Coolant Flush help - Dodge Charger Forums
Are you interested in the Dodge Challenger? Visit the Challenger Forum @ ChallengerTalk.com for your Dodge Challenger information!

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger SRT-8 > Charger SRT-8 Discussion

Charger SRT-8 Discussion This area is for discussion involving the SRT-8 version of the Dodge Charger.

ChargerForums.com is the premier Dodge Charger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 04-10-2010, 08:52 AM

Coolant Flush help

Hey guys,

Well I'm an idiot. I got my quantum blue gold yesterday and had plans for my buddy to change it for me. Well he is leaving for Florida for two weeks tomorrow and said he won't be able to do it now until he comes back.

So I said to myself "screw him, I'll do it myself."

So I got my car on ramps and took off the bottom two pieces of plastic and turned the tab to drain the coolant. All is well at this point. While its draining I figured I would come back in and look online on how to get the balance of the coolant out of the block so its completely empty. Well much to my surprise I have found little to no information on how to do this. Now granted it may be there and I am just missing it but, i'm lost. One site tells me there is a drain on the block, another says attach a garden hose, one says to fill with distilled water and let it heat up and drain again.

All of these I have my doubts about. On top of the fact none of them are for srt8's but I cant see how I could get an accurate 50/50 mix if I fill up with water until it runs clear out the drain.

Can anyone help me? Where do I go from here

Thanks,
Dan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2010, 10:07 AM
Supporting Vendor

My Charger: 2006 Dodge Charger SRT8
Dan,

Here is the info that I suggest you use to do the flush. Other than the tap water....which you never use, it is a really good step by step instruction of the change.

Regards

Brian
BND Automotive LLC
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com

http://www.techguys.ca/howto/coolant_flush.html

More Power, More Torque, Better MPGs - It's "Rocket Fuel For Your Car"

Custom Designed & Custom Blended "ALWAYS beats off the shelf brands"

Better cooling, better protection without all "The Gunk"
Old 04-11-2010, 09:29 AM

Well,

Thanks to Brain at BND I got this thing going. He spent OVER 2 hours on the phone with me to help me through the process and was there to help EVERY time I Called. He was amazing.

I had a few problems with the coolant actually going back into the car but somehow it worked out. I have a different coolant bottle for some reason than other 2006's.

All I have to say is if you didn't drink the BND koolaid before, there is no other product or person that I would want to deal with. He isn't just there to sell you a product, he actually will spend time with you to make sure you take car of your car.

To spend two hours with me on the phone, on a beautiful Saturday afternoon no less, made me a customer for life.

Thanks again Brain. And if anyone doesn't believe the service that this man provides or are on the fence on whether his products work feel free to PM me and I will provide you my phone number to call me.

Here are the pictures of the coolant that came out. It was red to start with now its brownish, cloudy, and had white pieces that were floating around in it. After the flushed and having the water boiling over out of the bottle the white pieces are now on the ground around my car as well as in the engine bay. Keep in mind my charger is an 06 with only 12k on it. This coolant is trashed.

Old 04-12-2010, 04:48 PM
Supporting Vendor

My Charger: 2006 Dodge Charger SRT8
Quote:
Originally Posted by WidowmakerSRT8 View Post
Well,

Thanks to Brain at BND I got this thing going. He spent OVER 2 hours on the phone with me to help me through the process and was there to help EVERY time I Called. He was amazing.

I had a few problems with the coolant actually going back into the car but somehow it worked out. I have a different coolant bottle for some reason than other 2006's.

All I have to say is if you didn't drink the BND koolaid before, there is no other product or person that I would want to deal with. He isn't just there to sell you a product, he actually will spend time with you to make sure you take car of your car.

To spend two hours with me on the phone, on a beautiful Saturday afternoon no less, made me a customer for life.

Thanks again Brain. And if anyone doesn't believe the service that this man provides or are on the fence on whether his products work feel free to PM me and I will provide you my phone number to call me.

Here are the pictures of the coolant that came out. It was red to start with now its brownish, cloudy, and had white pieces that were floating around in it. After the flushed and having the water boiling over out of the bottle the white pieces are now on the ground around my car as well as in the engine bay. Keep in mind my charger is an 06 with only 12k on it. This coolant is trashed.

Hey, thank you for the nice words about what happened Saturday. We are here to make money, but it is not always about the money, and we are frankly glad we were in the office on Saturday to assist you.

Customers do come first with us and we try to put our actions behind our words. Enjoy the new QuantumBlue HP Gold Coolant!

Regards,
Brian
BND Automotive LLC
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger SRT-8 > Charger SRT-8 Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.