Phone connection issues - Dodge Charger Forums
General Charger Discussion General Discussion about the Dodge Charger.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
#1 Old 04-18-2012, 09:10 PM
Tinman93
Senior Member
 
Tinman93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 314
(Thread Starter)
Phone connection issues

I am having trouble getting my phone to connect and stay connected to my radio. I have a Droid Bionic. Sometimes it will connect just fine as I get in and out of the car. Other times, it refuses to connect or stay connected unless I totally restart the phone. It is a pain. Has anyone had similar issues or can anyone offer any insight?

Tinman93
2012 Pitch Black Charger
RT Max AWD
Tinman93 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#2 Old 04-19-2012, 11:03 AM
GMG1411
Senior Member
 
GMG1411's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 963
I never had any issues with my Droid in car, until the most recent O.S. update. Now it seems to connect and disconnect from car bluetooth at will.

Dunno if that's the same issue you're having.

Previous proud owner of a 2006 Daytona R/T in GoManGo #1411
Now a proud Ram1500 owner.
GMG1411 is offline  
#3 Old 04-19-2012, 09:04 PM
Tinman93
Senior Member
 
Tinman93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 314
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMG1411 View Post
I never had any issues with my Droid in car, until the most recent O.S. update. Now it seems to connect and disconnect from car bluetooth at will.

Dunno if that's the same issue you're having.
Pretty much the same issue for me. It's a real PITA. Sometimes it will connect without restarting. Sometimes that won't even work. I love it when it works but get really frustrated messing with it. I am open to suggestions if anyone has any.
Tinman93 is online now  
#4 Old 04-19-2012, 09:56 PM
DigbyAllen
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: White Plains, NY
Posts: 71
I have the same problem. I've gotten into the habit of checking if the phone is connected after I start the car but before shifting out of park. Usually it is paired, but occasionally I have to fool with it. It's annoying but I look at it as just one more thing to double check before driving.
DigbyAllen is offline  
#5 Old 04-20-2012, 05:13 AM
Tinman93
Senior Member
 
Tinman93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 314
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigbyAllen View Post
I have the same problem. I've gotten into the habit of checking if the phone is connected after I start the car but before shifting out of park. Usually it is paired, but occasionally I have to fool with it. It's annoying but I look at it as just one more thing to double check before driving.
What seems to work for you when it is not paired? Mine seems to be getting more difficult to connect.
Tinman93 is online now  
#6 Old 04-20-2012, 11:42 AM
DigbyAllen
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: White Plains, NY
Posts: 71
The last time I took my car to the dealer I mentioned this problem, and they said they have heard of it but couldn't find anything wrong. They did update the firmware to the latest version but I've had problems since then so that wasn't a cure all. The problem is intermittent and I can't figure out the pattern, if there is one.

For the first 2-3 months I owned the car (bought new) it worked perfectly. Then one time after that I was surprised when my phone rang while I was driving but the car didn't pick it up. Of course you can't reconnect the pairing while you're driving, but it might be nice if you had a passenger that they could do it, but it doesn't work that way. You have to be stopped.

What seems to work best for me is I put my phone into discovery mode and then let the Charger find it i.e initiate the pairing from the car. If that doesn't work, then I do the reverse, let the phone find the car. One time I couldn't get anything to work, so I actually deleted the bluetooth entry in both the phone and the car and did the pairing process all over again. I turned off the car after deleting, and before reconnecting the phone. I'm not sure if this is necessary but I thought of it as rebooting the computer and starting up clean.

I've never not been able to connect, but sometimes I have to try a few different things. Knock on wood it's been fine the past couple of weeks but like I said I've gotten into the habit of checking the pairing before shifting into drive so at least I'm not surprised to learn that it's not paired while driving when you can't fix it.
DigbyAllen is offline  
#7 Old 04-20-2012, 11:51 AM
jackyy
Senior Member
 
jackyy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Jackson, TN
Posts: 4,415
Haven't had any problems with my Thunderbolt

07 Crystal Black Pearl R/T w Road & Track, fully loaded, 35% Tint, DEI Hood Scoop, Mopar CAI, Mopar vent shades, Brylcreemed
jackyy is offline  
#8 Old 04-20-2012, 03:37 PM
Tinman93
Senior Member
 
Tinman93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 314
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigbyAllen View Post
The last time I took my car to the dealer I mentioned this problem, and they said they have heard of it but couldn't find anything wrong. They did update the firmware to the latest version but I've had problems since then so that wasn't a cure all. The problem is intermittent and I can't figure out the pattern, if there is one.

For the first 2-3 months I owned the car (bought new) it worked perfectly. Then one time after that I was surprised when my phone rang while I was driving but the car didn't pick it up. Of course you can't reconnect the pairing while you're driving, but it might be nice if you had a passenger that they could do it, but it doesn't work that way. You have to be stopped.

What seems to work best for me is I put my phone into discovery mode and then let the Charger find it i.e initiate the pairing from the car. If that doesn't work, then I do the reverse, let the phone find the car. One time I couldn't get anything to work, so I actually deleted the bluetooth entry in both the phone and the car and did the pairing process all over again. I turned off the car after deleting, and before reconnecting the phone. I'm not sure if this is necessary but I thought of it as rebooting the computer and starting up clean.

I've never not been able to connect, but sometimes I have to try a few different things. Knock on wood it's been fine the past couple of weeks but like I said I've gotten into the habit of checking the pairing before shifting into drive so at least I'm not surprised to learn that it's not paired while driving when you can't fix it.
That's good to know. I didn't realize it wouldn't pair while driving. I think I will delete the device and start over. I was already thinking of the rebooting analogy, so hopefully that will help. Thanks for the tips.
Tinman93 is online now  
#9 Old 04-20-2012, 04:07 PM
SmittyRN
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Cullman, AL
Posts: 91
I'm having issues with my Samsung Galaxy S2; I'm running a custom version of Ice Cream Sandwich on it, and I can't seem to keep it paired right now. It's hard to keep a bead on it, because I've been trying out several different setups on the phone for the past couple of weeks, but today I paired it, and it wouldn't work later. So I deleted it, re-paired it, and it worked fine until I shut the car off; when I came back, same problem. I'm going to spend some time over the next few days trying to figure out what is up. Good to know it isn't just my phone.

2012 Dodge Charger Blacktop
"Black Betty"

SmittyRN is offline  
#10 Old 04-20-2012, 09:19 PM
Tinman93
Senior Member
 
Tinman93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 314
(Thread Starter)
Thanks. If you find a solution let us know.
Tinman93 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > General Charger Discussion

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



User Tag List

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode


Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2011 Steering Wheel Controls Issues EVIC, Uconnect, Phone, Horn jpescalante Charger Problems/Assistance 3 07-14-2011 07:10 AM
AVIC-F700BT bluetooth connection issues Nomad^Phoenix Audio - Alarms - Navigation - Electronics 11 07-29-2009 06:11 PM
Hands Free Phone ISSUES white06r/t Interior Discussion/Modifications 6 10-27-2006 01:25 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome