Electric supercharger! - Dodge Charger Forums
Performance Discussion/Modifications Discuss any performance modification in this section.

#1 Old 05-12-2012, 07:37 AM
Fudge
Supporting Member (Lifetime)

Send a message via AIM to Fudge
(Thread Starter)
Electric supercharger!

Hey guys, I'm not planning on using this, but I was just looking through ebay last night, and found this (link below). And from my previous information I was informed then later found out my self, that the electric superchargers actually hurt performance in big engine like ours because they move less air then what the engine need at WOT. This ad claims to move 800 cfm of air, so my question is, if any one know is this just another way to get people to spend money, on useless stuff, or did the electric super chargers get better in the past few years, and they actually work? I don't have access to a dyno any more, but if I did, I would have tried it on my car!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Electric-SUP...84490181414354

~2013 Mustang GT (Deep Impact Blue)
-2009 Dodge Charger R/T Daytona 364/400 (SOLD ... and missed)

http://www.youtube.com/user/StoneWhiteDaytona

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 05-12-2012, 07:56 AM
Taylor990

I think the only reason they still sell these is because people actually buy them. Anything that goes into the tube would just be impeding airflow. I havent seen the one that plugs into your engine like that but i am 98% sure it would hurt you more than help.

Predator 93 Tune, Jba Shorty Headers, ported and polished lower intake manifold, 71mm ported throttle body, 20 inch staggered machine faced viper replicas, K&N Cold Air intake, RT Honeycomb Grill, Dual red/white AAC halos, Debadged, , 15% front 5% back tint. , Rear spoiler, Danko chin spoiler, Fogs, Flowmaster dual exhaust. probably more I can't think of
#3 Old 05-12-2012, 10:51 AM
KINGCHARGER12

It's an interesting concept but i'm with taylor there's no way this could actually help.
#4 Old 05-12-2012, 01:11 PM
Fudge

(Thread Starter)
That's what I though but I was just wondering if anyone has tried one? And maybe had dyno results?
I know the older versions hurt performance.
For a little Honda if this really moves 800 cfm it may actually help but I HSBC fact to back that up its just my opinion
#5 Old 05-12-2012, 01:16 PM
torred 3.5

I'm getting tired of these threads, I swear this is like the 4th one about this product in the last month... it's not your fault, it's the products... and that people ask about them all the time.

Simple answer:

It won't do ANYTHING for you, except make your wallet lighter.

2008 Dodge// Charger SE Plus 3.5
TORRED exterior. Mods: too many to list.

Charger bought new, 10 minutes from Chrysler headquarters on December 30, 2008.
#6 Old 05-12-2012, 07:26 PM
Fudge

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by torred 3.5 View Post
I'm getting tired of these threads, I swear this is like the 4th one about this product in the last month... it's not your fault, it's the products... and that people ask about them all the time.

Simple answer:

It won't do ANYTHING for you, except make your wallet lighter.
I got that, that was my thought to, and I did see the other treads, I just wondered if anyone actually tried one, to see what the loss really is!
#7 Old 05-12-2012, 07:41 PM
TNCHARGER

Electric is for Prius owners.....get a real man supercharger..

#8 Old 05-12-2012, 07:55 PM
Fudge

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNCHARGER View Post
Electric is for Prius owners.....get a real man supercharger..

I like that!! LOL nice picture!!
#9 Old 05-14-2012, 08:48 AM
Stumblin Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudge View Post
Hey guys, I'm not planning on using this, but I was just looking through ebay last night, and found this (link below). And from my previous information I was informed then later found out my self, that the electric superchargers actually hurt performance in big engine like ours because they move less air then what the engine need at WOT. This ad claims to move 800 cfm of air, so my question is, if any one know is this just another way to get people to spend money, on useless stuff, or did the electric super chargers get better in the past few years, and they actually work? I don't have access to a dyno any more, but if I did, I would have tried it on my car!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Electric-SUPERCHARGER-KIT-3-PSI-900-Watt-Intake-Turbo-Cold-Air-Intake-Jeep-/300704059381?_trksid=p3984.m185&_trkparms=algo%3DP I.WATCH%26itu%3DUA%26otn%3D5%26po%3DLCA%26ps%3D63% 26clkid%3D8364284490181414354

Man...this product just wont die...You should totally buy it, but you should buy four of them and put them in, it'll give you four times the hp and torque

Just your friendly neighborhood...Charger
'08 SXT Bright Silver. Dark slate interior. OEM MOPAR pedals/hood struts/CAI/Chin Spoiler. R/T true dual exhaust w/ Magnaflow tips. SRT8 rear diffuser. Predator 93 Tune. Lots of B.T. Stuff!
Comprehensive V6 Performance Thread
Join the Photoshop/Artist Group! Silver Chargers!!! & Virginia Chargers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Performance Discussion/Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List