Seat belt chime / push to start ignition bypass - Dodge Charger Forums
Are you interested in the Dodge Challenger? Visit the Challenger Forum @ ChallengerTalk.com for your Dodge Challenger information!

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > General Charger Discussion

General Charger Discussion General Discussion about the Dodge Charger.

ChargerForums.com is the premier Dodge Charger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-17-2012, 12:20 PM

Seat belt chime / push to start ignition bypass

I understand this has been answered for traditional key ignitions, but I cant find the answer for the "Push to start" ignition to turn off the seatbelt chime. The owners manual states the dealer has to do it. I just got a 2012 R/T, I know someone here has to know the answer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2012, 11:30 AM

Sweet

Sweet, it worked. thnx
Old 05-08-2012, 10:31 PM

How did you cut it off....that chime is driving me nuts!!!
Old 05-09-2012, 03:43 PM

why dont you just wear your seat belt instead?

Performance: Borla Cat-Back Exhaust, K&N CAI, BT Catch Can, ds intune CAI 91 octane tune, 180 T stat

Appearance:15% tint, HID Headlights, stripe Kit, LED Taillights, Anzo Headlights w/Halos tinted side markers, T-rex black mesh grille, 20" flat black rims
Old 05-09-2012, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadoWarrior View Post
I understand this has been answered for traditional key ignitions, but I cant find the answer for the "Push to start" ignition to turn off the seatbelt chime. The owners manual states the dealer has to do it. I just got a 2012 R/T, I know someone here has to know the answer.
Try this it will work.

While sitting in the car with the doors shut and key with you, press the engine start button so its on RUN but don't start the car. Make sure the seatbelt is already buckled before starting this. Once the ignition is on RUN, unclick and re-click the seatbelt about 5-6 times. On the last one, leave it buckled. Now press the button so the ignition is off, and it should chime.

It will still display the seatbelt is unbuckled on the information display but there is no chime.
Old 05-09-2012, 08:50 PM

Or you could just wear your seat belt like the law says. They are here for a reason, to protect and save your life. Just my 2 cents though.
2013: SRT8 Charger: Tinted Windows
Old 05-09-2012, 10:56 PM

Thanks for this, I was trying to figure it out myself.

And to those who want to know why I would want to turn it off, it's because I don't need a reminder. I've been been wearing a seat belt religiously for 30 years. But when I run back and forth to my parents house, 3 blocks over in our cul-de-sac, I don't worry about the belt. No one could get up to 20 miles an hour on the section between our houses, even if they tried. Other than that, my belt is on. Of course, that's just me.

In some states, it's legal to ride a motorcycle without a helmet, but it's not legal for someone to be stupid enough to drive around without a seatbelt. Go figure.

Old 05-10-2012, 03:14 AM

Thank You Mcharger for a straight direct answer....and to all the other comments made, I do wear my seatbelt, but I also believe in freedom of choice...And Big Brother isnt the way I live my life
Old 05-10-2012, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo1 View Post
Thank You Mcharger for a straight direct answer....and to all the other comments made, I do wear my seatbelt, but I also believe in freedom of choice...And Big Brother isnt the way I live my life
Your welcome Polo. I disabled mine for the same reason as Smitty. I don't want to belt myself in for just going around the corner to visit friends with the chime going off like crazy.
Old 05-10-2012, 10:50 AM

I won't drive even half a block without my seat belt on, but I think I'll use this tip anyway. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > General Charger Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.