R1 concepts rotors - Dodge Charger Forums
Are you interested in the Dodge Challenger? Visit the Challenger Forum @ ChallengerTalk.com for your Dodge Challenger information!

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Wheels/Tires/Brakes/Suspension

Wheels/Tires/Brakes/Suspension Discussion about anything involving the wheels, tires, suspension components, etc.

ChargerForums.com is the premier Dodge Charger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 06-23-2011, 10:56 AM

Send a message via AIM to JJACKO312
R1 concepts rotors

R1 concepts? Are their products reliable? Seems to be kinda of cheap for rotors? Wanna to get some thoughts before I purchase thanks.

2007 Dodge Charger SXT, 3.5L HO, Maas 028B 22'' Rims, LED Tail lights/smoked, Dual exhaust, Flowmaster Super 40 series muffler, 20% Tint, Jensen 9312HD in-dash touch screen, 4 Rockford fosgate 6x9's, Dual Kicker Subs 2400w, Power Acoustik 1800w amp, HID Gate 8000k hids-lows and fogs, Diablosport Predator, AAC Interior 3 chip LED lighting (RED) R.I.P
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2011, 12:08 PM

I have the E-line drilled/slotted on mine. Quality good, customer service good. And best news is that they haven't warped like the other 2 sets of rotors I've had.
Old 06-23-2011, 01:08 PM

I have the drilled/slotted on my RT, and I love them. I would buy them again. Look great, no quality issues. I was very pleased with the customer service.
07 Brilliant Black RT, Danko 68 grill, Danko Sealed Shaker system, R1 concepts D/S rotors, Quantum Blue fluids, ACES IV, 35% tint, Window visors, splash guards, Demolded, Debadged, Predator, Foose 20"s, BT Shift plate and T handle, Child car seat...
"Dulce Bellum Inexpertis" (Sweet is war to those who have not known it) - Erasmus
Old 06-23-2011, 01:27 PM

Send a message via AIM to JJACKO312
Thanks for the input guys!
Old 06-23-2011, 01:56 PM

I've already gone through two sets (about 40,000 miles a set) of R1 Concepts 'premium' rotors on my Charger Daytona RT w/ RT (Sublime Lime - 2007). Bought Posi-quiet ceramic/metallic pads too. The rotors are slotted & drilled and have worked great!! The pads have been so-so, only because they usually develop some mild 'squeal' while braking. I've had my pro-shop look into it... they did some adjustment/sanding, but the squeal comes back eventually. Probably glazing of the ceramic in the pads.

Still - very good rotors and decent pads... especially for the money (under $500 to replace rotors and pads all-around).
Old 06-23-2011, 02:07 PM

I even got my rotors engraved w/ the Mopar "M" and the word "mopar" engraved beneath the "M". Looks cool.
2013 Charger R/T: (Super Track Pack, Forged Aluminum Wheels) DS catch can / Mopar CAI / SLP Loud Mouth II /powder coated calipers & R1 brake package {slotted rotors - Stop Tech pads - SS lines} ACES IV & QB oils....
Gone and missed...2007 RT

Marine Corps Combat Vet Plates...Live Free Or Die!!
Old 06-23-2011, 03:44 PM

I love my R1 rotors, but I got mine with the ceramic brake pads......I sound like a bus whenever I tap the breaks...

'06 SXT Midnight blue~ HID 10,000k: Fogs & Lows, Chrome accents, cold air intake, 20" SRT rims (black painted inserts, by me ), E&G classics grille w/ center bar, Silver side stripes, tinted/two toned taillights, cross drilled & slotted rotors, 5% tints, SRT Bilstein suspension, true dual straight pipes, catch can.
Old 06-23-2011, 05:22 PM

What everyone else says x2!

Used them on my R/T, and when it's time to change the SRT's I'll be looking into them again! Had great customer service and the rotors and pads I got were straight up outstanding!

ShowMods: Tinted Tails, Tinted Side Markers, Demoulded, 5 LED Halo Projector Headlights, Satin Black Staggerd 20" Vipers

The Stable
Old 06-23-2011, 05:36 PM
Supporting Member (Lifetime)
Lifetime Supporting Member

The rotors seem good and I get a lot of compliments on them, they do look nice. I'm thinking it's the HPS pads that squeal like a pig, to the point of embarrassing. I've gone thru the bedding process a couple times this year and the squeal goes away for a few days then returns.
Old 07-02-2011, 02:30 AM

Hard driving 37K on my R1s drilled / slotted - Centric ceramic pads with zero issues. R1 is the best bang for your buck on rotors and nice people to deal with also.
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Wheels/Tires/Brakes/Suspension

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.