P2173 High Air Flow Detected - Dodge Charger Forums
Charger Problems/Assistance You having problems with your Charger? Check and see if it is a common problem and get answers here.

#1 Old 09-14-2010, 11:00 PM
c-Dub

(Thread Starter)
P2173 High Air Flow Detected

OK, I started flipping this code about a month ago. I finally took the time to read up and I'm beginning to belive I may have a vacuum leak.

Generally what happens is after driving on the freeway for anywhere between 8 and 20 miles, the car will loose power, idle rough and high (about 1500 rpm). I've noticed that it usually seems to happen when I let off of the throttle to coast when traffic slows. Turn the key off/on and all returns to normal.

So my question is......could this be the throttle body? I didn't consider a vacuum leak until tonight. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance guys!

Black SRT8 Option Groups I, II, and III. Techco Supercharger, Indy-Ported/polished Heads w/Titanimum Retainers, 4130 Push Rods, and a Comp Cams XFI 268 cam. Diablo Sport with Custom tune by Techco and E-Cut Outs (just for fun).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-15-2010, 01:31 PM
richd

Here is the cause of your code,it mentions MAP,and TPS:

Trouble Code: P2173

High Airflow/Vacuum Leak Detected (Slow Accumulation)

Trouble Code Conditions:Ignition is on and engine running with no MAP Sensor DTCs present. A large vacuum leak has been detected or both of the TP Sensors have failed, based on their position being 2.5v and the calculated MAP value is less than the Gas Flow Adaptation value.
Possible Causes:

Vacuum leak
5v supply circuit has high resistance or is shorted to ground
MAP signal circuit has high resistance or is shorted to ground
TP Sensor ground circuit has high resistance
TP Sensor signal circuit is shorted to ground
TP Sensor return circuit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Charger Problems/Assistance

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List