Gotta love Dodge for putting stuff in ridiculous places!!!!
2008: I imagine 2006 is the same... IDK
The heater core (1) is mounted into the driver side of HVAC air distribution housing (2), located behind the instrument panel.
The heater core is a heat exchanger made of rows of tubes and fins and is secured to the air distribution housing by a plastic retaining bracket (3). The heater core tubes (4) are secured to the HVAC housing by a removable flange (5).
The heater core tubes are not serviced separately from the heater core. The HVAC housing must be removed from the vehicle to service the heater core.
1. Disconnect and isolate the negative battery cable.
2. Remove the HVAC housing assembly (9) and place it on a suitable workbench.
3. On LHD models, remove the blend door actuator (1) from the driver side of the HVAC air distribution housing (2).
4. Remove the two screws (8) that secure the flange (7) to the front of the HVAC housing near the dash panel and remove the flange.
5. Remove the screw (5) that secures the heater core retaining bracket (3) to the driver side of the HVAC air distribution housing and remove the bracket.
6. Disengage the heater core tubes (6) from the HVAC housing and carefully pull the heater core (4) straight out of the side of the air distribution housing.
I am the Stig
2010 R/T DWBlue, 2800 PI stall, Homemade CAI, JBA headers and mids, SLP LMII catback, Custom tune by Diablotoona, 180 T-stat, 3.06 Getrag.