This can't be legit?? - Page 3 - Dodge Charger Forums
V6 Specific Discussion This area is for discussion about V6 powered Dodge Chargers.

#21 Old 02-23-2012, 01:24 PM
xkm121

Samoan, you should tell that to 3gpsi

And on a side note. Can u do a comprehensive V6 CAI thread. I am sure people will love it!

Bitten By Mod Bug Again

http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic43010_3.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#22 Old 02-23-2012, 01:50 PM
Stumblin Steve
Supporting Member (Lifetime)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkm121 View Post

And on a side note. Can u do a comprehensive V6 CAI thread. I am sure people will love it!

X2!

I gotta say, I love reading Samoan's posts, very informative.

Just your friendly neighborhood...Charger
'08 SXT Bright Silver. Dark slate interior. OEM MOPAR pedals/hood struts/CAI/Chin Spoiler. R/T true dual exhaust w/ Magnaflow tips. SRT8 rear diffuser. Predator 93 Tune. Lots of B.T. Stuff!
Comprehensive V6 Performance Thread
Join the Photoshop/Artist Group! Silver Chargers!!! & Virginia Chargers
#23 Old 02-23-2012, 01:52 PM
Samoan Tsunami

Quote:

3gpsi is a business person. they are trying to make a sale. nothing wrong with that AT ALL. if what they have is selling, if its not broke then why fix it? many companies do this... even magnaflow... we wanted high flow catted mids....they never produced em, due to "lack of interest". their costs of R&D they didnt feel would make enough profit to overcome the chore. understandable as well.

on most forums, the majority arent interested in performance or learning how things work. sure there are a few, but most have a set it and forget it view or if its not what they wanna hear, they will keep asking till they get what they WANT to hear. then come back and complain about something. remember all the warnings you gave out about a certain companies HIDs or Halos??? it was posted. people didnt listen. then went through the same....all you can say is "i told you so"

i just add my experiences from things and if it helps others, good. if not... oh well.

kinda like the HID's on the LX forums... i'm asking a million questions cause i'm trying to learn before i spend money and possibly waste cash on something.

when one is around cars or anything long enough, you start to see where people get over on others that dont know. its like a local muffler or brake shop taking advantage of a female or guy because they dont know whats supposed to be done as opposed to what really was done.

theres a couple of things im working on, will keep ya up on it...

Why sit around and watch everyone else live YOUR dream?
#24 Old 02-23-2012, 03:54 PM
IBDAGRIZ

I've been running one similar with a K&N filter for 2 years so far..Works well for me..

Griz
#25 Old 03-01-2012, 10:16 AM
dcole302

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBDAGRIZ View Post
I've been running one similar with a K&N filter for 2 years so far..Works well for me..

Griz
Is not having a heat shield an issue? I would be able to find a heat shield by itself?

2009 Stone White SXT.. 30% tine on front/15% percent tint in rear. Moonroof, Mygig, black heated leather. Illuminated cup holders. Added Red painted calipers, Interior LED conversion. Soon to have CAI, Tinted tails, Magnaflow dual exhaust and Predator tuner.. Stay Tuned.
#26 Old 03-01-2012, 10:46 AM
IBDAGRIZ

I saw one where a guy made his own, but I like the idea of running it down thru the hole you have when you remove the old airbox. I have not done that yet, but it is on the scope for the future.
To me, if it is bringing in air from the area under the hood, it is all relatively warm. Heat shield or not..
Griz
#27 Old 03-01-2012, 01:11 PM
Samoan Tsunami

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcole302 View Post
Is not having a heat shield an issue? I would be able to find a heat shield by itself?
its like not wearing socks in your shoes. its not a death defying issue, but the addition of them, helps.

find one? only for the companies that took the time to make an enclosed off sheild in the design.

you could however make one, which isnt hard at all...

just remember, this is common sense, almost EVERY intake company now days are trying to sell you on a COLD air intake as every short ram setup are refered to today... then why they hell would you leave the filter in an open hot area as opposed to a closed off cooler area... even if its only 10-20 degrees cooler, its still cooler. heat sheilds do their jobs. plain and simple.
#28 Old 03-01-2012, 02:18 PM
neonsox
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoan Tsunami View Post
its like not wearing socks in your shoes. its not a death defying issue, but the addition of them, helps.
Deep.
#29 Old 03-03-2012, 07:32 AM
TalonDSM88

Send a message via AIM to TalonDSM88
Quote:
Hell F*UCK NO!

I thought i was the only one!!!!

Yep, a scumbag is a scumbag.
x2
#30 Old 03-03-2012, 03:24 PM
xkm121

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalonDSM88 View Post
x2
another victim of 3gpsi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > V6 Specific Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List