2006 dodge charger front end sounds like old springy bed - Dodge Charger Forums
Wheels/Tires/Brakes/Suspension Discussion about anything involving the wheels, tires, suspension components, etc.

#1 Old 02-12-2012, 02:28 PM
Mother01

(Thread Starter)
2006 dodge charger front end sounds like old springy bed

2006 Dodge Charger 3.5
68,000 miles
I have done the typical oil change and brake jobs but nothing more. This past year I had a lot of front end noises going on with the car , so I took it to the dealer and a second place for opinions they told me tire rods were all bad so I got them all replaced. It cleared up about 60% off the noise. I'm still getting a clunk sound going over bumps on the right side.

I'm also having a second issue , when driving at slow speeds I can hear what sounds like a old bed springs. I only really hear it when coming to a stop it sounds like the front right side. However, sometimes it sounds like its coming from the back but not certain . Also it seems like the weather plays a part in it and I can hear it more in the morning .
I have no warranty so every time I take it to the dealer they charge me $69.99. I'm not good with cars so I apologize if I don't use the right terms.

I'm only home for a little bit before I leave back to base, so I'm trying to get this done for the wife before I leave any help would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-12-2012, 05:52 PM
R/t Ran

may be a squeaky bushing or fitting causing mattress noise

2007 Charger R/T R&T-Sold
2013 Charger R/T R&T w/ Super Track Pack- Current
Space City LX Modern Mopar
#3 Old 02-12-2012, 06:25 PM
1stDodge

#4 Old 02-15-2012, 07:04 PM
r.bouz

This is happening to me also on the front right side. And also only when I go over speed bumps! What do you think is the issue?

Edit: the thread above didnt help either

#5 Old 02-28-2012, 01:02 AM
TopBanana1786

Send a message via MSN to TopBanana1786
Ball joints might need grease? Seeing that they're sealed though, means you need to get a grease needle, and puncture the boots to grease them.
#6 Old 03-07-2012, 10:57 AM
NBx33

i thought it was shocks.. bounce on the car on all corners and see which corner squeaks.

U R NOT E #608 Top Banana R/T Team SkidkidS-Founder - My Cardomain !! View, Vote, Nominate Please!!

LX & BEYOND Best of Show Daily Driver 2 years running. Thanks.

Its best to fail in an attempt to be original then succeed in following somone's footsteps.
-Herman Moore
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Wheels/Tires/Brakes/Suspension

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List