third brake light replacement - Dodge Charger Forums
Are you interested in the Dodge Challenger? Visit the Challenger Forum @ ChallengerTalk.com for your Dodge Challenger information!

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Exterior Discussion/Modifications

Exterior Discussion/Modifications Discussion of exterior modifications belongs in this section, even if the visual modification slightly affects performance (ie. spoilers, etc)

ChargerForums.com is the premier Dodge Charger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-30-2010, 02:10 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to TonZaga
third brake light replacement

So I just noticed that the plastic clips on my third brake light are broken from being tightened too tight I'm guessing. And the light is now falling back into the trunk, leaving a hole straight into the trunk. It's snowing like crazy here and I'm parking outside. So my question is, is this the part that I need?

http://www.moparsupercenter.com/dodg...c.html?cat=129

It doesn't have a picture and I want to make sure I pay for the correct part. Any help would be appreciated
2006 Dodge Charger SXT - Midnight Blue Pearl - JBA Titanium coated shorty headers, Eibach Pro-System, Tinted headlights, taillights, and fogs, black precision upper/lower grilles, black R/T wheels, custom Magnaflow dual exhaust, Big Bully CAI, cross-drilled and slotted rotors, DiabloSport intune 93 octane tune, Pioneer AVIC-Z110BT with Z120 interface
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3824472
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2010, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonZaga View Post
So I just noticed that the plastic clips on my third brake light are broken from being tightened too tight I'm guessing. And the light is now falling back into the trunk, leaving a hole straight into the trunk. It's snowing like crazy here and I'm parking outside. So my question is, is this the part that I need?

http://www.moparsupercenter.com/dodg...c.html?cat=129

It doesn't have a picture and I want to make sure I pay for the correct part. Any help would be appreciated
Going by the description, sounds like the right part .... I got mine from somewhere else when I wanted a spare to tint ... and I paid more

His: '13 Mustang GT Sterling Gray, Track Pack, Recaros, 2.3L Whipple, 591RWHP, 505RWTQ
- ordered 6.6.12, born 7.25.12, mine 8.11.12 -
Hers: '08 Mustang GT500 White/blue stripes, 551RWHP, 546RWTQ
For Sale >>> - 2010 Focus SE Sangria Red, 4-dr sedan, auto.
Old 02-01-2010, 01:04 PM

What year is your Charger? Is it still under warranty? The mounting brackets on my center brake light also cracked and it got replaced during the warranty period.
Old 02-01-2010, 10:21 PM
Supporting Member (Lifetime)
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Charger: 2006 RT w/ R&T
Yup, that's the part you need (4806263AC). At least early on they tended to overtighten them at the factory so they were already cracked when you bought the car. Fairly easy to do yourself if you're not under warranty or don't have other warranty work for the dealer to take care of while you're there.

How do I.... EVERYTHING!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Exterior Discussion/Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.