Trunk Light problem - Dodge Charger Forums
Charger Problems/Assistance You having problems with your Charger? Check and see if it is a common problem and get answers here.

#1 Old 03-19-2010, 02:01 PM
allenjer

(Thread Starter)
Trunk Light problem

I had the trunk on my 2006 R/T open and saw the light go out, so I went to Advance and got another bulb. Put it in and nothing...got another one...still nothing. Tested the bulb on a battery and it works. No blown fuses and all other lights interior or otherwise are not affected. All wires connected to trunk locking system look good and intact. Look through the Forums and didnt find anyone with this exact problem so what is the problem or how can I find the problem?? (By the way...anyone know the exact fuse connected to the trunk light?? Manual didnt list one specific but I did check all the small blade fuses)

2006 Dodge Charger R/T with four corner strobes (thanks to Wake County ABC), Brylcreem, Frankintake CAI, and ESP mod.

Future mods: Diablo Predator, BT catch can.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-25-2010, 05:48 PM
allenjer

(Thread Starter)
Found something on the 300C Forum about wiring being cut. Today I pulled the wires off the trunk lock latch and out of the rubber boot and found the black/white and purple wires completely cut in half. Patched them back together and re-routed the wires back through and hooked them up, and all works fine now.
#3 Old 03-25-2010, 10:41 PM
mnunes
Supporting Member (Lifetime)

We've been experiencing more and more problems with the wires feeding the trunk through that rubber boot. The same wire harness can also cause the trunk release to stop working. Glad you got it worked out.
#4 Old 08-18-2010, 01:02 PM
photopro

same problem with trunk light

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnunes View Post
We've been experiencing more and more problems with the wires feeding the trunk through that rubber boot. The same wire harness can also cause the trunk release to stop working. Glad you got it worked out.
same problem.. worked sometimes, started flickering with LED bulbs and stock. when i closed the trunk about 1/3 way light comes on full.. then last night it stopped working at all!! going to toe dealert tomorrow to get a clock spring installed and i will ask them to fix it (for free) be da--ed if i pay to get the POS fixed!! If not i'll fix it myself and send dodge a nice letter about their poor QC.

"Beauty is in the eye of the checkbook holder..."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Charger Problems/Assistance

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List