active forum member. Why not contact him through the forums and confirm that the owner you are talking to is the same guy? Send him a PM. It would be easy to ask him to post up on this very thread about the transmission.

Have you seen the car in person?

http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/member.php?u=34964

Grimlock
2003 Corvette Z06
2007 Charger SRT8 Gone, but not forgotten!
1969 Roadrunner in Red Gone, but not forgotten! <beep, beep>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#22 Old 08-08-2012, 03:18 AM
Grimlock

I read through some of sdotzsrtman's posts and it looks like he did the cam installation himself. From what I read, Inertia only sent him a tune, and didn't do the installation. IF this is the case for all of the work (done at home by a shade-tree mechanic), then I would pass on the car personally. If he has receipts for a top shop doing the actual 426 (which he might), then I really wouldn't be hesitant.

http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/...958&highlight=
#23 Old 08-08-2012, 03:25 AM
Grimlock

Reading through more of the owners posts. Found the post where he talks about the original 6.1L blowing and planning a 426 replacement....it definitelys sound to me like he installed the engine himself. http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/...625&highlight=

Also found a post where he comments on a torque converter issue earlier this year. He also mentions in this post that he swapped out the rear end for a Getrag 3.91. I am betting this is the "Tremec Transmission" and he just added the wrong item on that other website. Just a wild guess, but I bet I am right. Some people confuse Getrag and Tremec, but adding "automatic transmission" is definitely odd.
#24 Old 08-08-2012, 06:57 AM
Devils6

Are there any pictures of this charger

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App

2013 Dodge Charger 5.7L HEMI TorRed BlackTop with Beats Audio. SLP LoudMouth 2, Kooks Long Tube Headers, 20% Tint, LMI AirHammer Intake... More to come.

2010 Dodge Charger 3.5L Brilliant Black (Traded Up) Magnaflow Catback, CAI, 20% tint, Cold Plugs, 100 Shot Zex wet Nitrous Kit.
#25 Old 08-08-2012, 07:42 AM
Grimlock

I believe there are if you search around.
#26 Old 08-08-2012, 11:54 AM
MCaesar

Way too much in this story for my blood.

The guy could be a great mechanic but I would prefer a motor installed by a shop who does it on a regular basis

2006 SRT8 228,000 miles+ (ordered with F1s and options)

COMING SOON!
2015 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
707 horsepower
650 pound feet of torque
#27 Old 08-08-2012, 12:51 PM
bebyberry

(Thread Starter)
Thanks for the replies. After reading the post I've decided to look for a less modified SRT8. I don't think there is anything wrong with the car. The car seems like it is more for racing and not commuting back and forth to work (60 miles round trip). I think my ego was pushing me to buy the car lol.
#28 Old 08-08-2012, 02:49 PM
Hawker

Looks like a very nice car with lots of expensive mods, but that seems a little high for an 06...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > General Charger Discussion

Tags
426, modification, modified, srt 8

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List