Started the Matte Black DIY Vinyl Wrap. Pics and write ups. - Dodge Charger Forums
Exterior Discussion/Modifications Discussion of exterior modifications belongs in this section, even if the visual modification slightly affects performance (ie. spoilers, etc)

#1 Old 12-23-2011, 12:38 PM
r.bouz

(Thread Starter)
Started the Matte Black DIY Vinyl Wrap. Pics and write ups.

Hello everyone,

if you havent heard, i was planning a while ago to make the car matte black, you can check out the thread here

http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/...101&highlight=

Now me and my bestfriend started doing it 2 days ago and we are almost 100% finished, we have the trunk lid, 2 front doors, hood and roof done so far.

today we will be doing the two back doors. i will be posting a bunch of pics and before and after shots once i get back from work.

stay subscribed as i will be updating this thread daily! its turning out really REALLY nice and it wasnt as hard as we thought it would be. the only difficult thing we think is going to be is the front bumper (because of all the curves, for example getting in near the fog lights)

The car is looking sleek. i cant WAIT.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-23-2011, 04:29 PM
Taylor990

So excited to see how this turns out. Great idea man. What would you say the difficulty would be 1-10? I wouldn't pay someone tons to do this if I could myself. Looking forward to pics!

Predator 93 Tune, Jba Shorty Headers, ported and polished lower intake manifold, 71mm ported throttle body, 20 inch staggered machine faced viper replicas, K&N Cold Air intake, RT Honeycomb Grill, Dual red/white AAC halos, Debadged, , 15% front 5% back tint. , Rear spoiler, Danko chin spoiler, Fogs, Flowmaster dual exhaust. probably more I can't think of
#3 Old 12-23-2011, 04:41 PM
Hailey_R

Can't wait to see! That's quite a transformation.

"The *****" 2008 Brilliant Black Charger SE 2.7L

CAI, Cherry Bomb dual exhaust w/ 4" tips, two-tone 20" SRT Challengers, 20% tint all-around, red interior LEDs, with a case of red "PD-itis".
#4 Old 12-23-2011, 05:00 PM
Alfisto
Supporting Member (Lifetime)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hailey_R View Post
Can't wait to see! That's quite a transformation.
x2 With those black wheels it will look awesome.

2008 Steel Blue Metallic Charger R/T "Baby".

Tinted windows, R1 Concepts drilled and slotted rotors, Russell s/s brake lines, red HEMI overlays, Predator 91CAI tune, body colored washer nozzles, Mopar 11 shifter, honeycomb grill, red R/T logos, 6000K HIDs lows and fogs,Pioneer AVIC-X930BT, JL Audio PowerWedge 12" subwoofer, AFE Stage II CAI, hood struts,Super 44's with ZOOMERS Cannon tips.

#5 Old 12-23-2011, 06:07 PM
r.bouz

(Thread Starter)
the difficulty i would rate on 8 on 10, 10 being hard.. installing a CAI would be a 4 for example.

the car is looking REALLY REALLY good so far. i know im teasing you guys cause im not showing you any pictures but im still at work. the process will take anywhere from 1-4 days. you just NEED paitence. for example we had to redo the roof twice because there was a couple of marks on the vinyl, but over all its going to be SICK when its done. ill see if i can upload some pics now.
#6 Old 12-23-2011, 06:21 PM
r.bouz

(Thread Starter)
this is when we finished the hood, and started trimming the roof

this is when we finished the hood, roof, and trunk lid, i was so happy i was able to get rid of the stupid looking spoiler, i actually hate that thing.

this is what im most excited for:

BC racing coilovers and eibach front sway bar !

the car will look mean, and handle like a stealth bomber, im so excited. more pictures will be uploaded later! ENJOY
#7 Old 12-23-2011, 06:25 PM
r.bouz

(Thread Starter)
in the mean time this is what im stuck driving around looking like

you guys can only imagine what itll look like when its done.
#8 Old 12-24-2011, 04:49 AM
Hriv

Im jealous, You have snow on the ground...

Current: Blaze Red 2008 Charger R/T
Previous: Steel Blue 2008 Charger SE. Traded in and missed.

U.S. Army 15F Aircraft Electrician
South Korea: '07-'08. Iraq: '08-'09. Afghanistan: '10-'11 and '13-'14. And No More To Come

#9 Old 12-24-2011, 07:29 AM
lowriderman3

Oh how that is looking sweet!

"They Were Just Jealous That My Charger Pulled More Kitties Than A Bowl Of Milk"
#10 Old 12-24-2011, 07:31 AM
Derrikd

that looks awesome so far, great work.

2012 Charger SRT8 Black
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Exterior Discussion/Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List