Headlights - Dodge Charger Forums
Are you interested in the Dodge Challenger? Visit the Challenger Forum @ ChallengerTalk.com for your Dodge Challenger information!

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Exterior Discussion/Modifications

Exterior Discussion/Modifications Discussion of exterior modifications belongs in this section, even if the visual modification slightly affects performance (ie. spoilers, etc)

ChargerForums.com is the premier Dodge Charger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-29-2012, 09:11 AM

Headlights

Hey guys I have a stupid question for you...been looking for some headlights for my 2007 Charger, I see the stock bulbs are 9005 & 9006XS, straight base. EVERY auto parts store or even HID kits don't show either bulb with a straight base.

With all that said does it make a difference if it hasna straight base or not?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2012, 08:31 PM

Send a message via AIM to Vito
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yates004 View Post
Hey guys I have a stupid question for you...been looking for some headlights for my 2007 Charger, I see the stock bulbs are 9005 & 9006XS, straight base. EVERY auto parts store or even HID kits don't show either bulb with a straight base.

With all that said does it make a difference if it hasna straight base or not?
Well i dont know exactly what a "Straight base" is but i can assure you that a 9006 with fit the Lo beam and H10 will fit the Foglights. period.

go over to DDMtuning.com and get your self some HID's, 9006 for the LOs and H10 for the fogs, make sure to get the error code elminiators (15.00) from them also, or else your HIDS wont be performing the way you want them to

I really Hate Mustangs, Especially Cobras
True||Street||Cars
1000+ RWHP Twin Turbo SRT-8 In The Making
Old 01-29-2012, 08:55 PM

Yes it makes a difference. The tunnel leading to the headlight bulb will not accommodate a 90 degree base.
Old 01-29-2012, 11:42 PM

Send a message via AIM to alegav Send a message via MSN to alegav Send a message via Yahoo to alegav
9006 for lows and 9145 for fogs, just checked

Old 01-30-2012, 01:27 AM

9145 and h10 are the same bulb just to avoid any confusion

2007 Road & Track
Show: Universal Air System-Grip Front End-22" Wheels-8000k Hids-Hood Struts-20% Tint-Demolded-Rear Wing Delete-Charger Script Emblem-Interior L.E.D.S.-Painted 09 Tails-Flashtech UV Halos-Roof Spoiler-Trufiber 1" Cowl Hood-BT Honey Dipper Shifter-KenWood In-Dash-"FC Stripe"-Danko Single Tooth Rear Diffuser
Go: Mopar Cold Air Intake-Predator Tuned-180 T-Stat-JBA Hi-Flo Cats-Magnaflow Exhaust
Old 01-31-2012, 07:06 PM

Any place I've gone does not carry the straight base. I'm assuming this is a dealer or online order only. I wanted to do something brighter, they bust balls in New Hampshire come inspection time, when you install HIDs in a stock housing. Troopers around here eat that up, only doing there job though!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Exterior Discussion/Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.