When your gas light comes on, how much further do you drive? - Dodge Charger Forums
General Charger Discussion General Discussion about the Dodge Charger.

#1 Old 10-21-2009, 09:12 AM
sinistersix

(Thread Starter)
When your gas light comes on, how much further do you drive?

I have figured out that I get about 300 miles to the tank, and my gas light comes on around 260-270. Figure with a 19 gallon tank, the light comes on at 17 gallons used. call me wierd, but I usually like to push it and go further and further to see how far I can make it till the next gas station, kind of like that one Seinfeld episode. So I estimate once it comes on, I have about 25-30 miles left, what does everyone else think

Sig by ElCobra

"Stealer of lost souls, Sinister is the most feared evil power in the entire universe"
Rise of Apocalypse | The Four Horseman
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-21-2009, 09:24 AM
Gladiator
Super Moderator

I think I stalled out about 20 ft from the pump when I was 17 and it doesn't get any closer than that. Now I just hit the nearest gas station. Having to call roadside for gas (especially in one of these cars) would be too embarrasing.

Are you not entertained? Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
#3 Old 10-21-2009, 09:36 AM
mojo

I rarely let it get empty enough for the light to come on, but when it does I head for the nearest station. There is usually 2 - 2 1/2 gallons left when that happens.

'07 Silver SRT8 Opts. I, II, III + roof and rear DVD

Almost certainly nominated for something... somewhere.
#4 Old 10-21-2009, 09:53 AM
Charger06RT

That last 1/8th of a tank goes fast in my RT. I'd say once the gas light comes on you have ~20-30 miles before you run out.

#5 Old 10-21-2009, 10:01 AM
TROOPER

Not something I would honestly try in any car.

Fuel filter or not, I don't want to be sucking the crap from the bottom of the tank into my engine.

I fill up before the light ever comes on

--------------------
NEW - '07 Chevy TrailBlazer
SOLD - '08 Charger R/T - 5.7L V8 HEMI - Black
#6 Old 10-21-2009, 10:06 AM
black08
Banned User

Honestly don`t know cus mine never get below half a tank
#7 Old 10-21-2009, 10:07 AM
Kansas City_Charger

Till I reach a gas station lol
#8 Old 10-21-2009, 10:08 AM
BigMech
Supporting Member (Lifetime)

Send a message via AIM to BigMech
I've never seen the light in mine, so I can't tell you. I always fill up at 1/4 tank. You never know when you are going to get stuck in traffic jam.

-Brian

'07 Charger R/T, RWD, Inferno Red Crystal Pearlcoat.
20" AR Torque Thrust M's, SRT8 Suspension Kit, Airaid CAI, MM 85mm TB, Diablo Predator, Daytona Exhaust
Daytona rear spoiler, chin spoiler, grill, exhaust, and rear air diffuser, lots of Billettech goodies.
'13 Mustang GT Premium, Grabber Blue, 6-Speed, Track Pack.
#9 Old 10-21-2009, 10:25 AM
07SubLimeDaytona

I recently stalled out of gas 50 feet from a gas station, there was an ambulance directly behind me, he was cool enough to hit all his flashers and have is passenger help me push it in the station by hand (totally embarrassing). He said " this car broke down ?" I said nope ran out of gas , he says "you cant let that happen to a car like this ! lol "

"High performance tint", a 6 banger, $20 vent visors, a cold air intake (like thats gonna do anything), a color matching pine tree air freshener, electronic cut outs (so it sounds like I have a really fast 5000lb car) and a pop out "cartoonistic" sledge hammer to smash any Plum Crazy Chargers back into the rainbow they came from
#10 Old 10-21-2009, 10:33 AM
Gabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMech View Post
I've never seen the light in mine, so I can't tell you. I always fill up at 1/4 tank. You never know when you are going to get stuck in traffic jam.
And that's exactly what happened to me ... TWICE ... lol

The first time the light was on and I was stuck in a snowstorm-created traffic jam, in the middle of a long line of cars stopped on a deserted one-way-in-each-direction road ... after a few minutes I did a multi-point turn and turned around ... ended up making it with about 18 gallons needed to refill that 19-gal tank

The second time was a few days ago dealing with lots of traffic on the way to the gas station, about 8 miles after the light had come on ... and in my car, the light usually means that I have about 20-25 miles left ...

The most my tank took to get re-filled was 18.4xx gallons

Past, mine: 2007 Charger R/T AWD, heads/cam, hi-flow cats, full JBA exh., 6.1 injectors, a few other things. 355 AWHP, 370 AWTQ
Present, mine: '13 Mustang GT, Sterling Gray, MT82, Recaros, Track Pack. 2.3L Whipple, VMP heat exchanger, ID1000 injectors, JLT CAI, 591 RWHP, 505 RWTQ.
- Bad-weather ride: '06 Tundra 4x4 V8 AccessCab, Silver.
Present, GF's: '08 GT500, White/blue stripes, pulley/JLT CAI/tune, ~550RWHP/~540RWTQ.
- Bad-weather ride: '03 Forester, green, 5-speed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > General Charger Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List