2012 Charger Shift knob removal - Dodge Charger Forums
Interior Discussion/Modifications Discussion about modification of the interior of the vehicle. Such as the addition of mp3 players, dash kits, etc.

#1 Old 06-18-2012, 05:19 PM
R/T Mag

(Thread Starter)
2012 Charger Shift knob removal

anyone know ? does the shifter knob unscrew like my 2007 Magnum? I cannot see or find any retaining clip or set screw, I have an sweet Papa John's Pistol grip I wnat to install, thank you Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-18-2012, 07:58 PM
desertsoldier22

Quote:
Originally Posted by R/T Mag View Post
anyone know ? does the shifter knob unscrew like my 2007 Magnum? I cannot see or find any retaining clip or set screw, I have an sweet Papa John's Pistol grip I wnat to install, thank you Dave

Get a butter knife, wrap the tip with some masking tape.

Take the tip and wedge it between the silver ring beneath the leather portion of the shift knob. Push the ring down, it will pop off and slide down the shift rod.

Use a pair of needle nosed pliers and pull out the retaining clip holding the knob to the rod, pull the knob out after the clip is removed.
#3 Old 06-19-2012, 04:19 PM
R/T Mag

(Thread Starter)
got done thanks!
#4 Old 06-23-2012, 02:22 PM
Senopah

Any idea what size the threads are? 16x1.5?
#5 Old 06-23-2012, 02:24 PM
TheBrokenMarine

I assume you're referencing the manual shift knob...not that massive ugly 8 speed knob.
#6 Old 06-23-2012, 02:26 PM
Senopah

You are correct sir.
#7 Old 06-24-2012, 06:19 AM
R/T Mag

(Thread Starter)
switched mine out, no threada , flat shaft on top
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Interior Discussion/Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List