Oil Pressure Sender Switch code....again. - Dodge Charger Forums
Are you interested in the Dodge Challenger? Visit the Challenger Forum @ ChallengerTalk.com for your Dodge Challenger information!
Dodge Charger Forum Header Dodge Charger Header Right

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Charger Problems/Assistance

ChargerForums.com is the premier Dodge Charger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 06-22-2011, 01:29 PM

Oil Pressure Sender Switch code....again.

My sensor codes 0520 / 0522 keep coming back, even though I changed it. Since installing the new sensor, I have pulled it out and examined it. Seems okay, maybe I got a bad one.....or it is a bad wiring harness. Anyone have this recurring problem. My car has 91k. I wonder if it is actually the sensor or some other problem at high miles. The original sensor had oil leaking through, so I don't know how that may have impacted the second / replacement sensor. I thought I cleaned out the connectors good, but I'll give it one more cleaning and re-inspect the harness......Any thoughts, thanks.

PS...it IS relatively easy to change and you do not have to remove the alternator. Just go from the front w/ a 27mm socket and it will come right out. You just have to fool w/ the wiring harness.
2013 Charger R/T: (Super Track Pack, Forged Aluminum Wheels) DS catch can / Mopar CAI / SLP Loud Mouth II /powder coated calipers & R1 brake package {slotted rotors - Stop Tech pads - SS lines} ACES IV & QB oils....
Gone and missed...2007 RT

Marine Corps Combat Vet Plates...Live Free Or Die!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2011, 03:22 PM

Bump...anyone else had similar experience...trying to avoid the dealer, as I just purchased a new sensor. But I may have to take it in to ensure it is not an actual serious problem.
2013 Charger R/T: (Super Track Pack, Forged Aluminum Wheels) DS catch can / Mopar CAI / SLP Loud Mouth II /powder coated calipers & R1 brake package {slotted rotors - Stop Tech pads - SS lines} ACES IV & QB oils....

Old 06-24-2011, 09:25 PM

Help Guys!!

Old 03-02-2012, 04:28 PM

any luck on this? I just got that code again after swapping out the sensor about a month ago... like the 3rd time replacing this in the last six months
Old 03-05-2012, 11:15 AM

My Charger: 06 rt
have you guys tried to clear the codes after the install? sometimes that helps.
Old 03-05-2012, 11:17 AM

My Charger: 06 rt
any electrical things i would have the dealer do, so if they mess up its under warranty. and if u pay for diagnostic then you could use that money towards repairs and if u think you can do the repair yourself then have them do a tranmission flush or something. thats what i would do.
Old 08-25-2012, 08:08 AM

Well,

I changed the alternator, and had to unplug the sensor. After hooking everything back in, now my sensor is activating the engine light. I surely don't want to spend time switching this thing out if it won't work. It's a pain to get to..

105k miles, and still running strong..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Charger Problems/Assistance

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.