Are OBX long tube headers good? - Dodge Charger Forums
Are you interested in the Dodge Challenger? Visit the Challenger Forum @ ChallengerTalk.com for your Dodge Challenger information!

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Performance Discussion/Modifications

ChargerForums.com is the premier Dodge Charger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 10-05-2009, 10:04 PM

Are OBX long tube headers good?

I found me some obx long tube headers and was wondering if they are a good brand to buy and was wondering if there was much of a difference between shorty's and long tubes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2009, 10:07 PM

I've never heard of them but looked around and see thier mostly on Ebay.

Old 10-06-2009, 07:57 PM

theres a few posts on them over on lxforums, those who have them do not have one bad thing to say about them. the only bad things you will hear are from people that do not have them.
Old 10-06-2009, 08:01 PM
Banned User

I do not know anyone personally thats using them......i have heard of the brand though. How much are they? If there close to 1K or better i would rather have KooK`s
Old 10-07-2009, 04:42 AM

I've seen them used on the charger. The only bad thing about them, is that their gaskets suck, no header bolts included, no o2 extensions included, and where the header meets the catback its the same size so you have to expand the catback to make it work. But for half the price I think it was worth it.

Connecticut Car Club
Old 10-07-2009, 10:53 PM
Supporting Vendor
Lifetime Supporting Member

http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/...d.php?t=114277

We Price Match! Call Us @ 443-730-9428
Old 10-07-2009, 11:14 PM

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandSpeed View Post

Doesn't look good( I know this could happen with any brand but..) If your looking for LT's I'd get the Kooks(JMO).

Old 10-08-2009, 04:45 PM

I am running the OBX long tubes on my car and am VERY impressed. Quality was excellent. The fit was great and I have no leaks what so ever. Did the install myself. I even used there gaskets. They fit up perfectly to my Magnaflow catback and only had to extend the driver side O2 sensor. No big deal. Well worth the money. I would defiantly recommend them and will use them in the future.
#1281 Sublime Daytona
Custom cold air, BT Catch Can, MagnaFlow Catback, OBX Long Tubes, Predator Tuner
331hp/372trq
Old 10-10-2009, 01:16 AM

Had mine since april. Do it!
Old 10-12-2009, 02:42 PM

After hearing some more positive reviews, I'm getting tempted again. Last time I asked about these about 6 months ago I got a lot of neigh sayers. For $500 plus another $150 for ceramic coating can't beat the price!
2006 Go Man Go Daytona #2441 - 20" American Racing Torq Thurst Wheels, AFE Stage 2 CAI, SLP Loudmouth 1 exhaust, Diablo Predator, DIY trunk lid liner, 22elite console cover with embroidery by Jina, visor desguisers by streamlinedesign, glovebox light mod, hood prop mod
1999 Dodge Ram 1500 QuadCab 4x4, 6" Skyjacker suspension lift, 3" PA body lift, 38" SuperSwamper SSR tires, 16"x10" Helo Maxx 6 wheels, nerf bars
2007 Dodge Ram 1500 QuadCab 4x4, stock for now other than nerf bars
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Performance Discussion/Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.