HELP!!! 6 Disc CD Changer "Disc Read Error" - Dodge Charger Forums
Are you interested in the Dodge Challenger? Visit the Challenger Forum @ ChallengerTalk.com for your Dodge Challenger information!

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Audio - Alarms - Navigation - Electronics

Audio - Alarms - Navigation - Electronics Member discussions about Charger audio, alarm and navigation systems and other electronics take place here

ChargerForums.com is the premier Dodge Charger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 07-10-2010, 07:21 AM

Unhappy HELP!!! 6 Disc CD Changer "Disc Read Error"

OK so I was driving my car last night, comin home from work, music was playin, no problem, shut my car off. I went out this morning and got in my car, and all of a sudden it is saying "Disc Read Error".

It stays on Disc number 4, it will not play ANY cd's (including disc 4) and even worse, it wont even eject any CD's. They are all just stuck in there, I can hear the mechanical noise like it is trying to change discs or eject them, but nothing happens, it always goes back to disc 4 and "disc read error". The radio works.

It is the factory six disc changer, no navigation or anything like that, just CD/MP3. I have never had any problem with the CD player before.

Someone PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE offer a solution to this, ANY input is appreciated. I can't live without my music haha.

I have been googling and googling with no real help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2010, 10:53 AM

someone PLEASE help me out.
Old 07-11-2010, 07:12 AM

seriously... nobody?

I tried unhooking the battery and I have also taken the fuse out, that didnt work. Plus now the ESP BAS and the ESP "car swerving" light is on constant. Awesome
Old 07-12-2010, 07:06 AM

got rid of those ESP lights....

seriously can anyone help me? should I of put this in the trouble/problems forum
Old 07-12-2010, 08:50 AM

I had the same issue when my car was brand new in June 2005- it was an RAK unit. The dealer had to replace it.
Poor Man's mods: Auto Headlights/Hood Struts/Visor Stickers/Bumper Scratch fix (O-rings)/Lock Pin O-rings/Blinker Mod/RD Hardwire/Cabin Air Filter/Storage Compartment/Blue Calipers/Honeycomb Grill Insert w/R/T Badge/Belly Pan Mod/GTS rain guards/aFe drop-in air filter/Gorilla Lug Nuts/Rear Blinker Mod/Backup Camera/Fumoto valve/PAC Audio media input/Challenger rims
Old 07-12-2010, 08:56 AM

thanks a million for the reply, what if I have no warranty left? is this something like a defect that they will replace do u know? or is it gonna cost me.

think I am better off going with a single disc player?
Old 07-12-2010, 09:06 AM

You're going to need a hammer (preferrably one with a claw) and about $400 dollars.
(My name is Mike) Black 06 R/T, Black BOSS 338s, smoked LED tails, AAC Dual Halo (red/blue), AEM Brute CAI, BBK 85MM TB, Predator 91 CAI tune, 180 t-stat, TranZformer Shift Kit, ACES IV, BT Catch-can, Borla 125, JBA catless mids, (Eibach Anti-roll kit, and SLP underdrive pulley waiting for install) custom front emblem, Danko chin, Danko 345Hemi badges, 2" cowl ram air hood with pins // (stereo equip) Nation's 290amp alternator, 2000w Alpine amp, 200w & 400w mid amps, Memphis 6x9s, 2x Kicker 12" L7s, Rockford Fosgate hybrid cap
-machine gun turret sold separately
Old 07-12-2010, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi_Infantry View Post
You're going to need a hammer (preferrably one with a claw) and about $400 dollars.
and a bucket because damn I am about to get sick haha
Old 07-12-2010, 09:54 AM

I rode around with the 6-disc changer for about a month before putting in my stereo system. It's ok, but the only real benefit is the steeing wheel controls. I have a feeling that if an internal part has failed, that it would be easier/cheaper to install a new car stereo. I only use ones with USB connections because I always make my CDs skip.
Old 01-12-2011, 06:50 PM

No Answer to this one? I had the identical CD changer problem. Exactly the same thing happened to me. MY problem is worse, because 2 od the CDs were borrowed from the library. I'm not going to be able to return the CDs, and will have to buy them . HELLLLLPPP!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Audio - Alarms - Navigation - Electronics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.