Dash lights flashing after oil change..?? - Dodge Charger Forums
Are you interested in the Dodge Challenger? Visit the Challenger Forum @ ChallengerTalk.com for your Dodge Challenger information!
Dodge Charger Forum Header Dodge Charger Header Right

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Charger Problems/Assistance

Charger Problems/Assistance You having problems with your Charger? Check and see if it is a common problem and get answers here.

ChargerForums.com is the premier Dodge Charger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 10-18-2010, 04:59 PM

Send a message via AIM to Haf-A-Mil
Dash lights flashing after oil change..??

Hello all,

First off I'd like to say thanks for all the help thats available on this forum. It's helped me out a whole lot. Well I have a 2006 Dodge Charger SE, I'm at about 58k miles. So wanting to be more handy with my car I did my first oil change about 2 weeks ago. Prior to me doing this oil change, I've been letting my local shop do them. They use the Mobil1 synthetic oil (5w-20) with a mobil1 filter (M1-204). So this was the same stuff I bought at my local auto parts store to do my oil change. Real easy job didn't have any issues. So about 2 days later after I did the oil change my dash lights start flashing (like how when you turn on your car). They stay on for a brief moment and then go off. And then maybe a little while later it will happen again. Then there are some days it doesn't happen at all. Was there something else I was supposed to do during the oil change that would cause the lights to flash? Or maybe just a coincidence it started happening around the same time? I read somewhere that maybe some wiring could be loose or some condensation build up somewhere could be the cause. Maybe this has happend to someone else and someone knows the answer. Thanks in advance for any help.

Last edited by Haf-A-Mil; 10-18-2010 at 05:01 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2010, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haf-A-Mil View Post
Hello all,

First off I'd like to say thanks for all the help thats available on this forum. It's helped me out a whole lot. Well I have a 2006 Dodge Charger SE, I'm at about 58k miles. So wanting to be more handy with my car I did my first oil change about 2 weeks ago. Prior to me doing this oil change, I've been letting my local shop do them. They use the Mobil1 synthetic oil (5w-20) with a mobil1 filter (M1-204). So this was the same stuff I bought at my local auto parts store to do my oil change. Real easy job didn't have any issues. So about 2 days later after I did the oil change my dash lights start flashing (like how when you turn on your car). They stay on for a brief moment and then go off. And then maybe a little while later it will happen again. Then there are some days it doesn't happen at all. Was there something else I was supposed to do during the oil change that would cause the lights to flash? Or maybe just a coincidence it started happening around the same time? I read somewhere that maybe some wiring could be loose or some condensation build up somewhere could be the cause. Maybe this has happend to someone else and someone knows the answer. Thanks in advance for any help.
What all cluster lights come on?

***My YouTube Channel...ENJOY!***
Tank: 2006 Dodge Charger V8 Hemi 5.7L R/T R&T
K&N Cold Air Intake, Custom R/T Floor Mats, Chin Spoiler, Kenwood X994, Image Dynamics 6x9s, Sundown Audio 8" sub
Twitch: 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie Edition 4x4 5.7L HEMI
Old 10-19-2010, 08:13 AM

Send a message via AIM to Haf-A-Mil
The lights that come on are the same ones when starting the car. So, its the battery light, seatbelt light, washer fluid, oil light, the red dot to the far left, etc. All of the needles got the far left like when the car is shut off. Then they reregister (so the mph's go back to where they were, the thermostart goes back to the middle, and the gas needle goes back to the correct reading as well). One other thing, it did it alot this morning on the way into work. I did the key trick ACC, ON..blah blah and got the code 110A. Happen to know what that code refers to? I googled it and couldn't find a thing about 110A. Hope this helps, any ideas?
Old 10-19-2010, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haf-A-Mil View Post
The lights that come on are the same ones when starting the car. So, its the battery light, seatbelt light, washer fluid, oil light, the red dot to the far left, etc. All of the needles got the far left like when the car is shut off. Then they reregister (so the mph's go back to where they were, the thermostart goes back to the middle, and the gas needle goes back to the correct reading as well). One other thing, it did it alot this morning on the way into work. I did the key trick ACC, ON..blah blah and got the code 110A. Happen to know what that code refers to? I googled it and couldn't find a thing about 110A. Hope this helps, any ideas?
Only thing I could come up with is Lost communication with SCCM. Sometimes if the battery is disconnected, you need to recalibrate the steering angle sensor. Just start the car and turn the steering wheel lock to lock.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Charger Problems/Assistance

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.