3.5L SXT Burnout? - Dodge Charger Forums
Are you interested in the Dodge Challenger? Visit the Challenger Forum @ ChallengerTalk.com for your Dodge Challenger information!

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > V6 Specific Discussion

ChargerForums.com is the premier Dodge Charger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-14-2012, 11:21 PM

3.5L SXT Burnout?

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone with a stock 3.5L HO V6 Charger has had any luck doing a burnout. I have a stock 2010 SXT and have tried (unsuccessfully) on a few occasions to burnout in it. I only want to be able to burnout every now and then because I do not want to mess up my transmission and/or other mechanical components. I have tried the brake and gas technique, the dump it into drive from neutral technique a.k.a. The dumbest and easiest way to screw up the tranny technique, and I have even been so desperate as to hit the gas while turning in a circle (this led to a litle smoke and barely viable tread marks on tue pavement). On top of this I have tried everything to unsuccessfully turn off the traction control. I have pretty much done everything short of buying computer chips and mods to burnout. I don't have the $$$ for mods and my car is a daily driver so I don't wanna invalidate my warranty by dropping mods on the engine. Can anyone please show me the secret to burning out in a bone stock 2010 Dodge Charger SXT 3.5L High Output lol!? (And please, don't reply if u have tons of mods in your car or if u have the Holy Hemi)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2012, 11:30 PM
Lifetime Supporting Member

turn off the traction control, throw it in drive let it roll then without hitting the brakes turn the key and hold it for like 15 seconds, i don't really remember how long and that should turn off the traction control completely.

if it's really how out side then you won't be able to do it.
2008 SXT Brilliant Black - OEM SRT8 hood, Flowmasters 44s mufflers with a Magnflow X pipe on an RT exhaust, AFE II CAI, astra hammond aluminum louvers, SRT Honeycomb grill with chrome delete and colour matched, De-badged, 20% all around tint, HID HEADLIGHTS projecors HID Fogs, SRT8 Diffuser, Daytona colour matched spoiler, 91 Octane tune, tinted and colour matched tail lights. Red Anodized Billet tech catch can and dip stick. HID back up lights. Daytona chin spoiler. FlashTech LED headlights and taillights halo's.

"The strongest fire makes the hardest steel"
Old 01-14-2012, 11:51 PM

Alright so all u need to so is hit the traction control button and make sure it's off. Then I start driving and then turn the key to the off position and then turn the car back on to completely disable the TCM?
Old 01-14-2012, 11:53 PM

no as the car is rolling, turn the key to the crank position, the radio and lights will go off then you'll hear a chime
2008 SXT Brilliant Black - OEM SRT8 hood, Flowmasters 44s mufflers with a Magnflow X pipe on an RT exhaust, AFE II CAI, astra hammond aluminum louvers, SRT Honeycomb grill with chrome delete and colour matched, De-badged, 20% all around tint, HID HEADLIGHTS projecors HID Fogs, SRT8 Diffuser, Daytona colour matched spoiler, 91 Octane tune, tinted and colour matched tail lights. Red Anodized Billet tech catch can and dip stick. HID back up lights. Daytona chin spoiler. FlashTech LED headlights and taillights halo's.

"The strongest fire makes the hardest steel"
Old 01-15-2012, 12:07 AM

Alright then after that do I just go from crank to start or do I turn the car off? Also how can I re-engage the TCM after I am done?
Old 01-15-2012, 04:20 PM

You have be driving between 15-20km, turn the key as if you were going to turn the car on, after about 4-5 seconds the radio will go off, you will here a ding and your traction control will be completely disabled.. The car will still be running, and the only way to turn the traction control back on is by turning the car off. Once you restart the engine it will be re engaged.

2010 Dodge Charger SXT [Dark Titanium]
Modifications: Mopar Cold Air Intake, Predator 91 Octane Tune
- Chief Tragedy
Old 01-15-2012, 04:38 PM

My Charger: 2010 Charger R/T
Neutral drops are a very, very BAD thing.

Type of pavement plays a huge role in doing a burnout with a 3.5L

The smoother, the better, smooth concrete being the best, rough blacktop being about the worst.

2010 R/T DWBlue, 2800 PI stall, Homemade CAI, JBA headers and mids, SLP LMII catback, Custom tune by Diablotoona, 180 T-stat, 3.06 Getrag.
Old 01-15-2012, 05:39 PM

@Cheif Tragedy-Once I hear the ding signaling that the TCM is off do I turn the key back to cut the engine on? (I know a lot of my questions sound dumb and rhetorical but again I don't want to mess my car up and have the dealership screw me over by invalidating my warranty because I did something) Thanks again for all the info guys!
Old 01-15-2012, 06:16 PM

My Charger: 2010 Charger R/T
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCS(813/727) View Post
@Cheif Tragedy-Once I hear the ding signaling that the TCM is off do I turn the key back to cut the engine on? (I know a lot of my questions sound dumb and rhetorical but again I don't want to mess my car up and have the dealership screw me over by invalidating my warranty because I did something) Thanks again for all the info guys!

While driving above 10mph, turn the key to the "start" position, it'll seem like you really screwed up, the lights will go out, then come back on, chimes will be dinging, and most of your warning lights will be on.

You just turn it for a few seconds, when the lights go out/flash, just let go of the key, as when starting the car.

Your ESP and BAS lights will be on.

When you shut off and restart the car, all will be back to normal, no worries

Be aware, when you do this, all safety functions are OFF! Not a good way to drive around town on a daily basis, or while pushing the limits.

2010 R/T DWBlue, 2800 PI stall, Homemade CAI, JBA headers and mids, SLP LMII catback, Custom tune by Diablotoona, 180 T-stat, 3.06 Getrag.
Old 01-15-2012, 07:10 PM

Alright cool. I'll give it a shot and try it tomorrow. Hopefully I can finally hit one burnout lol!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > V6 Specific Discussion

Tags
2010 sxt, 3.5l, burnout, high output, sxt

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.