Blue Top Solenoids....my take on 'em - Dodge Charger Forums
Are you interested in the Dodge Challenger? Visit the Challenger Forum @ ChallengerTalk.com for your Dodge Challenger information!

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Performance Discussion/Modifications

ChargerForums.com is the premier Dodge Charger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 02-04-2012, 02:49 PM
Lifetime Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to PlumCrazyDaytona Send a message via Yahoo to PlumCrazyDaytona
Blue Top Solenoids....my take on 'em

First let me start with saying this mod is not for everyone! I repeat it is not for everyone

So now that I have been driving the car for three hours in traffic, in the country on the highway and around town......This is a mod you know is there. During normal driving the shifts are not harsh but happen very quick and so do the downshifts which are very noticeable. When braking hard, the transmission downshifts to aid in braking.....well with the blue tops the downshifts really help with the braking. On ice and snow a panic brake situation will most likely cause the rear to lock up and slide out. It will even do this on wet roads, I know this for a fact. However this extra firm downshift does seem to really help with braking this is a plus in the summer I am guessing

Okay now the fun stuff, when you put the car in gear it doesnt slide into gear it lunges the entire car into gear. There is no gentle engagement here it is solid and the car will try and pull through the brakes when it engages, it does this in both drive and reverse. Also the engagement into drive from reverse and vice versa seems to be much quicker I never timed it but this was one thing that drove me insane about this transmission, that is the delay from drive to reverse and back. This is gone.

Under WOT the shifts are very quick and firm. To be honest I dont think they are any firmer than before but then again with wet pavement I wasnt really able to test this. But the speed of the shifts is much quicker, this is something you hear more than feel. Under moderate acceleration the shifts are again very quick and firm. If you drive aggressive like me or I should say accelerate aggressively compared to the traffic around you....you will notice firmer shifts during your daily drive, this is way better than the predator setting

All in all I am very happy with this less than $370 mod. I think winter driving will be a little more tricky, but then again it will force me to slow down and leave plenty of space ahead of me knowing that the downshifts are very firm
6.1 Intake manifold,SRT MAX cam on 112lsa, CNC Inertia Heads milled,mopar TCM,blue tops, 3000 Edge converter 3.91 Getrag, Kooks LongTubes, catless mids and SLP Loud Mouth II, powerbond undrive pulley, 170 tstat, , R1 crossdrilled/slotted rotors, HAWK Pads,eibach lowering springs,dampners,sways mopar strut braces, razors edge sub frame connectors #157 of 1400 ACES IV Quantum Blue Lubricants PB 1/4 12.38@110.66
http://s182.photobucket.com/albums/x...2-12-13-01.mp4
http://s182.photobucket.com/albums/x...=VIDEO0010.mp4
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2012, 09:29 PM

Where did you buy the solenoids?
2008 R/T Volant CAI, Gibson Exhaust, AAC Colorshift 2.0 Halos, Oracle 35 watt HID Conversion Kit with 8k bulbs, Body color tinted side markers, Painted headlight housings, DMH Cutouts, BC Coilovers, Staggered Dub Drone 20s, Predator 89 tune, Black Painted Brake Calipers, BT Catch Can, Meow-Free Mids, Danko Deep Dish upper and lower grilles, Danko Chin Spoiler, OEM SRT8 Hood with blended washer nozzles, 2 12" JL W3v3 2ohm subwoofers at 1,000 watts RMS in custom fiberglass side enclosures wrapped in vinyl which matches my leather with body color trim rings
Old 10-19-2012, 10:52 AM

This thing sounds awesome. I live in Seattle where it rains 9 months out of the year. Do you think this will potentially be a horrible mod to have? I still have stock tires and they already have a hard time keeping traction with my current mods and the way I drive.

Mods are all bolt-ons for now. I'll update when I get soemthing significant.
Old 10-19-2012, 08:53 PM

How was the install?

2006 Charger R/T
- Carbon Fiber LMI Hammer Intake - Boss 22's - Blastin' Bobs 7db Reso Delete - Tranzformer Shift Kit - K&N CAI - DiabloSport - inTune CAI Tune - BT Catch Can - Tinted Marker's - 10000K HID - Halo & LED Headlights - CF Vinyl Dash & Door Pillar Overlay
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Performance Discussion/Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.