Having starting problems with 2008 Dodge Charger - Dodge Charger Forums
Are you interested in the Dodge Challenger? Visit the Challenger Forum @ ChallengerTalk.com for your Dodge Challenger information!
Dodge Charger Forum Header Dodge Charger Header Right

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Charger Problems/Assistance

Charger Problems/Assistance You having problems with your Charger? Check and see if it is a common problem and get answers here.

ChargerForums.com is the premier Dodge Charger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 06-23-2011, 12:05 PM

Having starting problems with 2008 Dodge Charger

The problem that I am having with my 2008 DC is that the car will not start when the key is inserted into the ignition. I took it to a Dodge dealership, and was told that there was a faulty WIN (Wireless Ignition Node) module, and I was given an error code: B1A25, which I found that the error is listed as an Invalid Key. To have this repaired/replaced would cost $500, and an extra $225 if the key needs to be reprogrammed. The repair is a bit more than I can afford at this point right now, and trying to stick to a budget throwing this amount $500-$725 in isn't going to work.

I wanted to know if this is fixable without utilizing a dealership's service? I saw that 2010 Chargers were recalled due to a faulty WIN and I called Chrysler's recall phone number, but was told that they heard nothing about this for the 2008 DC's. I mentioned my problem was similar to the 2010 DC's and was told to pay for the repair, and hold onto the receipt in case there is a recall in the future for reimbursement.

I've been googling to find what part I would need and to see if others have had this same problem, but I'm not having any luck. I did read the thread 2008 Charger will NOT start! PLEASE HELP!!! [SOLVED] by Supanovah and may try the relay starter, but I also don't want to mess around with something that doesn't need to be messed with. Also from the Owner's Manual, the WIN is supposed to located in Cavity 8, needing mini-fuse 15 Amp Blue -- I was going to check Auto-Zone, Pep-Boys or someplace to see if this part is available.

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

Oh! it has been jump-started...twice, and the key fob still works (panic button, and doors will open/lock, trunk will open) but the radio, horn, air are not working.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Charger Problems/Assistance

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.