SLP Loudmouth 1 VS Loudmouth 2 - Dodge Charger Forums
Are you interested in the Dodge Challenger? Visit the Challenger Forum @ ChallengerTalk.com for your Dodge Challenger information!

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Performance Discussion/Modifications

Performance Discussion/Modifications Discuss any performance modification in this section.

ChargerForums.com is the premier Dodge Charger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-23-2012, 04:37 PM

Thumbs up SLP Loudmouth 1 VS Loudmouth 2

I'm in the market for an exhaust. I'm sold on SLP but can't really decide between Loudmouth 1 and Loudmouth 2. I've read that LM1 is a bit louder, but comes with a little more drone than LM2. Can anyone confirm or deny this? I've did research searching on the forums but I didn't really find what I was looking for. I'm looking for an exhaust that isn't obnoxiously loud when just cruising but can turn heads when I jump on it. When I say obnoxiously loud, I mean that stupid ricer sound some cars have.

So who has either exhaust and can tell me what they know and what they would recommend? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2012, 04:44 PM

I used to have The lm1 and its pretty damn loud, drone is pretty crazy on it too, its pretty much like in your face raspy loud. I ended up getting rid of it. Im starting to hear a lot of good things about the lm2s. I also heard that they don't have that much drone. They're more like a deep rumble.

2007 Road & Track
Show: Universal Air System-Grip Front End-22" Wheels-8000k Hids-Hood Struts-20% Tint-Demolded-Rear Wing Delete-Charger Script Emblem-Interior L.E.D.S.-Painted 09 Tails-Flashtech UV Halos-Roof Spoiler-Trufiber 1" Cowl Hood-BT Honey Dipper Shifter-KenWood In-Dash-"FC Stripe"-Danko Single Tooth Rear Diffuser
Go: Mopar Cold Air Intake-Predator Tuned-180 T-Stat-JBA Hi-Flo Cats-Magnaflow Exhaust

Last edited by FinallyCharged; 01-23-2012 at 04:47 PM.
Old 01-23-2012, 05:00 PM
Supporting Member (Lifetime)
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Charger: 2006 SRT8
Send a message via AIM to InvictuSRT8
LM1's are just gonna have that gnarly no-tone, just raspy noise. The LM2's are going to be a bit quieter and have a little bit more tone. I've heard both setups - pretty much back to back - on the same car, and the tone(or lack there of)/ overall sound is so similar I would say you might as well just go with the LM1's for the extra volume.

If you're getting a loud exhaust you're going to have drone, period. If you're looking for something with more tone and a good rich tone at idle look at other kits like the JBA's.
Old 01-23-2012, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InvictuSRT8 View Post
LM1's are just gonna have that gnarly no-tone, just raspy noise. The LM2's are going to be a bit quieter and have a little bit more tone. I've heard both setups - pretty much back to back - on the same car, and the tone(or lack there of)/ overall sound is so similar I would say you might as well just go with the LM1's for the extra volume.

If you're getting a loud exhaust you're going to have drone, period. If you're looking for something with more tone and a good rich tone at idle look at other kits like the JBA's.
I've heard good things about the JBA exhausts as well. Didn't do much research on that one. I'll do that right now!

I heard that for the LM2, if you have your radio on 13-14 (which is normal for me,) you don't hear the drone at all. Which will work for me. I can definitely deal with that!
Old 01-23-2012, 05:48 PM

My Charger: 2011 R/T Plus
I am going SLP I from the looks of it..I have listened to so many sound clips in the last couple of weeks.

"They Were Just Jealous That My Charger Pulled More Kitties Than A Bowl Of Milk"
Old 01-23-2012, 10:10 PM

I emailed SLP cause I was considering them! They did admit that there is drone on both exhaust systems. The LM2 was obviously less drone! I liked their sound also and the Price for the exhaust. After doing some research I am leaning to the Corsa exhaust. From what I heard they have minimal interior drone practically none..But of course the price for the Corsa is much more then SLP! I don't want much drone cause not only is my Charger my toy but an occasional Family transport car and on a trip i would hate to hear that drone the whole drive!!!
Old 01-23-2012, 11:55 PM
Supporting Member (Lifetime)
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Charger: 2006 SRT8
Send a message via AIM to InvictuSRT8
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTrem13 View Post
I've heard good things about the JBA exhausts as well. Didn't do much research on that one. I'll do that right now!

I heard that for the LM2, if you have your radio on 13-14 (which is normal for me,) you don't hear the drone at all. Which will work for me. I can definitely deal with that!
check out my youtube page (link in sig), I have clips of both the LM1's and JBA's on there
Old 01-24-2012, 08:11 AM

I have the LM2 and it definitely has a deeper tone than the LM1, and once the exhaust breaks in, the drone is rather unnoticable... Unless I'm stepping on it hard, my girlfriend and I can easily talk in the car regardless of speed... Road tripped as well and we didn't notice it that much.

Now that said, the first 500 miles or so are a bit loud and the drone can be aggravating, but like I said, once it breaks in, its not that noticable. Heck, even when I have a migrane, the drone doesn't bother it that much.
Old 01-24-2012, 09:57 AM

My Charger: 2011 R/T Plus
No resonators = drone for the most part. Unless as some have mentioned you turn off the MDS or drive in autostick mode to elimate some of it.
Old 01-24-2012, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark83 View Post
I have the LM2 and it definitely has a deeper tone than the LM1, and once the exhaust breaks in, the drone is rather unnoticable... Unless I'm stepping on it hard, my girlfriend and I can easily talk in the car regardless of speed... Road tripped as well and we didn't notice it that much.

Now that said, the first 500 miles or so are a bit loud and the drone can be aggravating, but like I said, once it breaks in, its not that noticable. Heck, even when I have a migrane, the drone doesn't bother it that much.
What year is your charger
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Performance Discussion/Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.