Engine code P0430 - Dodge Charger Forums
Are you interested in the Dodge Challenger? Visit the Challenger Forum @ ChallengerTalk.com for your Dodge Challenger information!
Dodge Charger Forum Header Dodge Charger Header Right

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Charger Problems/Assistance

ChargerForums.com is the premier Dodge Charger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 09-23-2011, 07:13 PM

Engine code P0430

Catalyst system below threshold P0430, That's the code my car threw today and I failed my smog Is it the O2 sensors or what, my registration is due tomorrow and I am so pissed off right now. Any Help would be great guys

Smoke' em -v- (smo'k-em) 1.The act of placing large amounts of rubber into the pavement and or asphalt, usually by means of ground ripping torque. 2. A gross and gratuitus display of power, with the intent of intimidating imports.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2011, 08:09 PM

My Charger threw that code a couple years ago. My Cats fell apart and had to be replaced.
It was done under the Emisions warranty and covered 100%.
Pay your registration tomorrow so you aren't late and then take to dealer to have it fixed.
Good luck!
BT mods-Front and Rear Emblems,Front and Rear Sill Plates,Fender Badges,Underhood Kit
V-1 Radar Detector,R1 Drilled and Slotted Rotors, Powdercoated Alloys with Toyo Proxes ST's
Old 09-23-2011, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjim.srt-8 View Post
My Charger threw that code a couple years ago. My Cats fell apart and had to be replaced.
It was done under the Emisions warranty and covered 100%.
Pay your registration tomorrow so you aren't late and then take to dealer to have it fixed.
Good luck!
I hope not man, the code will pop up and then it will go away so I have no idea what can be causing it? And I can't register my car until I pass smog, I wish I could just pay the registration and be done with it.

Smoke' em -v- (smo'k-em) 1.The act of placing large amounts of rubber into the pavement and or asphalt, usually by means of ground ripping torque. 2. A gross and gratuitus display of power, with the intent of intimidating imports.
Old 09-23-2011, 09:31 PM

Just take it in to the dealer and show them the code and like above post if it is your cats they have to replace for free if you have less than 100,000 miles or 6 or 8 years.
Most muffler shops just want your money for new cats and they won't tell you that you can get it done for free at the dealer. Had them replaced on my dodge ram with 75,000 miles on it for free.
Old 09-23-2011, 09:39 PM
Lifetime Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to PlumCrazyDaytona Send a message via Yahoo to PlumCrazyDaytona
Not a big deal the code will clear out after three complete drive cycles with no errors. Also you should know there is a TSB for a software fix for cars that throw the code. I use to throw the 430 and 420 codes all the time before I built up motor, and with my tune with the o2's turned on I have not gotten the code. So check with your dealer it could just be a software thing, or drive it for a week and see if the code clears itself. Or if you cant wait go to autozone or any national parts store and get a code reader and clear the code.
6.1 Intake manifold,SRT MAX cam on 112lsa, CNC Inertia Heads milled,mopar TCM,blue tops, 3000 Edge converter 3.91 Getrag, Kooks LongTubes, catless mids and SLP Loud Mouth II, powerbond undrive pulley, 170 tstat, , R1 crossdrilled/slotted rotors, HAWK Pads,eibach lowering springs,dampners,sways mopar strut braces, razors edge sub frame connectors #157 of 1400 ACES IV Quantum Blue Lubricants PB 1/4 12.38@110.66
http://s182.photobucket.com/albums/x...2-12-13-01.mp4
http://s182.photobucket.com/albums/x...=VIDEO0010.mp4
Old 09-23-2011, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by outbackred View Post
Just take it in to the dealer and show them the code and like above post if it is your cats they have to replace for free if you have less than 100,000 miles or 6 or 8 years.
Most muffler shops just want your money for new cats and they won't tell you that you can get it done for free at the dealer. Had them replaced on my dodge ram with 75,000 miles on it for free.
Well it has 125K right now, but I will take it in and see.

Old 09-23-2011, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlumCrazyDaytona View Post
Not a big deal the code will clear out after three complete drive cycles with no errors. Also you should know there is a TSB for a software fix for cars that throw the code. I use to throw the 430 and 420 codes all the time before I built up motor, and with my tune with the o2's turned on I have not gotten the code. So check with your dealer it could just be a software thing, or drive it for a week and see if the code clears itself. Or if you cant wait go to autozone or any national parts store and get a code reader and clear the code.
Well I cleared the code but it came back after 50 miles or so. How long does it take for the OBD to reset? Because I could probably clear it and drive like 40 miles and then take it for the smog and hopefully it is reset by that time.

Old 09-23-2011, 09:56 PM
Lifetime Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to PlumCrazyDaytona Send a message via Yahoo to PlumCrazyDaytona
Well its hard to say..if your main concern is the the test it takes roughly three drive cycles to arm and show ready. So maybe try some foulers or take it to the exhaust shop have them test the cats and if they are good swap out your rear o2's
6.1 Intake manifold,SRT MAX cam on 112lsa, CNC Inertia Heads milled,mopar TCM,blue tops, 3000 Edge converter 3.91 Getrag, Kooks LongTubes, catless mids and SLP Loud Mouth II, powerbond undrive pulley, 170 tstat, , R1 crossdrilled/slotted rotors, HAWK Pads,eibach lowering springs,dampners,sways mopar strut braces, razors edge sub frame connectors #157 of 1400 ACES IV Quantum Blue Lubricants PB 1/4 12.38@110.66
http://s182.photobucket.com/albums/x...2-12-13-01.mp4
http://s182.photobucket.com/albums/x...=VIDEO0010.mp4
Old 09-24-2011, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by outbackred View Post
That warranty is for the original owner only or any charger with less than 100k ?
Old 09-24-2011, 07:19 PM

I happened to be the original owner of the truck but the exhaust shop did not know that when he brought that up. I took it to the dealer and was replaced for free. They probably looked to see if I was the original owner but they never said. A quick call to a dealer and they can tell you what the federal regulations are about cats.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Charger Problems/Assistance

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.