2.7L V6 Performance Upgrades... - Dodge Charger Forums
Performance Discussion/Modifications Discuss any performance modification in this section.

#1 Old 06-11-2006, 04:45 PM
Siviog1

(Thread Starter)
2.7L V6 Performance Upgrades...

Can anyone tell me if there are any upgrades available for this vehicle... I know airrade and K&N makes and air intake for the 3.5, but will it work for the 2.7.. Also adding a better exhaust will that help...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-11-2006, 05:15 PM
idontdirveitbutican13

Send a message via AIM to idontdirveitbutican13
Re: 2.7L V6 Performance Upgrades...

where are you getting a 2.7? you can't buy that in a charger, its only for fleet cars.

charger se- magnesium pearl (discont.)
#3 Old 06-11-2006, 05:21 PM
MrScary

Dude dont buy that 2.7 thingy even if you can.. dear unless you are planning on buying on the cheap yanking the whole motor and putting a crate motor in which would actually be a great project..

2006 Midnight Blue R/T Road and Track
Navi
all accessories
and a wing

2002 Trans AM
Navy Metallic Blue
Vortec Supercharger
+ scary things

2006 Pontiac G6 GTP
hehe wifes car
#4 Old 06-11-2006, 06:15 PM
JasonB

no kidding
if nothing else at LEAST put down the 500 or whatever to get the 3.5... the 2.7 is a horrible dog that will get you killed if you ever need to get out of a tight spot fast.

2008 SRT-8 Loaded (ETA 2-? Months)
2007 SRT-8 Base
2005 Magnum r/t -Winter Rollout
1998 Kenworth 575hp Tractor Trailer
#5 Old 06-11-2006, 07:11 PM
Siviog1

(Thread Starter)

I already bought one... Im from Chicago and got it from a Dodge dealer hear... Actually it has great pickup... I had a 3.1v6 Malibu LS and this thing picks up 10 times faster... well I don't know much about performance in cars so tell me if thats somewhat of a comparision... if i do decide to get a crate motor where would i purchase it from and would i need to change the tranny or anything else to do that mod... again if i decide it will be done by a professional...

Still guys this is what i have can I do any mods to it to give it some um***h...
#6 Old 06-11-2006, 07:20 PM
JasonB

Well.
I know there is a jet chip, stages 1 and 2. there is a CAI system, I belive there is an exhast system also.

I'm not to sure about headers yet.

As for anythign else, there is always nos, as for more then that, your waiting along with the 3.5 guys and most of us 5.7 guys, the real mods seem to be taking FOREVER to come out for some reason.

I know there is a turbo kit in the works for the 6's the last I heard was september for a release and a 100-125hp boost.,. but that was no confirmed in any way.. most likly it will be less when its all said and done.

If you go crate go 6.4... 510 hp lol.
But I'm sure you will need to do tranny/driveshaft/rear end/ and who knows what else.. basically figrue out how much it will cost, then multiply that by 2 and you have the final amount
#7 Old 06-11-2006, 11:51 PM
spoonerock

Hello & welcome to the "FUN HOUSE"!

You really do have a rare breed of Charger on your hands, although I would expect to see more and more of them as dealers begin to put more "fleet" vehicles out on the street, and rental car companies rotate stock.

To my knowledge, you may just be the 1st 2.7L owner here, although I think we may have an owner from Canada that has popped in here before. Up there, the 2.7's are more common.

Anyway, the first three (and most available) performance mods out there for the 3.5L engines and the CAI, catback exhaust, and Jet computer module chip. If you do a search, you will find many dozens of threads on these topics. I can say that I have done all three to my SXT, and am very happy with the results for the $$$'s invested.

I can say with the 2.7L engine, that K&N Products does have a CAI for the that engine. It is product #63-1544. IT IS NOT that same part as the one for the 3.5L engine, but looks very similar.

The Jet chip module for the 2.7 is the same as the one for the 3.5 (no difference).

With the exhaust, there are several makes out there (Mopar, Magnaflow, Zoomers, etc.), all have varying levels of price and sound (growl) levels. I haven't seen anything advertised specifically for the 2.7L engine, so you will want to make that you check with those vendors to make SURE that there aren't any connection modifications that need to be done in order to make it fit. If there are differences, you will need to determine if a muffler shop can do some kind of custom adaptor(s) to make it work.

Hope this helps & WELCOME aboard!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Performance Discussion/Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List