Charger Forums banner

key fob (2010)

52K views 17 replies 6 participants last post by  Jonny 
#1 ·
hello, i just have a quick questions about key fobs I was hopeing you could answer. I bought a 2010 charger SE. the dealer only had 1 key so they mailed me a second one, and the dealer I am near programmed it and i will be re-imbursed by the dealer i bought it from. I read that if i have two working fobs I can program it myself, which sounds like a cheaper solution for losing my key in the future. anyways i have a quick question about that. I am wanting to buy one online, and program it myself for when my wife loses a fob I will have a replacement.

i see some used ones online....is the programming different with the used ones then with a new one or is the progress the same and it will erase the old memory and put in the new key memory? I am sort of wanting to make this progress as painless as possible so used sounds good as long as I can do it myself (as long as i have two programmed fobs) I don't mind buying used.

thanks

#2 ·
Sounds like to me that you got screwed by the dealer. I just got a 2010 Charger and it came with 4 Fobs, it was a police package and that may be why but the dealer should have provided you with no fewer than two fobs!

To answer your question about FOB they are programmed by a keyless module at dealer only, according to a friend who is the parts mgr at a stealership.

#7 ·
I can't say I agree with the dealership screwing me. When I bought the car they could only find one FOBIK, and I live a few provinces away from the dealership I bought it from. They mailed me a second FOBIK and said go to your local Chrysler dealer and have it programmed, send us the receipts and we will reimburse you for the cost of the programming. So ultimately I got as many FOBIKS I would have thought come with the car, and all I lost was the time that it took to go to my dealer and have it done. I know any other car I've bought has only come with two keys.

You got lucky with the 4 fobiks obviously :)

#3 ·
Mine came with two.
Used ones are tied to the original car... worthless.
The new ones on eBay supposedly come with instructions you can program the third one with, if You have two... IDK for sure.

Its a FOBIK.

Cop cars normally come with four fobs.

#4 ·
If you have your manual,it will tell you how to program up to 8 keys.You do need at least 2 valid sentry keys.Here is the procedure;

Step 1 - The first step is to purchase a blank transponder key. Step 2 – Next, insert one of the sentry keys into you car parts ignition. Turn the ignition to the “ON” position for at least 3 seconds, but no longer than 15 seconds.

Step 3 – Next, turn your car parts ignition back to the “OFF” position and replace the first sentry key with the second key. Turn your ignition to the “ON” position again. Make sure the time between switching keys does not exceed 15 seconds.

Step 4 - After about 10 seconds of inserting the second key and turning it the “ON” position, the SKIS indicator light in your car parts instrument cluster will beep once and begin to flash indicating that the system has entered “Customer Learn Programming Mode.”

Step 5 - Within a minute of entering the “Customer Learn Programming Mode,” turn your ignition switch to the “OFF” position and insert your blank sentry key. Next, turn the ignition back to the “ON” position.

Step 6 - Within 10 seconds of turning your ignition to the “ON” position, you will hear a single beep. Then the SKIS indicator in your instrument panel will stop flashing and stay lit up for 3 seconds, then turn off. This indicates that you have successfully programmed your Sentry Key. You are now ready to start your vehicle with your newly programmed Sentry Key.

If the above steps are not performed correctly, the SKIS will exit "Customer Learn Programming Mode" and the key will not be programmed. Programming your sentry key will also be unsuccessful if: You use a non-blank key when you should be using a blank sentry key, you have already programmed the maximum allowed (8) keys to your vehicle, or if you turn your ignition off for more than 50 seconds during the programming process. In addition, if you attempt to start your vehicle during the programming process, the vehicle will deem the key invalid and turn the engine off after a few seconds.

#5 ·
richd you are the man! I have looked for that info for two years. It isn't in my manual...

Are we sure that is for 08+? They have FOBIK key... the fob IS the key.

#17 ·
I ordered some, they look the same, but have a different part number on the back, and they don't seem to program. The FFC ID numbers are the same on the new ones as they are on the two from the dealers, but the part numbers are different. Can anyone tell me if the part number matters or the FFC ID numbers matter. As i want to know if i have the wrong fobiks or am I just programming them wrong?

thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.