Firing order of 5.7 HEMI? - Dodge Charger Forums
General Charger Discussion General Discussion about the Dodge Charger.

#1 Old 07-18-2010, 09:31 PM
hjriveraRT

(Thread Starter)
Firing order of 5.7 HEMI?

Hi guys!! I'm wondering what is the firing order for the HEMI 5.7, while on full use of all cylinders and with MDS. Also, which is the cylinder position for the same engine... because I changed the spark plugs and want to know which cylinders had clean combustion vs some oil residues. Help is appreciated.

2008 Bright Silver R/T Road & Track Edition, full equipped
MODS: 40% tint all, LED Interior lights, BT Oil Catch Can, K&N drop-in air filter, Projectors with Halos and HIDs (5000K lows and 6000K fogs), driver's door handle w/o key cylinder, reverse HIDs w/remote, hood struts.
QuantumBlue
custom blended oil and ACES IV

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-18-2010, 09:44 PM
alberni_charger_R/T

#3 Old 07-18-2010, 10:06 PM
hjriveraRT

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by alberni_charger_R/T View Post
Nice help, now I need the cylinders position and the firing order while the MDS is operating. Help, I didn't found this info using the search on this site...
#4 Old 07-19-2010, 12:35 AM
mnunes
Supporting Member (Lifetime)

The cylinders are numbered from front to rear; 1, 3, 5, 7 on the left bank and 2, 4, 6, 8 on the right bank. The firing order is 1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2.

Cylinders 1,4,6, and 7 get deactivated when in MDS mode. I'm not aware of any change in firing order while in MDS mode.
#5 Old 07-19-2010, 12:18 PM
hjriveraRT

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnunes View Post
The cylinders are numbered from front to rear; 1, 3, 5, 7 on the left bank and 2, 4, 6, 8 on the right bank. The firing order is 1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2.

Cylinders 1,4,6, and 7 get deactivated when in MDS mode. I'm not aware of any change in firing order while in MDS mode.
This info definitely answer my questions!!! Thanks Mnunes, your information is very valuable to identify the removed spark plugs condition, due to a code shown about the 8th cylinder misfire. Definitely, the spark plugs change has made a BIG difference!! Now the idle is very smooth, and the car is more responsive when needed. I didn't know how important the plugs could be for the HEMI performance...

#6 Old 09-17-2011, 01:13 PM
desertcharger
Supporting Member

Good info- thanks!

2008 SRT8 Charger Intune 91octCAI and AFE so far 13.6 @ 103 DA 5425

R.I.P Supercharged 2007 Charger R/T R&T
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > General Charger Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List