08 Charger takes a few seconds to start or doesnt start at all. - Dodge Charger Forums
Are you interested in the Dodge Challenger? Visit the Challenger Forum @ ChallengerTalk.com for your Dodge Challenger information!
Dodge Charger Forum Header Dodge Charger Header Right

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Charger Problems/Assistance

ChargerForums.com is the premier Dodge Charger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 09-08-2011, 04:04 PM

08 Charger takes a few seconds to start or doesnt start at all.

Hey guys, hoping i can get a little help here.

I bought my 08 charger last December, been running great and love the hell out of that car. But here recently it's been giving me some trouble.

When i get in the car and turn the key, it doesnt start like it use to. In fact it takes like 3-4 seconds to turn the engine over. Now, i know the fuel pump drill, and ive tried it and it still does the same thing. Some times it doesnt even start.

Early today i had to run an errand at work and i got in the car, turned the key, 3-4 seconds later the engine turned then stopped. i let go off the key and then boom the engine turned over and started.

This problem has happened before but seemed to have self corrected it self. The problem is, now it seems like its worse. Anyone have any ideas what it could be??

Please help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2011, 01:47 AM

I had the same problem with my car. Just when I had scheduled an appointment to drop the car off at the dealership to have the problem checked, it went away and hasn't come back.

Not sure what to make of it either.
Old 09-28-2011, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalamander View Post
Hey guys, hoping i can get a little help here.

I bought my 08 charger last December, been running great and love the hell out of that car. But here recently it's been giving me some trouble.

When i get in the car and turn the key, it doesnt start like it use to. In fact it takes like 3-4 seconds to turn the engine over. Now, i know the fuel pump drill, and ive tried it and it still does the same thing. Some times it doesnt even start.

Early today i had to run an errand at work and i got in the car, turned the key, 3-4 seconds later the engine turned then stopped. i let go off the key and then boom the engine turned over and started.

This problem has happened before but seemed to have self corrected it self. The problem is, now it seems like its worse. Anyone have any ideas what it could be??

Please help!
Same thing with my car...Did you fix the problem? Going to take my car in this week?

08 STEEL BLUE METALLIC SE PLUS TRADED

ALSO HAVE:[/U]
07 GIXXER 750
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Charger Problems/Assistance

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.