Does the Dodge Charger Require a Remote Start Bypass Module? - Dodge Charger Forums
Are you interested in the Dodge Challenger? Visit the Challenger Forum @ ChallengerTalk.com for your Dodge Challenger information!

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Audio - Alarms - Navigation - Electronics

Audio - Alarms - Navigation - Electronics Member discussions about Charger audio, alarm and navigation systems and other electronics take place here

ChargerForums.com is the premier Dodge Charger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 09-06-2010, 11:27 PM

Does the Dodge Charger Require a Remote Start Bypass Module?

So I'm looking into an alarm system, and I'm thinking that I'm going to go with viper, simply because everyone I know that has one is very satisfied, and from what I can tell they have a pretty solid reputation. But I'm wondering about something, on the website they said that some cars require a bypass module to allow for remote start. Do dodge chargers have that?

Also, we don't need the solenoid for the trunk pop do we? Ours are already motorized, right?

Thanks in advance for your answers!!!!

Old 09-07-2010, 05:07 AM
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporting Member

depending on the remote start it may require a bypass, which is generally considered a bad idea. Right now, your car can not be hotwired, bypass module will make it easy. Mopar remote start will work with the existing electronics.

Trunk is not motorized.

aka THO.R
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08 Stoned Charger View Post
I have a name for the 3 new mods...............Druken Purple Pirates!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daytona606 View Post
American Muscle, like a pit bull. Big but not large, well defined, explosive power, in it till the end. The cat will give it go and zig and zag, but in the end the pit bull will always catch the cat the outcome is never good for the cat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2010, 09:44 AM

awee... Okay. Not exactly the answers I wanted to hear, but thanks! I couldn't find them anywhere else! You're awesome!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Audio - Alarms - Navigation - Electronics

Tags
alarm, viper

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.