My car Won't Slow Down! - Dodge Charger Forums
Are you interested in the Dodge Challenger? Visit the Challenger Forum @ ChallengerTalk.com for your Dodge Challenger information!

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Performance Discussion/Modifications

ChargerForums.com is the premier Dodge Charger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 06-13-2011, 11:17 AM

My car Won't Slow Down!

I just got my 07 superbee back on friday. I was having an arrington magna supercharger installed. My mechanic and a guy from dtpracing were working on the tune for 2 weeks.

Heres what I noticed. while driving, you hit the gas and the car goes 40mph, you then take your foot off the gas but the car continues going the same speed and will not slow down, unless you hit the break. So obviously something is up with the tune. cause it didn't do that before. not to this degree anyways. it did it slightly, i always had to keep my foot near the break while cruising through town. but now, its much more pronounced. luckily, i have an appt. with a dyno tuner to not only look at that, but the horse power is way to low, considering the mods that i have.

Just curious if anyone else ever had that problem with a car not deaccelerating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2011, 01:06 PM

My Charger: Brilliant black crystal pearl 2011 charger R/T Plus
Not to skip the subject but, where did you get those headlight covers?

2011 Charger R/T plus,HellBoy Red interior,20% tint,modern muscle billet catch can,K&N filter,R/T Heritage emblems,mopar chin,matte black grill,srt8 20x9"replicas. (purchased 8/2/11)
2013 Dart Rallye, (purchased 12/19/12)
RETIRED...2006 Charger R/T, 22" Maas rims, L.E.D tinted color matched tails,20% tint, K&N CAI ,modern muscle billet catch can, diablo 93 octane CAI tune, Flowmaster 44/4" tips, matte black spoiler,blacked out trunk,matte grill,mopar chin,HEMI tattoos.
Old 06-13-2011, 01:17 PM

that was probably the first mod i got for the car. back in 07. People have asked me before. I know i ordered them online. I have looked a few times to try and find them again. the only ones i ever see are the gto ones. I don't know if they make them or not anymore. they cost about 250. they are from what i remember, a bendable hard rubber. it had a peel back on the sides to stick.
Old 06-13-2011, 01:17 PM

These cars always seem to hold their speed well when cruising. Don't know the technical explanation though. They just don't slow down quickly. Maybe someone can chime in about the tune causing the cruise control to activate or....

'13 Charger R/T AWD MAX Previous '06 Charger R/T+ Owner
NOTICE: This post was just an opinion by the author. No offense should be taken. Thank you.
Old 06-13-2011, 01:22 PM
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporting Member

I always thought our cars did that because of where they idled. My car will go 10mph or more on its own on a flat lot if I don't hold the brake.
Old 06-13-2011, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CONAN View Post
that was probably the first mod i got for the car. back in 07. People have asked me before. I know i ordered them online. I have looked a few times to try and find them again. the only ones i ever see are the gto ones. I don't know if they make them or not anymore. they cost about 250. they are from what i remember, a bendable hard rubber. it had a peel back on the sides to stick.
Yeah, if you find a receipt or link, let us know! LIKE THOSE!

'13 Charger R/T AWD MAX Previous '06 Charger R/T+ Owner
NOTICE: This post was just an opinion by the author. No offense should be taken. Thank you.
Old 06-13-2011, 09:28 PM

My Charger: 2006 RT w/ R&T
I have heard of cars not decelerating when you let up and it always seems to come back to the tune. I'm pretty sure I've heard about it on cammed cars, not sure about supercharged ones - but it's always in the tune.

How do I.... EVERYTHING!
Old 06-14-2011, 06:34 PM

Yeah I have definitely heard of this before as well, but I don't remember the specifics. I would post this on the LX Forums as well if you haven't already.
1969 Roadrunner in Red Gone, but not forgotten! <beep, beep>
Old 06-14-2011, 07:14 PM

Send a message via MSN to PlumCrazyDaytona Send a message via Yahoo to PlumCrazyDaytona
Yes its the tune and has to do with the Electonic Throttle Control, ETC. Right now your ETC is a little loose meaning the return to idle position is slow and therefore the holding speed. Now depending on the cam and other things these cars can be real moody and not like the cam you are running and "HAL" will fight it, like in my case. I have an odd ball surge that comes and it goes....to eliminate it we gave the car less ETC which gives you this effect or can if its too loose, too tight and you get the surges....

As an example with ETC set up tight throttle is super crisp, when you rev the engine its tight and comes down fast. Now when I had it set this tight it was a bear to drive, as an example using cruise at any speed you would feel the throttle adjust up and down to maintain the speed. dialed down a bit and smooth as a factory tune.

However this is a tricky thing to get nailed down...Mine is not perfect and most days is just fine, but out of the blue I will either get the surges or slow slowdowns, like the 40mph cruise with no throttle input.

I have accepted it as a trade off to a big cam, hell it runs great in -20 temps and awesome at 90 so to me a slight trade off.
6.1 Intake manifold,SRT MAX cam on 112lsa, CNC Inertia Heads milled,mopar TCM,blue tops, 3000 Edge converter 3.91 Getrag, Kooks LongTubes, catless mids and SLP Loud Mouth II, powerbond undrive pulley, 170 tstat, , R1 crossdrilled/slotted rotors, HAWK Pads,eibach lowering springs,dampners,sways mopar strut braces, razors edge sub frame connectors #157 of 1400 ACES IV Quantum Blue Lubricants PB 1/4 12.38@110.66
http://s182.photobucket.com/albums/x...2-12-13-01.mp4
http://s182.photobucket.com/albums/x...=VIDEO0010.mp4
Old 06-14-2011, 07:25 PM

We call it Auto-Drive ... lol

Mine does it too, since the cam install.

Supercharged cars are also susceptible to it , unfortunately.

It's in the tune ... mine will be revised once the blower goes on, so we'll see how much AJ can get rid of it ...

'13 Mustang GT Sterling Gray, 6-spd, Recaros, Track Pack. 2.3L Whipple, 560RWHP, 456RWTQ
- ordered 6.6.12, born 7.25.12, mine 8.11.12 -
'08 Mustang GT500 White/blue stripes, 528RWHP, 531RWTQ - girlfriend's car
For Sale >>> - 2010 Focus SE Sangria Red, 4-dr sedan, auto.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Performance Discussion/Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.