How much should a reflash cost? - Dodge Charger Forums
Are you interested in the Dodge Challenger? Visit the Challenger Forum @ ChallengerTalk.com for your Dodge Challenger information!

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > General Charger Discussion

ChargerForums.com is the premier Dodge Charger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 07-01-2010, 08:46 PM

Send a message via AIM to Hell Driver
How much should a reflash cost?

Hey all
I gotta have my PCM reflashed. One of my plugs had gone bad and the computer started relearning and adjusting.
After a month I replaced the plugs and I guess the bad plug had caused this ugly idling.
Now I want to reflash my PCM to get my computer to start over.
I went to the local dealer and they said I need to set an appointment a couple days in advance and it will cost me $190. Is that right?
RWHP 299.5 @ ~5250 RPM
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/459468/2006-dodge-charger
http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1820&dateline=1157869  854

Last edited by Hell Driver; 07-01-2010 at 08:49 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2010, 08:50 PM
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporting Member

BS

pull the battery cable for 15 minutes

aka THO.R
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08 Stoned Charger View Post
I have a name for the 3 new mods...............Druken Purple Pirates!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daytona606 View Post
American Muscle, like a pit bull. Big but not large, well defined, explosive power, in it till the end. The cat will give it go and zig and zag, but in the end the pit bull will always catch the cat the outcome is never good for the cat.
Old 07-02-2010, 05:22 AM
Lifetime Supporting Member

Part Deux is absolutely correct, if brief. The PCM's flash memory is only modified when a new program is flashed in. This is done either by the dealership with a StarScan device or with a custom programmer such as the DiabloSport Predator.

On the other hand, learned adaptives are stored in volatile memory that is not flash memory, and is lost when you drop battery power. That's what you want.

Now, it's entirely possible you might benefit from a flash to a newer PCM code for other reasons, but for what's stated... no.
2008 Brilliant Black R/T R&T w/SRT body.114 LSA cam. Borla 125 catback. JBA shorty headers. Aluminum rear-window louvers, custom vented fenders. Front & rear LED halos, Tinted tails. Toyo Proxes 4 245 front 275 rear.
Billet Tech: BSG62 hood & tail emblems, wheel-centers, visor covers, fuse box cover. Custom CHARGER badge. Shifter plate. Frankintake. Satin door locks & pull-rings, engine kit, coil-pack & valve covers.
Old 07-02-2010, 07:06 AM

Send a message via MSN to KStryker Send a message via Yahoo to KStryker
I agree!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part Deux View Post
BS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anguish View Post
Part Deux is absolutely correct, if brief. The PCM's flash memory is only modified when a new program is flashed in. This is done either by the dealership with a StarScan device or with a custom programmer such as the DiabloSport Predator.

On the other hand, learned adaptives are stored in volatile memory that is not flash memory, and is lost when you drop battery power. That's what you want.

Now, it's entirely possible you might benefit from a flash to a newer PCM code for other reasons, but for what's stated... no.

TorRed 2007 Charger R/T, Hemi Registry #1060
Appearance: Painted SRT8 Rims/Spoiler; Daytona Grill w/ SRT8 Fascia; CBD CF SRT8 Hood; Painted Calipers; R/T Badge on Fenders; Ridergraphix Decals; Dabears 12000k Lows/Fogs; AAC Halos; Billet Tech Goodies.
Performance: aFe Stage II CAI, Diablo Predator Perf CAI 93, SRT Suspension, Corsa Xtreme.
Old 07-02-2010, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part Deux View Post
BS

yah just brain dead her for a while and let it relearn. Hell if you do ever need to get a flash update the book time is only .5hrs so $190 is a lil redic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > General Charger Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.