P0325-knock Sensor 1 Circuit - Dodge Charger Forums
Charger Problems/Assistance You having problems with your Charger? Check and see if it is a common problem and get answers here.

#1 Old 06-21-2010, 10:50 PM
Bad Mojo

(Thread Starter)
P0325-knock Sensor 1 Circuit

I just bought an 08 Charger and have an extended warranty. It runs like a champ. This code will throw and I notice no difference in performance. After three drive cycles the code clears itself and the MIL goes off. Took it to dealer twice, first time code was just reset. Second time light had come on and cleared itself but I took it back anyways. Mechanics took it for a few days, drove it and could not get the code to throw. Discovered the AC clutch was cycling and was low on freon, so added freon and said let them know if it comes on. 30 mins after leaving dealer it came on again, same code. drove all weekend and code cleared itself. Code came on again this afternoon, I did three more drive cycles and the code is cleared again. This is after finding out I wasn't able to drop the car off tonight. So I am at a loss. I'm thinking faulty sensor or maybe adjustment due to altitude, possibly. I bought in Colorado Springs, carfax says its a Florida car. Mechanic is reluctant to dig unless the light is on, but it clears before I can get it to them. Any thoughts? Thanks

08 Charger, 2.7L, 44k. No mods.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-21-2010, 11:32 PM
richd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Mojo View Post
I just bought an 08 Charger and have an extended warranty. It runs like a champ. This code will throw and I notice no difference in performance. After three drive cycles the code clears itself and the MIL goes off. Took it to dealer twice, first time code was just reset. Second time light had come on and cleared itself but I took it back anyways. Mechanics took it for a few days, drove it and could not get the code to throw. Discovered the AC clutch was cycling and was low on freon, so added freon and said let them know if it comes on. 30 mins after leaving dealer it came on again, same code. drove all weekend and code cleared itself. Code came on again this afternoon, I did three more drive cycles and the code is cleared again. This is after finding out I wasn't able to drop the car off tonight. So I am at a loss. I'm thinking faulty sensor or maybe adjustment due to altitude, possibly. I bought in Colorado Springs, carfax says its a Florida car. Mechanic is reluctant to dig unless the light is on, but it clears before I can get it to them. Any thoughts? Thanks

08 Charger, 2.7L, 44k. No mods.

Do you hear any pinging when your driving or accelerate?I would check and make sure you have a good connection with the wiring,Here are causes of you code:

Possible Causes:

Knock Sensor connector is damaged or shorted
Knock Sensor signal circuit open or grounded
Knock Sensor signal circuit shorted to return circuit
Knock Sensor return circuit is open
Knock Sensor not tightened properly
Knock Sensor damaged or has failed
#3 Old 06-21-2010, 11:35 PM
Bad Mojo

(Thread Starter)
I don't think so, I have listened, my dad has, and the mechanic even used a stethoscope and said there wasn't anything. Everything I have read points me to the sensor.
#4 Old 06-22-2010, 05:51 PM
Bad Mojo

(Thread Starter)
Update

Will be taking to Dodge on Thursday night, they say it sounds like sensor also. Will post results. Thanks for the help.
#5 Old 06-25-2010, 04:48 PM
Bad Mojo

(Thread Starter)
Update 2

mechanic has right valve cover and timing cover off.....not to sure I am liking this. However, may be common for this issue. Will update when I know more.
#6 Old 06-25-2010, 06:25 PM
richd

Quote:
mechanic has right valve cover and timing cover off.....not to sure I am liking this. However, may be common for this issue. Will update when I know more.
The knock sensor on the 2.7 is under the throttle body,and intake and fuel inj. plate has to be removed,so it sounds like its not easy job,let us know what happens and thanks for update,Good Luck.
#7 Old 06-28-2010, 06:37 PM
Bad Mojo

(Thread Starter)
ready for this...

so....the top end is shot and the mechanic is awaiting authorization to pull the oil pan to see if the whole engine needs to be replaced. Said it has been oil starved and there are holes in the heads. I have put 400 miles on this car. I did buy an extended warranty/service contract that "covers" everything. My only concern is the warranty saying they won't cover it! They have an inspector on the way and I am awaiting their take on it until I authorize anymore work. very stressed and very concerned.
#8 Old 06-28-2010, 06:58 PM
richd

Quote:
so....the top end is shot and the mechanic is awaiting authorization to pull the oil pan to see if the whole engine needs to be replaced. Said it has been oil starved and there are holes in the heads. I have put 400 miles on this car. I did buy an extended warranty/service contract that "covers" everything. My only concern is the warranty saying they won't cover it! They have an inspector on the way and I am awaiting their take on it until I authorize anymore work. very stressed and very concerned.
If you have a extended warranty,then there may be a deductible you pay.If you just bought this not long ago,then the dealer you bought it from should have given you some kind of a warranty.They have had some problems with the 2.7,and I think they should honor the warranty.Sorry your having this problem,but I think it will be covered,let us know and Good Luck.
#9 Old 06-28-2010, 07:07 PM
Bad Mojo

(Thread Starter)
thanks for the support, yes I have a $100 deductible, but that's nothing compared to an engine overhaul/replacement. That's why you buy a service plan right? I have also spoken to the dealer and they are more than willing to help and assured that they would be very suprised if it was not covered and they would weigh in if it came to that. Will update as I know more.
#10 Old 06-29-2010, 04:58 PM
Bad Mojo

(Thread Starter)
Another update

Ok, the top end is definitely shot, the oil pan is being dropped to determine if a whole engine is required. Claims adjuster has looked at it and "there are no foreseen problems with the warranty honoring the claim at this time". That is what the warranty company told me. So good news, I think. Will know more tomorrow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Charger Problems/Assistance

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List