The Comprehensive V6 Performance Thread - Page 2 - Dodge Charger Forums
Are you interested in the Dodge Challenger? Visit the Challenger Forum @ ChallengerTalk.com for your Dodge Challenger information!

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > V6 Specific Discussion

ChargerForums.com is the premier Dodge Charger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-15-2010, 10:06 PM
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Charger: 2006 RT w/ R&T
I can't offer any V6 help but I did add a link to this in the "everything" thread. I think there's going to be lots of really good info here.

How do I.... EVERYTHING!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2010, 10:25 PM

Send a message via AIM to Vito
Awesome write up brad

I really Hate Mustangs, Especially Cobras
True||Street||Cars
1000+ RWHP Twin Turbo SRT-8 In The Making
Old 01-16-2010, 01:03 AM

When will aftermarket companies start making more V6 bolts-ons? I have a 00 Honda Civic Si and there are a lot more options for the 4 banger than the 6 shooter. Hopefully we will soon see MSD, under-drive pulley, High-flow fuel rail/ filters.Well only the future will tell until then I'll keep on modding.
06 Charger SRT, AFE Stage 2, 85 mm p/p tb, Intune 91 CAI tune, JBA catback exhaust, Jet 180 Thermostat, 20" Chally SRT wheels polished w/ Black pockets BT skull center caps, visor badges, and front badge, BT catch can. Alpine 6190 touchscreen stereo

Last edited by ChargerLewis; 01-27-2010 at 07:33 AM.
Old 01-16-2010, 08:50 AM

Thanks Brad for this thread, I really hope this thread will be an ongoing project like mnunes' "How do I everything" thread, which he continues to maintain and continues to add information. Especially in today's forums where almost 90% of the talk in threads isn't really relevant, or the information is spread out everywhere in different threads. Good to know there will be a main performance thread you can revise and perfect in the course of time.
Old 01-16-2010, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnunes View Post
I can't offer any V6 help but I did add a link to this in the "everything" thread. I think there's going to be lots of really good info here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynoXG View Post
Thanks Brad for this thread, I really hope this thread will be an ongoing project like mnunes' "How do I everything" thread, which he continues to maintain and continues to add information. Especially in today's forums where almost 90% of the talk in threads isn't really relevant, or the information is spread out everywhere in different threads. Good to know there will be a main performance thread you can revise and perfect in the course of time.
You mean it's not already perfect??
J/k
I'll do my best to keep it accurate and up to date.

Do you guys think we needs links? I'd hate to do links to things like exhaust and intakes that can be bought from multiple companies but perhaps the more unique parts I could put links to.

The Comprehensive List of V6 Performance Parts

Last edited by Brad SXT; 01-20-2010 at 05:51 PM.
Old 01-27-2010, 07:23 AM

Added some new stuff to the list. Still looking to see if I missed anything. If anybody out there knows of any parts that I haven't put in the list, please let me know

Old 01-27-2010, 07:43 AM

Well I see suspension was added, which i agree helps. You could add thing that add to aerodynamics/ down-force. Maybe even weight reduction? List looks good. I really want more performance parts for or 3.5. I have a 00 Civic Si that has way more mods available for it which i have most of the N/A bolt-ons. sad thing is my SI is probably faster than my Charger. Vendors if you are out the we need under-drive/ overdrive pulleys/ high flow fuel rails, bigger injectors, MSD for the V6, ect...
06 Charger SRT, AFE Stage 2, 85 mm p/p tb, Intune 91 CAI tune, JBA catback exhaust, Jet 180 Thermostat, 20" Chally SRT wheels polished w/ Black pockets BT skull center caps, visor badges, and front badge, BT catch can. Alpine 6190 touchscreen stereo
Old 01-27-2010, 07:55 AM

It's tough to compare our current level of mods to something like the Civic, because that's been out sooo much longer and has so much more support from pro-racing. I seriously doubt we'll ever see Dodge cars as competetive in autocross or any of the pro-racing series' run by SCCA and NASA. I do know there will be one or two Challengers in World Challenge and possibly American Iron series this year, though. (Along with several new Mustangs and new Camaro's...)

2007 TorRed SXT/AWD: Gone, but not forgotten.
2011 Mustang GT, Kona Blue
2007 Ram 1500 4x4, 4.7l V8. mods have started...
Old 01-27-2010, 10:11 AM

The American Iron series looks like it'd be a fun time. I was looking to see if I could budget to build a car that would be semi competitive in there. Probably won't happen though.

Aerodynamics and Weight reduction are kind of a difficult topic to address simply because they are so broad. Also, aero upgrades won't be v6 specific. I could go into weight reduction a little bit but it may be better for someone with some real knowledge on the subject to start a new thread about it.

My knowledge ends at taking out the floor mats, spare tire, seats, center console, and trunk insulation. Probably around 120 pounds when all is said and done.

As far as your civic si being faster than your charger... that's because it is. The stock civic si very comparable to the 0-60 times in a lightly modded charger. Plus, It's much lighter and smaller.

As far as having more mods available for the 3.5... The market just isn't there. I tried to organize the thread based on the current market. If you'll notice, there's alot of interest in the Tier 1 mods (many parts), a medium amount of interest in the Tier 2 mods, and a small amount of interest in the Tier 3 mods. If we can get people interested in purchasing v6 performance parts then manufacturers will start making v6 performance parts.

Last edited by Brad SXT; 01-27-2010 at 11:03 AM.
Old 01-27-2010, 07:30 PM

Thumbs up

Heeeyyy... I just noticed something...

THIS HAS BEEN "STICKYFIED"!!!

2007 TorRed SXT/AWD: Gone, but not forgotten.
2011 Mustang GT, Kona Blue
2007 Ram 1500 4x4, 4.7l V8. mods have started...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > V6 Specific Discussion

Tags
3.5l, intake, performance, supercharger, sxt*

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.