3.5 to a 3.6? - Dodge Charger Forums
General Charger Discussion General Discussion about the Dodge Charger.

#1 Old 03-11-2012, 05:55 PM
sxt415

(Thread Starter)
3.5 to a 3.6?

Thinking of switching my 3.5 to a 3.6. Was wondering if there is a huge difference. Thought of switching to an rt but payments would be to expensive. Can I get some opinions, thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-11-2012, 06:00 PM
Adeptus

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxt415 View Post
Thinking of switching my 3.5 to a 3.6. Was wondering if there is a huge difference. Thought of switching to an rt but payments would be to expensive. Can I get some opinions, thanks.
My friend has a 3.5 and I have a 3.6, I have driven both and hardly notice a difference. Well now I put in a CIA in mine, i notice a little bit more kick from mine, but totally not a big deal. though the 2011+ has a sexy tail end
#3 Old 03-11-2012, 06:19 PM
Alfisto
Supporting Member (Lifetime)

Don't forget that you can get an 8-speed in the new 3.6's.

2008 Steel Blue Metallic Charger R/T "Baby".

Tinted windows, R1 Concepts drilled and slotted rotors, Russell s/s brake lines, red HEMI overlays, Predator 91CAI tune, body colored washer nozzles, Mopar 11 shifter, honeycomb grill, red R/T logos, 6000K HIDs lows and fogs,Pioneer AVIC-X930BT, JL Audio PowerWedge 12" subwoofer, AFE Stage II CAI, hood struts,Super 44's with ZOOMERS Cannon tips.

#4 Old 03-11-2012, 07:01 PM
torred 3.5

If you're going from V6 to V6, the engine should be one of the last things you consider, I've driven both, the 3.6 is faster, but the growl and sound of the 3.5 makes it feel "faster".

The reasons you should get the new one:

-taillights, IMO, best in the world, nothing can beat them.
-suspension, especially with performance suspension and steering option, it out handles the older gen base r/t's IMO, I've driven both. It also feels planted yet the ride is composed.
-the refinement, something the older gen's were missing, the interior is great in the newer ones.
-sound deadening, the car just feels tighter, better put together and the interior is very calm

Get a hemi if you can, if not, I say go all out and get a 2012 blacktop fully loaded with the 8 speed transmission.

2008 Dodge// Charger SE Plus 3.5
TORRED exterior. Mods: too many to list.

Charger bought new, 10 minutes from Chrysler headquarters on December 30, 2008.
#5 Old 03-11-2012, 08:01 PM
tskatz

Quote:
Originally Posted by torred 3.5 View Post
If you're going from V6 to V6, the engine should be one of the last things you consider, I've driven both, the 3.6 is faster, but the growl and sound of the 3.5 makes it feel "faster".

-suspension, especially with performance suspension and steering option, it out handles the older gen base r/t's IMO, I've driven both. It also feels planted yet the ride is composed.
-the refinement, something the older gen's were missing, the interior is great in the newer ones.
-sound deadening, the car just feels tighter, better put together and the interior is very calm

Get a hemi if you can, if not, I say go all out and get a 2012 blacktop fully loaded with the 8 speed transmission.

Agreed! The Blacktop is an awesome package.

2013 SRT CHALLENGER PLUM CRAZY 6 SPEED
#6 Old 03-11-2012, 09:22 PM
sxt415

(Thread Starter)
Doubt ill get the 2012 most likely looking at a use 2011
#7 Old 03-11-2012, 09:23 PM
NArias24

Send a message via AIM to NArias24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adeptus View Post
My friend has a 3.5 and I have a 3.6, I have driven both and hardly notice a difference. Well now I put in a CIA in mine, i notice a little bit more kick from mine, but totally not a big deal. though the 2011+ has a sexy tail end
Its in your head haha an Intake hurts performance in most cases even K&N intakes, Unless its a true Cold Air Intake which gets air from outside the engine compartment. Otherwise it just makes the engine louder

SOLDMods22"s, Custom Stripes, Window Tint Limo in Backs, 35 in fronts, Removed Ram from Rear,Blue LEDs Under Dash, Blinker Mod, Auto Headlight Mod, Painted Stone White Interior trim, Blue Halos,HIDsNext ModsPredator Chip, CAI, Exhaust.

2002 VW Golf TDI five speed 4 door
#8 Old 03-12-2012, 06:39 AM
michiganpat

Quote:
Originally Posted by torred 3.5 View Post

a fully loaded blacktop or SXT will be more expensive than a base R/T....my 2011 R/T with backup/nav, wheels and tunes group, toxic orange paint, and sunroof was $34k MSRP, I got it brand new for $28k out the door with tax title and license

'11 Toxic Orange Charger R/T
'06 Dodge Grand Caravan
'76 Plymouth Duster
#9 Old 03-12-2012, 12:23 PM
SXT 6

Was at my dealer today they have a 2012 SXT with the 8 speed and nav the sticker price was 30K

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

Blastin bobs B6 kit
Flowmaster 40 muffler
Big Bully CAI
Modern Muscle ported throttle body
Throttle body ground cable
BT oil catch can
Predator tuner on 93 tune & 93 OCT
Aces IV
BND 75w-120 Red gear Lube
BND steering Lube
#10 Old 03-13-2012, 01:45 PM
IBDAGRIZ

No Predator or tuners for the 11's or 12's yet either..

Griz
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > General Charger Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List