Simple Install for Rear Diffuser? - Dodge Charger Forums
Are you interested in the Dodge Challenger? Visit the Challenger Forum @ ChallengerTalk.com for your Dodge Challenger information!

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > General Charger Discussion

General Charger Discussion General Discussion about the Dodge Charger.

ChargerForums.com is the premier Dodge Charger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 07-24-2011, 12:39 PM

Simple Install for Rear Diffuser?

Hey guys im really keen on getting a rear diffuser.. doesnt matter which one as long as i have something black back there.. i really like the look of it.

and they arent as expensive as i thought either...

http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/...ad.php?t=76741
after reading that post it completely scared me away just because that looks like way too much work for something that seemed so simple...

my question is to install any rear diffuser is it all the same in terms of installation? for example to install my front lip it was very simple.. a couple rivets and aligning and thats about it..

Is there any other way to install a rear diffuser then the way mentioned above?

thanks!

Old 07-24-2011, 01:42 PM

Im in the same boat. I want an easy install. Rockauto should have them for cheap too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2011, 01:47 PM

well i dont really care about the price because i found them brand new on ebay for about 100$ from mopar themselves.. i just thought that it would be a simple install like the front bumper lip was, a couple of rivets and thats it!
Old 07-25-2011, 09:17 AM
Supporting Member (Lifetime)
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Charger: 2008 Charger SXT
Send a message via AIM to Stumblin Steve
Quote:
Originally Posted by r.bouz View Post
Hey guys im really keen on getting a rear diffuser.. doesnt matter which one as long as i have something black back there.. i really like the look of it.

and they arent as expensive as i thought either...

http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/...ad.php?t=76741
after reading that post it completely scared me away just because that looks like way too much work for something that seemed so simple...

my question is to install any rear diffuser is it all the same in terms of installation? for example to install my front lip it was very simple.. a couple rivets and aligning and thats about it..

Is there any other way to install a rear diffuser then the way mentioned above?

thanks!
Yeah, you can get an SRT8 rear fascia and install it the correct way. Really that method in the link you posted is very very easy, just take your time!

I didn't trim the exhaust holes in the fascia either, there isn't an issue with pressure being put onto the diffuser.

Take your time with the tape, dry test fit first, and don't do what I did, I didn't cut the slit big enough on the adhesive tip and ended up screwing up, but I fixed it, cut a nice fat slit so you get a real thick bead of adhesive. And if you take your time with the tape on the car and diffuser, you wont even have to really worry about any trimming up with an Xacto knife, peeling the tape does it for you.

The time it took me to do my install (not including the wait) two hours I believe.
Join the Photoshop/Artist Group! Silver Chargers!!! & Virginia Chargers
Old 07-25-2011, 12:45 PM

theres no way i could like use some kind of adhesive to put it on? or anything else with rivets? im really surprised no one has chimed in yet....
Old 07-25-2011, 12:50 PM

Quote:
theres no way i could like use some kind of adhesive to put it on? or anything else with rivets? im really surprised no one has chimed in yet....
Do it right. It's not hard.

I did it with silicone and I've had to re-attach it three times now. I should have just made the darn holes.
2008 Brilliant Black R/T R&T w/SRT body.114 LSA cam. Borla 125 catback. JBA shorty headers. Aluminum rear-window louvers, custom vented fenders. Front & rear LED halos, Tinted tails. Toyo Proxes 4 245 front 275 rear.
Billet Tech: BSG62 hood & tail emblems, wheel-centers, visor covers, fuse box cover. Custom CHARGER badge. Shifter plate. Frankintake. Satin door locks & pull-rings, engine kit, coil-pack & valve covers.
Old 07-25-2011, 12:55 PM

My Charger: 2008 Charger SXT
Send a message via AIM to Stumblin Steve
Quote:
Sure, nothing says you can't use rivets, but they'll show. So unless you don't care about seeing rivets in your diffuser I wouldn't do it. Adhesive tape would never be able to hold.

So you really have four options:
1) Get an SRT8 rear fascia and install it the correct way
2) Mark where the slots should be on your exsisting fascia, make the slots, get the anchors for the tabs to be held in the slots pretty much installs like OEM besides having to make slots.
3) Use the method I did (that's in your link you posted) and use the adhesive silicone
4) Drill some holes and install it with rivets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anguish View Post
Do it right. It's not hard.

I did it with silicone and I've had to re-attach it three times now. I should have just made the darn holes.
Same here but that's because I screwed up with the initial install. Now it looks like it's there to stay.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > General Charger Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.