Parking lot curb stops and repetitive stupidity - Dodge Charger Forums
General Charger Discussion General Discussion about the Dodge Charger.

#1 Old 10-05-2010, 12:36 PM
hendge

(Thread Starter)
Parking lot curb stops and repetitive stupidity

I am just really angry with myself! Never had a vehicle that sits as low as the SRT. From day one i have been battling curb stops and really any larger dips, uneven terrain leaving/entering parking lots etc...

I must have told myself a hundred times to back in or don't pull up too far! Been about 6 months with no incidents...Friday night i pull up too far and immediately hear it. I try to back up a little bit and the sound of my car being destroyed is killing me. I get out thinking maybe 190 less lbs will raise it enough to clear...no luck.

Bottome line is that this is the worst damage yet. The whole front underbody is now deformed and where it caught hangs about an inch from the ground. I try to manipulate the plastic back into place but it bounces back.

New fascias are about a grand + paint. I keep thinkingking maybe 'Mopower' will produce his, that could be a making a good out of a bad situation. Not sure if or when or how much though...

It's really just the underside, so doesnt particulary need a replacement nor do i want to shell out the dollars if it's unnecessary. Wondering if anyone has ideas/solutions for a cheap fix? Im thinking if i somehow heated the plastic it could then be maneuvered back into place?

Former owner of an'06 RTw/R&T: Headers, 1st Love.
Current DD '10 Xterra: Drop In-Filter, BDGT, Tires
Pride&Joy '08 B5 Bee#186: Workin on Beeeing d'best
"How far you fall is directly proportionate to how much you give, in an unhealthy way"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-05-2010, 12:50 PM
RAINMANyeh

A couple of pics would help..... but from what you described, heating the plastic and bending back into "shape" might be a temp fix as it will most likely have a semi permanent crease. Have you checked into some of the scrap yards or "pull-a-part" lots to see if they have a SRT that was hit hard in the rear, but the front end was left untouched?

2014 Plum Crazy R&T STP
2007 TorRed R&T - gone but not forgotten

Get in, sit down, shut up and hold on!!!

You can't buy happiness, but you can buy a HEMI and that's kind of the same thing.
#3 Old 10-05-2010, 01:01 PM
InvictuSRT8
Supporting Member (Lifetime)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to InvictuSRT8
i hear ya man, mine sits warped now too especially because i have no belly pan on. not sure if we're talking the same but basically the part where the fascia folds back going towards the car has bowed downwards. (and is scraped to hell). heating could definitely get it back into place

I've seen SRT fascias on ebay that are apparently OEM for only $300 (unpainted). I'll pm u a link when i get home if i cant find the link on this comp
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	8.2 KB
ID:	55504  

A modded 06' 370 & an 07' 426
Build Thread/Pikturez, My YouTube
#4 Old 10-05-2010, 01:34 PM
hendge

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAINMANyeh View Post
A couple of pics would help..... but from what you described, heating the plastic and bending back into "shape" might be a temp fix as it will most likely have a semi permanent crease. Have you checked into some of the scrap yards or "pull-a-part" lots to see if they have a SRT that was hit hard in the rear, but the front end was left untouched?
I have a growing list for a slavage yard...unfortunately the exclusivity of the color makes alot of parts cost prohibitive due to then having to paint. I also need a rear seat cushion from a B5 Bee badly! Thanks for the input nonetheless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InvictuSRT8 View Post
i hear ya man, mine sits warped now too especially because i have no belly pan on. not sure if we're talking the same but basically the part where the fascia folds back going towards the car has bowed downwards. (and is scraped to hell). heating could definitely get it back into place

I've seen SRT fascias on ebay that are apparently OEM for only $300 (unpainted). I'll pm u a link when i get home if i cant find the link on this comp
Nice, UTCIVNI! You hit it with the diagram. It just looks crazy from the front now...also yeah teh belly pan is hanging in just barely and the brake ducts are also out of whack! $300 is a good deal. Info Please!
#5 Old 10-05-2010, 01:36 PM
Vito

Send a message via AIM to Vito
sucks mannn

I really Hate Mustangs, Especially Cobras
True||Street||Cars
1000+ RWHP Twin Turbo SRT-8 In The Making
#6 Old 10-05-2010, 01:41 PM
hendge

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vito99 View Post
sucks mannn
Yep...ruined my night.

Thanks for commiserating Bro!
#7 Old 10-05-2010, 01:42 PM
DanPop

Sorry about the damage. Of course everyone is different heights and has seats set differently but when pulling up to a curb I stop when the sight of the top corner of the curb clears the underside of my drivers side mirror. It always leaves me about 1 foot from the curb.

2007 TorRed R/T, Predator 93 CAI, Jet 180, Hood Struts, C&L CAI, Black Honeycomb Grille w/R/T badge, Chin Spoiler, BT Catch Can, BT Black Ball Shift Knob, Sequential Tails, Blinker Mod, Blastin' Bobs 6db.
#8 Old 10-05-2010, 01:43 PM
7six2x51

DUDE!!! i just did the same thing two days ago. after a whole year of being careful...i pull in 6 inches too far and dont realise it till i go to back out......now it looks like CRAP. if you find a way to fix it before i do let me know.....

2008 SUPERBEE #33/1000
Predator 93 octane CAI tune, 180* thermostat, lots of BT goodies, color matched interior bezels, 275 Nitto Invos, more mod's to come very soon!
"A hero is no braver than an ordinary man, but he is braver five minutes longer." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson~
"The saddest thing in life is wasted talent."
~quote from the movie: A Bronx Tale~
#9 Old 10-05-2010, 02:00 PM
DiBBs

Those curb stops are the devil.
What was the city thinking when they put those there

--2006 Brilliant Black V6 2.7L Charger
Mods Done--15% tint All around--Demolded--6000k Xenons--SoundSystem -- HoneyComb Grille Insert -- Rear Spoiler -- Tinted Corner Lenses -- BT Visor Disguisers -- Anzo LED Tail Lights
Mods to do-- Danko Chin Spoiler(Delivered)--20" rims--B/B Leather seats
--Flowmaster 40 Series Exhaust, Big Bully CAI
#10 Old 10-06-2010, 10:55 AM
MrDolomite

It must be something in the fall air that feels the need to eat SRT fascias, because I just scraped the left lower front on a curb. Didn't bend the plastic or eat a belly pan, but deep enough I can feel the scratches and saw the paint left on the cement.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > General Charger Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List