2012 Uconnect 8.4N Not Displaying Album Artwork - Page 2 - Dodge Charger Forums
Are you interested in the Dodge Challenger? Visit the Challenger Forum @ ChallengerTalk.com for your Dodge Challenger information!

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Audio - Alarms - Navigation - Electronics

Audio - Alarms - Navigation - Electronics Member discussions about Charger audio, alarm and navigation systems and other electronics take place here

ChargerForums.com is the premier Dodge Charger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12-09-2011, 03:52 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to buysellny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepidusa View Post
BUYSELLNY: I have to give my thanks to you and the folks at MP3Tag! After playing around for another hour changing all of the data on some songs to make sure they were accurate, and actually finding a site that queries Gracenote for lyrics and finding that the songs I was trying to work on (and their albums) did not exist on the site, I searched and downloaded MP3Tag to give it a shot...and I have successfully gotten all 183 tunes currently on my SD Card to display the artwork correctly! I even got the correct artwork to now display in iTunes as well. to you!!!

I used MP3Tag to edit the files as they sat in the directory where iTunes put them (.../My Music/iTunes/iTunes Music) then went back to iTunes and clicked on each one and selected "get album artwork" and they showed, then I transferred the full contents of the /iTunes Music directory to my SD Card and they worked! Yes the use of MP3Tag makes for a little work, but if you get good sources of album images and save them locally you can reuse them in the future.

I found that AC/DC is an artist that there is almost no artwork in Gracenote, not sure why that is but iTunes shows none of the artwork unless you import a CD of their music directly. My opinion now is that Gracenote officially SUCKS and the only good reason it is part of the 8.4n is that otherwise we would note be able to show artwork at all.

Thats great! Glad I could help.. I actually gave up on doing it.. Until I read what you did here I have some new ideas.. My music is across multiple plaatforms and so corrupted are the tags that I have to manually edit each song in some cases. I am going to see if there is an upgrade you can buy for MP3tag.. I dont work for them either lol.. The software works.

2011 Toxic Orange - HEMI 5.7L Charger R/T AWD -factory sunroof, katzkin leather Installed, TSW Carthage Model Black/Chrome Accent 19" Wheels, 20% Tint ( I want a Supercharger and Black Stripes!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2011, 07:57 PM

MP3tag is an awesome program. I found out that that album art I thought was there, wasn't. What I did discover trying to resolve this....and yes I'm banging my head on the dash was AAC/mp4 files do not use ID3 tags and album art is embedded on newer versions of iTunes. It seems older versions of iTunes routinely put album art into another folder.

Windows/PC computers do not support ID3 tags v2.4. So it has to be 2.3 or older. I zeroed the tags and rebuilt using iTunes and mp3tag to v2.3. In some cases I just converted mp3's to AAC files. As of now, the metadata is showing up but no album art yet. That took a while before the uconnect database was up to date. It's a hidden file in the flash drive.

At this time, I am just going to let the uconnect build its db with gracenote off. See if that works first. Gracenote was great at over writing the correct metadata. Like Magica (metal band) to Tina Turner!?!

Plan "B" will be dropping the ID3 tag to v2.2 or v2.1, since I believe they still support image files...aka album art. If that doesn't cut it, I'll turn gracenote back on and crank Tina Turner!!
Old 04-24-2012, 05:54 PM

Hey, I just got my Charger, a 2012 8.4N, and it has the same issue.

I tried turning GraceNote off and got no AlbumArt whatsoever.

Is GraceNote a license/copy protection thing? Is there any hope of getting customized Album Art embedded in the mp3 to show up? I listen to a lot of old AltRock that is just plain not sold in stores for the past 10 years...no hope of getting on the GN DB!
Old 05-01-2012, 09:14 AM

Problem: Album artwork not showing from SD card
Solution: artwork not added to the mp3 / mp4 file. Using Itunes is the fastest and easiest way to complete this task.

Just select songs and drag a artwork picture to the album you want. This will then resize and add the picture to the file.

When making folders for music i do the following

Artist ---> Album ----> songs

Once i went through and added album art work to everything via Itunes it all comes up perfectly.

Another reason for miss shape artwork is the size. Try to stay in the 200 x 200 to 400 x 400 range.

Hope this helps. Cheers.

2012 AWD Charger SXT Plus
Has everything but a sunroof
Old 05-01-2012, 04:35 PM

Just tried your suggestions....no luck.
(I had hopes, as I had originally dragged my entire "iTunes Music" folder onto the USB stick. Went to Artist/Album only.)

With GraceNotes on, mainstream songs, still available for sale, with correct Artist/Album metadata, show up from either SD or USB port.

With GraceNotes off, nothing at all.

All show fine in windows explorer, some art came from iTunes, some custom.

Sure you have the Uconnect 8.4, and you have GraceNotes off?

I would like a non-GN technique that works every time.
Old 05-02-2012, 06:55 AM

Man thats rough.

I just created individual folders then from Itunes dragged the music into the new folder and it worked for me.

I did notice some did not transfer when i was just moving my already existing music folder to my SD card, but when i drug them straight from itunes they did. Strange i know.
Old 05-02-2012, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallenhero View Post
Man thats rough.

I just created individual folders then from Itunes dragged the music into the new folder and it worked for me.

I did notice some did not transfer when i was just moving my already existing music folder to my SD card, but when i drug them straight from itunes they did. Strange i know.
Yikes! One folder at a time?

And do you know the answer to GraceNotes On or Off?

Click on the "AUDIO" menu, it is listed as "Clean up Music Files", second to the last menu choice.
Old 05-03-2012, 07:04 AM

Mine is turned on.

Yes its a pain in the ass to make individual folders but thats the only way i could get it to stay organized and show album art.

Think of it this way. If you do it once you wont have to ever do it again

Just do it a small bit at a time and you can knock it out over a few days depending on how much music you have.
Old 05-05-2012, 03:19 PM

Well, I tried to get technical on MP3Tag, and tried everything:
200x200, 300x300, 400x400,500x500 in all versions of ID3 tag
2.4, 2.3, 2.3 ISO

None of them worked, but I am able to verify a few things:

Title comes from the Track File Name.
Artist/Album/Year etc. come from the ID3v2 tags, not the ID3v1 tags.
So it seemed there was some hope, but yet no luck.

FallenHero, have you actually seen "custom" artwork show up?
It is possible that you only listen to items on the GN database.
Old 05-14-2012, 08:48 PM

Took another shot today, trying all color depths and PNG vs JPG.

Again, nothing comes through:
16M JPG, PNG
64k JPG, PNG
32k JPG, PNG
256 PNG
All of these attempts were made using v2.4 MP3Tags.

Tried with GN on and again with it off.

Would love to find the answer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Audio - Alarms - Navigation - Electronics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.