How to change sparkplugs in 3.5 litre - Dodge Charger Forums
Charger Problems/Assistance You having problems with your Charger? Check and see if it is a common problem and get answers here.

#1 Old 06-22-2010, 07:59 PM
frankiee

(Thread Starter)
How to change sparkplugs in 3.5 litre

I am going to change my spark-plugs in my 06 Charger SXT that has a 3.5 litre engine.
I can get 2 of them out no problem but the rest look like I have to take the intake manifold off.
Is that right?
What about vacuum leaks when I put it together again?
Is it as bad as it looks?
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-22-2010, 08:59 PM
carmodeler340

Something I would like to know also.

MODS TO THE BLUEKNIGHT,Billet Tec{MOPAR}Nose Badge{Thanks Nick},Dual in dual out Xlerator Performance muffler & 4in' tips ,SRT Rims,Window Tint,MOPAR Performance Windshield Decal,Mopar Overlay On 3rd Brake Light,Thats All 4 Now(Coming Soon-Color Matched & Tinted Tails){Thanks Nick}.Sig by AreTee==Thanks Agian Man You Rock:
#3 Old 06-22-2010, 09:50 PM
TIZ

Do a thread search, there are instructions out there.

I replaced mine about 2 weeks ago, it took a little over an hour with patience and regular hand tools. The only thing to watch is when re-installing the upper intake manifold make sure you seat the egr tube and gasket completely into the manifold.

[B]2007 Black Pearl SE, 3.5L : Hood Struts, Mopar CAI, Tint, Demoulded, driving lights (in place of the fogs),Diablosport Predator.
#4 Old 06-22-2010, 09:53 PM
TIZ

The manifold does have a rubber gasket that you would probably not need to replace when doing this, but I had purchased one when I got my new plugs so I put it in...

Once the manifold is off, the plugs are all very easy to replace.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Charger Problems/Assistance

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List