Sequential Turn signals!! - Dodge Charger Forums
Are you interested in the Dodge Challenger? Visit the Challenger Forum @ ChallengerTalk.com for your Dodge Challenger information!

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Audio - Alarms - Navigation - Electronics

Audio - Alarms - Navigation - Electronics Member discussions about Charger audio, alarm and navigation systems and other electronics take place here

ChargerForums.com is the premier Dodge Charger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12-16-2011, 09:28 PM
Supporting Member (Lifetime)
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Charger: 2013 Mustang GT
Send a message via AIM to Fudge
Cool Sequential Turn signals!!

Just bought a set of sequential turn signals, and ran into a few issues, just wondering if any one else had these problems, and if there is any advice?
1.) the plug sockets don't fit my lights (stock lights)
2.) the flash is so close one to another, that it seems as if they are going off at the same time.
Thanx in advance for any input!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2011, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudge View Post
Just bought a set of sequential turn signals, and ran into a few issues, just wondering if any one else had these problems, and if there is any advice?
1.) the plug sockets don't fit my lights (stock lights)
2.) the flash is so close one to another, that it seems as if they are going off at the same time.
Thanx in advance for any input!
I'm assuming you bought them from Web Electric Products?
Did you buy the right version for your year Charger?
ShowMods: JVC Headunit w/ Kicker sub; DDM tuning 5000k HID Lows & fogs; 2008 Taillight housing swap w/ Flashtech halos; Flashtech RGB grill lights; All Oracle LED interior w/ green floorwells; Webelectric sequential taillights; Debadged & retro rebadged; Custom Billet nose emblem; Mopar SRT diffuser/front spoiler/honeycomb grill/hood struts; Weathertech floormats; Putco visors; That's just to name a few...
Old 12-18-2011, 07:52 AM

Yes and yes!
I bought a kit here, on this forum, and member was selling only to find out it was for the 06-08 chargers, and I have a 2009, so I went to the webelectric website, and ordered the kit I needed directly from them.
The socket looks the same, but when you go to but it into the light bucket one of the tabs, is off by about 1/16th of an inch or so, basically enough to not go in.
I'm also missing some caps, that are supposed to be included, according to the instructions, so I'm wondering if maybe they were busy during this crazy holiday time, and sent me the wrong kit, tried calling, and left a message, guess we'll see what they say.
Just thought I'd ask see if any one else had this same issue!

http://www.youtube.com/user/StoneWhiteDaytona

Old 12-18-2011, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Yes and yes!
I bought a kit here, on this forum, and member was selling only to find out it was for the 06-08 chargers, and I have a 2009, so I went to the webelectric website, and ordered the kit I needed directly from them.
The socket looks the same, but when you go to but it into the light bucket one of the tabs, is off by about 1/16th of an inch or so, basically enough to not go in.
I'm also missing some caps, that are supposed to be included, according to the instructions, so I'm wondering if maybe they were busy during this crazy holiday time, and sent me the wrong kit, tried calling, and left a message, guess we'll see what they say.
Just thought I'd ask see if any one else had this same issue!
That is strange.. I know that my kit includes two harnesses, two bulb sockets, two caps, and a phone cable.
I spoke with Lawrence there at Web Electric when I ordered mine and he was very helpful with my issue. He should be giving you a call back, just let him know what you are missing and the problem you are having.
Wish I could be more help, but my signals will be a Christmas present, so I haven't installed them yet. Hopefully I can be more help once I install my set.
Old 12-18-2011, 03:55 PM

No problem, LMK When you go install them, I did get 2 wired sockets, 2 harnesses, and a phone cable for mine, the caps are missing, and the sockets are just a bit off, I call Friday night so I wasn't expecting a call back till Monday, but figured in the mean I'd ask see if anyone else had the same issue, and maybe there was a quick fix, so I wouldn't have to bother the seller with my issues!
Old 12-25-2011, 07:46 PM

Quote:
No problem, LMK When you go install them, I did get 2 wired sockets, 2 harnesses, and a phone cable for mine, the caps are missing, and the sockets are just a bit off, I call Friday night so I wasn't expecting a call back till Monday, but figured in the mean I'd ask see if anyone else had the same issue, and maybe there was a quick fix, so I wouldn't have to bother the seller with my issues!
Okay so I installed them today and I see what you are saying about the socket. You actually have to insert the socket sideways partially, twist, and then the other tabs slip into place. It was a little off on mine as well but if you do that, it will go in. As for the caps, i wouldn't say they are required, but I'm sure they would send you some replacements if you asked.
Old 12-25-2011, 07:56 PM

It was all taken care of, I got the caps, and the new sockets, the sockets I was sent were actually the wrong ones, when I called, he sent me 2 caps, and 2 new sockets, which went in perfectly, kinda snug, but they went in, I sent them the wrong sockets back, over all I am actually happy with the customer service!!
I ended up using the phone cable in the middle, for the sequential turn signals only, did you?
Old 12-25-2011, 07:58 PM

Quote:
It was all taken care of, I got the caps, and the new sockets, the sockets I was sent were actually the wrong ones, when I called, he sent me 2 caps, and 2 new sockets, which went in perfectly, kinda snug, but they went in, I sent them the wrong sockets back, over all I am actually happy with the customer service!!
I ended up using the phone cable in the middle, for the sequential turn signals only, did you?
Awesome! I was really pleased with the buying experience as well.
Well no not at the moment. I liked the brake sequence. Wanted to get as much out of that $100 as possible.
What I actually did is modify the harnesses and install load resistors so that I could use LEDs as the brake lights and not damage the stock wiring. All in all, it turned out very well.
Old 12-25-2011, 08:17 PM

I see from your signature list you got the switch back lights installed in your car, I wanna do that but don't wanna cut my wiring to install the load resistors!
how did you you do your, is there a way around that?
Old 12-25-2011, 08:24 PM

Quote:
I see from your signature list you got the switch back lights installed in your car, I wanna do that but don't wanna cut my wiring to install the load resistors!
how did you you do your, is there a way around that?
Well if you were to get them from Ebay as I did, they should come with some wire taps that don't actually cut the wire. When I first installed them this morning I was stupid and cut a stock wire thinking that, but in actuality, you can splice them across instead of cutting completely. As for avoiding wire modification altogether, I couldn't find a way. The plus side is that you the turn signal is actually on it's own harness with the corner lights that could be replaced were something to go horribly wrong.
On a side note, I love the switchbacks themselves. The match my HIDs almost perfectly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Audio - Alarms - Navigation - Electronics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.