Locked my keys in the car :( how do I open it? - Page 3 - Dodge Charger Forums
Are you interested in the Dodge Challenger? Visit the Challenger Forum @ ChallengerTalk.com for your Dodge Challenger information!

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > General Charger Discussion

General Charger Discussion General Discussion about the Dodge Charger.

ChargerForums.com is the premier Dodge Charger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 05-02-2011, 07:43 AM

Send a message via AIM to Ins_Dash
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladiator View Post
So I guess my recommendation of a well placed brick through a window won't be needed.
hhahaha, I was about to type this but you beat me to it! Would be funny to witness.
Mod list(in order): 35% Tint, Powder Coated Challenger Wheels, Spoiler +paint, Eibach Damper & Springs, DDM HID 6k lows/fogs, Dimpled & Slotted Rotors, Mopar Blue Calipers, Demolded, Blacked out Side Reflectors, PD grille +more.
West Chester, Pa.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2011, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anguish View Post
My suggestion was going to be "open the door", to be an equal smart-ass. Turns out that was the right answer. Weird.

But seriously, this is one of those topics that comes up from time to time and it's probably worth repeating... develop good habits. First, I almost never put the keys down inside the car. If I'm working on some interior mod etc, the keys stay in my pocket, or outside the car. That's an easy rule to generally abide by. But here's the biggest rule. Never lock the car except using the keyfob, while all doors are shut. Ever. If you have to use the keyfob to lock the car, it'll never get locked inside. Don't ever use the lock buttons inside the car. Just don't. Ever. No, not even then. If you're cleaning the car and accidentally hit a button, immediately unlock it again. Not to beat the point to a pulp, but this is a habit we need to follow like religion. Thou shalt not.
This is pretty much my policy too Until the FOB breaks, hopefully these hold up better than GM FOBS I don't want to know what they cost. This sounds stupid but if I have a broken FOB it's my policy to hold the key in my hand when flipping the lock I am nuts like that If I'm coming home at 3 AM I will flip the latch instead of blaring the horn.
Old 05-02-2011, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFPVet View Post
Well, you could've just called law enforcement and they will come out and open it. We used an airjack and a long rod to open it without any damage. It was cake.
Not every department does this anymore. Mine stopped, liability reasons.

Glad the story had a happy ending
Previous proud owner of a 2006 Daytona R/T in GoManGo #1411
Now a proud Ram1500 owner.
Old 05-09-2011, 08:11 PM

My Charger: 2008 SRT8 SuperBee
Don't have a Charger yet... still trying to decide. But i was told if you locked the car with the Fob inside that the horn would beep and the doors UNlock automatically. same thing for the trunk, if you lock the keys in the trunk, the trunk UNlocks itself.
so is this not true? or since the rear doors were not locked it didn't trigger the UNlock operation? somebody want to try it and let me know?
thanks...
Old 05-09-2011, 08:24 PM

My Charger: 2008 SRT8 SuperBee
wait a minute.. i think he had a 2007? the Fob stuff is only on the 2011 right?
Old 05-10-2011, 02:00 AM

That's only for the '11's. Unless your battery is dead, you can't lock your keys in the car.

2011 Blackberry Pearl Charger R/T Plus

SpinTech mufflers & Aeroturbine resonators - Tinted (Panorama Hilite 40 & Huper Optik clear on windshield) - catch can - AEM Brute Force - Hotchkis springs - 180 tstat
Old 05-10-2011, 07:18 PM

I came out of a bar one 2am morning drunk as a skunk. When I saw that I locked my keys in the car, I got so angry that I exploded in a drunken rage. Slurring profanities at the top of my lungs, I kicked the door in and elbowed a huge dent into the roof and then I flung my half full beer bottle threw the window.

Although I managed to get my door open, I wouldn't recommend this method.

If you don't like what I'm saying, my response can be re-calibrated. Turn the ignition key to the ON position. Re-read my post and at the same time turn the key to the ACC position. My response has now been re-calibrated.
Old 05-10-2011, 07:31 PM

Send a message via AIM to hskr Send a message via Yahoo to hskr
Quote:
Originally Posted by drksyd View Post
That's only for the '11's. Unless your battery is dead, you can't lock your keys in the car.
Actually, '08+ AFAIK. I've tried locking the doors on my car with the fob while sitting inside and they won't lock.

Old 05-10-2011, 07:32 PM

Send a message via AIM to hskr Send a message via Yahoo to hskr
Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper07 View Post
I came out of a bar one 2am morning drunk as a skunk. When I saw that I locked my keys in the car, I got so angry that I exploded in a drunken rage. Slurring profanities at the top of my lungs, I kicked the door in and elbowed a huge dent into the roof and then I flung my half full beer bottle threw the window.

Although I managed to get my door open, I wouldn't recommend this method.
here i was waiting for the punchline of you realized it wasn't your car.
Old 05-10-2011, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hskr View Post
Actually, '08+ AFAIK. I've tried locking the doors on my car with the fob while sitting inside and they won't lock.
Oops, I thought it was new for '11. Does it work for your trunk too?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > General Charger Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.