Eco Mode help - Dodge Charger Forums
Charger Problems/Assistance You having problems with your Charger? Check and see if it is a common problem and get answers here.

 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 10-29-2010, 11:51 AM Thread Starter
SXT2010
Senior Member
 
SXT2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Fort Morgan CO
Posts: 215
(Thread Starter)
Eco Mode help

I have a 2010 sxt charger and i want to know how i know if eco mode is on, i dont have the fancy dash mine just says what gear im on and the miles on the car but if i hit the trip button 3 times i get it says eco, so does that mean its one and if i hit it again it it show the miles so is it off or do i have to do something again to turn it off. I know this sound like a stupid question but the last car i had was a 96 pontiac firebird and those cars where not that fancy.
SXT2010 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 Old 10-29-2010, 02:21 PM
Jonny
Supporting Member (Lifetime)
 
Jonny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 8,720
Quote:
Originally Posted by SXT2010 View Post
I have a 2010 sxt charger and i want to know how i know if eco mode is on, i dont have the fancy dash mine just says what gear im on and the miles on the car but if i hit the trip button 3 times i get it says eco, so does that mean its one and if i hit it again it it show the miles so is it off or do i have to do something again to turn it off. I know this sound like a stupid question but the last car i had was a 96 pontiac firebird and those cars where not that fancy.
"Eco" = economy mode. This means you are driving in a fuel efficient manner. In the Hemi it is also when the engine has cut power in 4 cylinders to save fuel.

Light foot on the throttle = Eco light/mode on.

Lead foot, going up hill = Eco light/mode off.

I am the Stig

2010 R/T DWBlue, 2800 PI stall, Homemade CAI, JBA headers and mids, SLP LMII catback, Custom tune by Diablotoona, 180 T-stat, 3.06 Getrag.
Jonny is offline  
post #3 of 7 Old 11-01-2010, 07:32 PM Thread Starter
SXT2010
Senior Member
 
SXT2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Fort Morgan CO
Posts: 215
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny View Post
"Eco" = economy mode. This means you are driving in a fuel efficient manner. In the Hemi it is also when the engine has cut power in 4 cylinders to save fuel.

Light foot on the throttle = Eco light/mode on.

Lead foot, going up hill = Eco light/mode off.
Just to make sure i get this right i dont have to push the trip reset button i will do it its self? Or is the eco mode just to tell me when i am driving eco friendly
SXT2010 is offline  
post #4 of 7 Old 11-01-2010, 07:35 PM
Blunt
Senior Member
 
Blunt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Reseda, Ca
Posts: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by SXT2010 View Post
Just to make sure i get this right i dont have to push the trip reset button i will do it its self? Or is the eco mode just to tell me when i am driving eco friendly
yup it just tells you. you can see the difference if you are driving with a light foot and then floor it the eco will go off.

light foot "eco on" (on the dash)
lead foot "eco" (on dash)
Blunt is offline  
post #5 of 7 Old 11-01-2010, 08:41 PM Thread Starter
SXT2010
Senior Member
 
SXT2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Fort Morgan CO
Posts: 215
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blunt View Post
yup it just tells you. you can see the difference if you are driving with a light foot and then floor it the eco will go off.

light foot "eco on" (on the dash)
lead foot "eco" (on dash)
thanks
SXT2010 is offline  
post #6 of 7 Old 11-17-2012, 01:50 PM
OlivierYul
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SXT2010 View Post
thanks
Hello,

just went to the dealer with my 2009 Charger 3.5l and they did a flash on my PCM. I now have the ''eco'' icon on my dash.

My question is: Its never written: ''eco on'' when I'm driving in town even if I'm driving smoothly'' ... Is it the same for you?

thanks!
OlivierYul is offline  
post #7 of 7 Old 01-14-2013, 07:31 AM
djtuzik
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: North Jersey
Posts: 678
Fellas is there an RPM range at which the eco light (mds) shuts off?
djtuzik is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Charger Problems/Assistance

Quick Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode


Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Popular Mechanics Eco+Muscle Challenger 5.7L R/T MrDolomite Performance Discussion/Modifications 3 05-19-2009 09:29 PM
fuelsaver/eco mode? Agent 009 General Charger Discussion 6 01-09-2009 12:20 PM
The eco friendly thread wickedchargerrt Off-Topic 7 04-27-2008 07:31 PM
20 ECO Wheels w/ Tires Magnum/Charger/300c rrdrummer5 Parts For Sale/Wanted 2 05-16-2007 09:40 PM
Forget manual mode, give me a sport mode! MCaesar Charger SRT-8 Discussion 40 02-12-2006 02:48 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome