Engine jumping around/sputtering noise at idle - Dodge Charger Forums
Charger Problems/Assistance You having problems with your Charger? Check and see if it is a common problem and get answers here.

post #1 of 3 Old 01-15-2011, 01:25 AM Thread Starter
JoeA

(Thread Starter)
Engine jumping around/sputtering noise at idle

I recently added some JBA shorties and JBA catless mids...
I had noticed that the EVIC said I was only getting like 8-12 MPG's...and approximately 10 MPGs less than average. I figured it was just the computer misreading the exhaust due to the CEL being on.
I was revving my engine lightly for someone to show them my headers...and the engine started bouncing around, literally. I was making a sputtering noise, so I popped the hood and the engine was bouncing frantically...
It ran normal for a couple days, but tonight when I was driving for a while, it started up again when I was idleing...
Thanks
Joe

2011 Mopar Edition Charger #289 3.91 rear end!!

Traded, but not forgotten--2006 R/T r&t:MOPAR CAI, Predator, JBA Shorties, JBA Catless mids, ZOOmers catback exhaust
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-15-2011, 12:03 PM
richd

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeA View Post
I recently added some JBA shorties and JBA catless mids...
I had noticed that the EVIC said I was only getting like 8-12 MPG's...and approximately 10 MPGs less than average. I figured it was just the computer misreading the exhaust due to the CEL being on.
I was revving my engine lightly for someone to show them my headers...and the engine started bouncing around, literally. I was making a sputtering noise, so I popped the hood and the engine was bouncing frantically...
It ran normal for a couple days, but tonight when I was driving for a while, it started up again when I was idleing...
Thanks
Joe
I see that you have a Predator.You have to shut off shut off the O2 sensors,then I dont think you would have this problem.The PCM is going nuts trying to keep the air/fuel ratio in check and cant find the signal from the sensors.

Last edited by richd; 01-15-2011 at 12:05 PM.
post #3 of 3 Old 01-15-2011, 12:46 PM Thread Starter
JoeA

(Thread Starter)
I figured it had to do with something like that...Ill try shutting the O2s off.
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Charger Problems/Assistance

Quick Reply

User Tag List