Boost 2.7L V6 Performance - Dodge Charger Forums
Performance Discussion/Modifications Discuss any performance modification in this section.

#1 Old 07-23-2010, 09:26 PM
jDoom

(Thread Starter)
Boost 2.7L V6 Performance

I own a 2008 Standard Edition Dodge Charger. I don't know much about cars but I learn as I work on it. I haven't started anything yet but once I get everything in it's place, it's going to happen. Other than speaking of boosting HP with air intakes since i know about it already, what else could I use/do to boost it's performance in HP, Torque, and Gas Mileage? I refuse to put a turbo in this car. I want to get the most out of my car cause 178 HP and the type of engine I have feels like a small penis. Other than just getting a Hemi or something big. I'd rather have a small penis that can do much more.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-23-2010, 09:31 PM
blackspeeddevil

there is not much you can do besides add an intake and add exhaust.. maybe a ported throttle body but that might not be a big off hp gain..

Mods:24'' rims, 12" Kicker CVX,750 watts x1 kicker amp,20% tint,daytona chin spoiler,sequential lights,Borla Exhaust,K&N CAI, jba headers,smoked taillights,HIDs, 2 9.2'' Headrests,SRT8 hood,GRIP front bumper, SRT rear bumper,Eibach springs,Suede healiner, suede pillars, and red LED halos,2010 tails color matched, keyhole rear camera, KONI STR dampers, slotted drilled rotors, shaved doors
#3 Old 07-23-2010, 09:43 PM
jDoom

(Thread Starter)
I figured. I think more can be done. I've seen people buying at least $3k worth of stuff they put in/swap out of their cars to boost their racing performance. My car can't even do burn outs. That's just depressing.
#4 Old 07-24-2010, 11:08 AM
seanism

Did you think about that when you bought it? I'm not trying to be a **** just curious. I was going back and forth between the 3.5 and the 5.7 and I figured go with the 5.7 cause its not that much of a MPG loss and I won't have any thoughts of regret later.
#5 Old 07-24-2010, 12:18 PM
jDoom

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanism View Post
Did you think about that when you bought it? I'm not trying to be a **** just curious. I was going back and forth between the 3.5 and the 5.7 and I figured go with the 5.7 cause its not that much of a MPG loss and I won't have any thoughts of regret later.
Not really. This is my first car. I really appreciate this car because in all honesty, my mom got this for me. I just graduated high school last year [2009] and I'm only/just turned 20. Life is life, you get what you get. The most you can do is get the most out of it. That's my plan.
#6 Old 07-24-2010, 12:29 PM
InvictuSRT8
Supporting Member (Lifetime)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to InvictuSRT8
No one really makes motor mods for the 2.7, maybe talk to Stu at Inertia Motorsports. He's one of the main motor work guys for the 3.5's (as well as the Hemi's). He might be able to build something for ya but you're not gonna get your money's worth in a money/HP gain ratio. The 2.7 just isn't a performance motor, your best bet is to do the intake, exhaust, maybe some custom oil/lubricants from BND automotive, then get it looking a sounding good.

A modded 06' 370 & an 07' 426
Build Thread/Pikturez, My YouTube
#7 Old 07-25-2010, 06:32 PM
seanism

Congrats on the present. I'd take a Charger 2.7 as a grad present over a corolla any day.

I agree with the above poster. Get it sounding a little nicer and call it a day. You'd be wasting your money trying to add some pep to that car. Drive more conservatively also. If you don't drive it like its a race car people won't try to race ya in it (hopefully)
#8 Old 07-26-2010, 11:11 AM
Sublimeon22s

As stated, besides an air intake and exhaust, there isnt really much you can do to a 2.7, and those mods will mostly be for sound.....no one makes anything for it b/c there is no market for it.........id just focus on appearance mods

2007 Sublime Daytona #667 - FLXC member
now on 24" Status Symbols wrapped in Toyo 265/25/zr24 proxes 4s
#9 Old 07-26-2010, 11:29 AM
Stumblin Steve
Supporting Member (Lifetime)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jDoom View Post
Not really. This is my first car. I really appreciate this car because in all honesty, my mom got this for me. I just graduated high school last year [2009] and I'm only/just turned 20. Life is life, you get what you get. The most you can do is get the most out of it. That's my plan.
Stick to aesthetics, like the others said your performance choices are pretty slim, be sure to check out the Comprehensive V6 Performance Thread

That'll tell you everything you need to know performance wise for your 2.7L Good luck!

Just your friendly neighborhood...Charger
'08 SXT Bright Silver. Dark slate interior. OEM MOPAR pedals/hood struts/CAI/Chin Spoiler. R/T true dual exhaust w/ Magnaflow tips. SRT8 rear diffuser. Predator 93 Tune. Lots of B.T. Stuff!
Comprehensive V6 Performance Thread
Join the Photoshop/Artist Group! Silver Chargers!!! & Virginia Chargers
#10 Old 07-27-2010, 11:53 AM
CentralNJRT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jDoom View Post
I refuse to put a turbo in this car.
Even with a Turbo you'd barely be putting 200 to the wheels (Stock 06-08 R/T puts about 270-280 to the wheels). Heres a 2.7 with 3.5lbs of boost. You might make 270-280 with about 10-12 lbs of boost, but I'd be afraid to throw more than 6lbs at a stock 2.7

Theres a guy who goes by BigEd on here who has a 2.7 that puts down180 HP...that's more than a 3.5 will put down if Im not mistaken.

Here's his mods: MagnaFlow Cat Back, Legmaker Made CarbonFiber Intake, 71mm ThrottleBody, custom B&G tuned PCM

Not sure how much the PCM will run you, but the other stuff shouldn't cost more than $1500.

Magnesium Pearl '06 R/T
AFE Stage II---JBA Shorites---High Flow Cats---180 Jet Thermo---Diablo---Blacked out emblems---Black honey comb grille---Black LED tails

Full BND Fluids, Quantum Blue Oil, Gear Lube, Trans Fluid, ACES IV, Power Steering, Coolant.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Performance Discussion/Modifications

Tags
2.7l, boost, charger, dodge, performance

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List