2011 Uconnect Touch 8.4N & 8.4 Playlist Upgrade Software - Dodge Charger Forums
Audio - Alarms - Navigation - Electronics Member discussions about Charger audio, alarm and navigation systems and other electronics take place here

#1 Old 07-11-2011, 10:45 PM
Bigredisb

(Thread Starter)
2011 Uconnect Touch 8.4N & 8.4 Playlist Upgrade Software

Dodge just released an update to add playlist functionality to your 2011 Uconnect Touch 8.4N (sales code RB5) or Uconnect Touch 8.4 (sales code RE2)

Available here:
https://qna.extra.chrysler.com/rhb/u...RadioUpdate.do

2011 Tungsten R/T Max, 50% Tint
2010 Hemi Ram Pickup
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-11-2011, 11:26 PM
Bigredisb

(Thread Starter)
Smile

Just finished my 8.4N and it works great. It does take a while to upload the software update so get comfy. About 3/4 way through your blower motor will get a mind of its own and my lane detection lights came on with a warning saying they were disabled but after it reboots everything is good.
This was one of my biggest issues with the new car, buts its fixed now.
#3 Old 07-16-2011, 02:50 AM
drksyd

Don't know why but I don't qualify for the update. It's not as if mine works lol.

2011 Blackberry Pearl Charger R/T Plus

SpinTech mufflers & Aeroturbine resonators - Tinted (Panorama Hilite 40 & Huper Optik clear on windshield) - catch can - AEM Brute Force - Hotchkis springs - 180 tstat
#4 Old 07-16-2011, 03:21 PM
SneakyRT

Flashed mine today and the update worked just as described in the directions. The iPod controls now work the way they should with playlist controls, album list etc.

I noticed the update file was dated back in March of this year so somebody knew it was a problem long before they sent out the fix.

My thanks to the worker bee who developed the fix and posted it for us.

Now how about another flash update for the unit so I can get real time traffic updates on my GPS screen - Please!

SneakyRT
'11 Charger R/T Plus AWD Tungsten Metallic
Traded: '06 Magnesium Charger R/T - 07/06 - 06/11
Sold: '05 Inferno Red Magnum SXT - 09/05 - 07/10
#5 Old 07-17-2011, 05:36 PM
mikelen9

Update?

I installed this update and it went as the directions said it should. However, I do not notice any difference in how it operates. I tried both my Iphone 4 and an older Ipod connected via USB. Songs just play in alphabetical order. No album/artist browsing functionality. No album art. What exactly was this software update supposed to allow me to do?

Last edited by mikelen9; 07-17-2011 at 05:47 PM.
#6 Old 07-17-2011, 08:55 PM
Bigredisb

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelen9 View Post
What exactly was this software update supposed to allow me to do?
It is supposed to allow you to do all of the things you could do before plus play your playlists from your I product.

Did you have your phone hooked up to the car for a while? A 16GB phone can take quite a while load up all your info before the browse button becomes active.

I was thinking the same thing you were until I had my phone hooked up for about 10 minutes. Everything worked great after that.
#7 Old 07-17-2011, 09:00 PM
Bigredisb

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drksyd View Post
Don't know why but I don't qualify for the update. It's not as if mine works lol.
I have the file that I could send you possibly. The only issue is its 42mb and its the mac version.
#8 Old 07-17-2011, 09:17 PM
drksyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigredisb View Post
I have the file that I could send you possibly. The only issue is its 42mb and its the mac version.
Thanks for the offer. I'll pass on this, it works good enough for me lol.
#9 Old 07-21-2011, 12:22 PM
Sargeslaughter

My observations of the new update are:

1. It actually works with my 160GB iPod classic now. It has about 51,000 songs on it. It does take about 20 minutes for the radio to query the iPod to finally allow the browse button to work. If I unplug the iPod for whatever reason and plug it back in, I have to wait the full 20 minutes or so to see the browse button etc. Very frustrating. There is small bursts of "please wait" while navigating the iPod.

2. The songs playing from the iPod will annoyingly fade out/ cut off at the end of the song. This is a huge problem for continuous albums or live albums. Also similarly, there is no gapless playback settings anywhere.

3. The back arrow (up one level) goes away when you are listening to songs. It is there when browsing for albums. This is annoying because you must find your place where you were to listen to another album by the same artist.

4. Not related to the update but the album name must be accurately named in your id3 tags or else the album art will not show up. It cannot be named for instance "The Wall Disc 2" You must edit the tags so that a double album appears as one big album. The "disc 2" will negate the album art. It appears that the Gracenote database does not contain every album like you think it would, even if you have it spelled correctly.

5. The audio quality is beyond better when using an iPod vs the SD card. I used the exact same mp3 files and I have the 8.4 model with the advanced 9 speaker/Alpine setup. It goes louder too. It also is louder when the noise/ car speed compensation adjustment is on max. On a side note, even though louder, today's music is engineered/recorded hot with overblown, high amplitude and no dynamic range. Compare an album to a classic rock one from the 70's. You'll see what I mean.

Maybe there is some hidden engineering menu that might unlock some features like the older Mygig units, or it will be fixed in future firmware updates. Unfortunately that can take months or years unless someone involved is actually reading these forums.
#10 Old 07-21-2011, 03:01 PM
GTRT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargeslaughter View Post

2. The songs playing from the iPod will annoyingly fade out/ cut off at the end of the song. This is a huge problem for continuous albums or live albums. Also similarly, there is no gapless playback settings anywhere.
So annoying!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Audio - Alarms - Navigation - Electronics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List