Charger on 26"s w/ Spindles Fabricated - Dodge Charger Forums
Wheels/Tires/Brakes/Suspension Discussion about anything involving the wheels, tires, suspension components, etc.

#1 Old 12-29-2009, 09:31 PM
innovativecharger

(Thread Starter)
Talking Charger on 26"s w/ Spindles Fabricated

Hey everyone! new to the forum but wanted to see what you guys thought about the 26" wheels on a charger, i noticed it has been pretty controversial since not alot of guys are doing it and the wheels are pretty rodonkilous! Especially for such a small car lol with that being said i took my car to one my buddies that does alot custom fabrication here in Arizona and had him work his magic let him get the car to fit the wheels. We were using a 275/25/ that we set the spindle up to fit that size of tire on the 26". Overall everything went great and fit perfect! i ordered the wheels that i am going to have on the car and they should be here in a week or so so i will post some photos of the car on the 26"s but for now i have some photos of the work that was done to the spindles.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-29-2009, 10:39 PM
08Black3.5SE+

im not a fan. but to each his own right?

IMHO anything over 22 is too much on these things. but we all have different taste. im pretty sure that will be the majority vote here.

also "such a small car"??? really??

I think trucks should be lifted and cars should be lowered....but thats just my 2 cents.

2008 SE PLUS Black SOLD
1997 Jeep ZJ Limited 4.0 White
1985 Dodge W150 5.9 Grey SOLD
2007 Jeep WK1 SRT8 Black
2008 300 SRT8 Black
"It could kill you in a heartbeat, but I tell you this: it is a straight shot of heroin to the veins, a sledgehammer to the forehead, and I love it as I have never loved another street car."
#3 Old 12-29-2009, 10:54 PM
innovativecharger

(Thread Starter)
I was putting it into perspective that 26"s are big for a car the charger is small compared to a Tahoe... and the wheels you would expect on a larger truck/Suv
#4 Old 12-29-2009, 10:56 PM
chad spender

Send a message via AIM to chad spender Send a message via Yahoo to chad spender
looks pretty good, anxious to see some full car pics so I can get the whole perspective.

2007 Silver Steel Dodge Charger SE, 3.5 V6, Hood Struts,De-badged, spoiler, De-molded, BT MOPAR M black Hood emblem, BT black anodized Pistol Grip Shift knob, BT "Old school Charger script shift insert, Spoiler,20% tint. Plasti Dip chrome shifter ring, plasti dipped stock 17's, Daytona R/T dual exhaust! stock reso's deleted and 4" tips installed.20" Black/machined Challenger Replica's. Eibach Pro Kit, Koni STR-T, Matte black hood decal. Grip Tuning Fascia
#5 Old 12-30-2009, 05:03 AM
Israel

Send a message via Yahoo to Israel
Welcome to the 26" club. What wheel did you go with?
#6 Old 12-30-2009, 05:46 AM
SOON2BCHARGIN804

Thats wassup...Chargers look so purrity with some 26s sitting up under it!!!!
#7 Old 12-30-2009, 06:57 AM
ChargeRonDavinS

Send a message via AIM to ChargeRonDavinS
not a fan, especially after my buddies and I bending 18 24's collectively on 30 and 25 series tires. 9 of them were me.

Sorry, good luck.

Mortgage Professional - Indiana Florida Georgia
2012 F150 FX4 - 24s, 2 10's, Halos/LED Strips, Tinted LED Tails, Pioneer Navi, HIDs (Deathray variety), LED Kit
2013 Fusion Titanium - Tinted tails & Corners, LED strip, HIDs, LED kit, 15% Tint
2008 Explorer XLT 4x4 - 22" wheels, Pioneer AppRadio, Halos, HIDs, Etc[/COLOR]
#8 Old 12-30-2009, 07:10 AM
modesto83

nice, can't wait to see some pics.

Charger SRT8 24"x 10"s, lambo doors, k&n cai, magnaflow exhuast, hid headlight & fogs, tinted tails, led interiors, viper 5900 remote start, 22elite leather console,
#9 Old 12-30-2009, 05:07 PM
MullenFabworks

Aren't Charger spindles cast? If they are, your spindles are going to crack. You can't weld cast without stressing the material severely.

If they are forged, then you will be okay as long as your buddy is a good (no comment from me on this) welder.

-Brent

Mechanical Engineer - Eaton Corp. / Tolco

2008 Steel Blue SRT8: MagnaFlow cat-back, BT catch can. Much more to come...
#10 Old 12-30-2009, 10:15 PM
Israel

Send a message via Yahoo to Israel
My spindles are welded and they have over 30,000 miles on the 26's and i have no cracks or bends. Knockin on wood
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Wheels/Tires/Brakes/Suspension

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List